Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is HK-47 in Faundry still bugging after almost 6 months ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Why is HK-47 in Faundry still bugging after almost 6 months ?

jsdcaedus
05.03.2012 , 05:58 AM | #11
SIGNED.

BW, please stop making the crappiest parts of your game (GTN) even crappier, and FIX THIS.

absolutely inexcusable after over 5 months. we don't want new content that is not playable to 95% of players due to difficulty (lost island), we want your existing content to just work. THEN make new stuff.

yes i have cleared and love lost island, but you can't deny that it is too hard for most players, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. just making the point that you need to fix what you already have before you make something that most players can't even feasibly try.

NasherUK
05.03.2012 , 06:13 AM | #12
Last time I ran hard foundry (few days ago) we actually had to change tactics to get around the bugs. People were being insta-killed by the pillar dropping when it wasn't and HK was continuing to attack us while he was supposed to be inside it etc.

Another annoying bug is the droid boss in KP, if you wipe he will vanish after resetting. Which means you have to reset the instance and kill the trash again. This happens every single damn time!

Really, these kind of things are game breaking bugs as even the work arounds don't always work, they should be fixed as top priority. Not stuff like disabling exit area in combat.

YeknomStun
05.03.2012 , 09:33 AM | #13
This fight finally worked for me this week, albeit not bug free entirely. One of the panels would respawn every time, forcing me to click it twice, but I'd gladly take that over him getting permanent power to the core.

LordMardur
05.03.2012 , 12:59 PM | #14
The most interesting thing about HK-47 is that it bugs out differently every time. Effects I have seen so far:
Panels not appearing, boss getting rage buff after pressing all 4 panels, boss getting "stuck" in the tube, boss staying invisible for more than a minute, boss keeps sniping random players while being immune for several minutes, 4 adds spawning at a time.

That being said, he is beatable. I have the speeder drop from Revan on 3 of my chars.

On normal, I noticed that it is better to ignore the panels. The fire damage effect he does is alot LESS damage than his normal attacks after getting out with killed panels. Thinking about it, that might be another bug

agassparkle
05.06.2012 , 11:03 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by jsdcaedus View Post
SIGNED.
we don't want new content that is not playable to 95% of players due to difficulty (lost island), we want your existing content to just work. THEN make new stuff.
I couldn't agree more. There isn't any other boss like the first boss that is melee unfriendly. It doubles the effort if you have a melee dps Well it is a fine instance. I like it to be hard. But the second boss trolled us yesterday. You know you have to gather under him when he starts to smash. Just a second before completing his chest bumping he took a little step back And we all ended up in lava. PLS fix. I love the game but cant enjoy it.

Revan-the-knight
05.06.2012 , 11:20 PM | #16
HK is to awesome to die easily
Chose a Marauder, Not because they are OP, i chose it because its the closest thing to Revan as you can get, Revanites Unite!

The Vaner Legacy

Karkais
05.07.2012 , 12:17 AM | #17
Vaarsuviuss: At least you have given me an explanation that makes sense. Doing too much dps and the boss entering a phase within phase. Propably the reason I seem to see more of these bugs than many other people is because I play DPS and I DPS like a boss, apparently.

I have noticed one of the following bugs can happen:

- HK is enraged after the first healing chamber regardless of the speed with which you kill panels, and you wipe.

- Chamber comes down, but HK remains outside. If you attack him during this period, it may cause him to enrage when the chamber goes up, causing a wipe. I think he actually enrages anyway. In any case he will be outside the chamber shooting at us during the chamber sequence.

- HK is in the middle, chamber comes down, but the chamber itself is invisible. Only the panels are visible and you can destroy them.

- Chamber is down, but panels do not spawn at all, ie. you cant get HK out of the chamber. HK will also continue to shoot us through the walls of the chamber, while being untargetable himself.
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

pureeffinmetal
05.07.2012 , 04:54 AM | #18
HK is a joke. Know what I miss?

I miss Revan's Force Lightning ticking for 50k. That was a fun fight.

LFG Assassin Tank for Foundry HM!

"Okay ready..here it comes...FORCE SHROUD!!!!"

"Crap I was second too late."

"No worries we got him next time"
Fallschirmjager
Lightning Sorcerer
<Rapture>
The Shadowlands (Formerly Shadow Hand)

DeathDiciple
05.07.2012 , 05:08 AM | #19
sigh i was wondering the same thing, 2 bugs in one run yesterday, as if he just got worse after 1.2.... seriously how hard can it be to make him actually work properly...

crazyBE
05.07.2012 , 05:42 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by NasherUK View Post

Another annoying bug is the droid boss in KP, if you wipe he will vanish after resetting. Which means you have to reset the instance and kill the trash again. This happens every single damn time!
The droid respawns after a while, just have patience when you reenter.(shouldn't take more than 1-2 minutes)