Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FREE Character Transfers are Coming!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
FREE Character Transfers are Coming!

ktkenshinx
04.27.2012 , 03:43 PM | #1
From the 4/27/2012 Q&A:
http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-april-27th-2012
Quote:
Arymono: When will character transfers be available for everybody?

Dallas Dickinson (Senior Producer, Live Services): We will be rolling out our Character Transfer Service in early summer. First we’ll have some targeted free transfers from/to specific servers, but that will be followed with a broader system where you can either take advantage of free promotional transfers to specific servers or paid transfers to the server of your choice. We know everyone has more questions about character transfer, and we’ll reveal more details closer to the launch date.
And again...
Quote:
DrakeAssaShin: What is being done to address low population servers?

Dallas: The Character Transfer Service, as mentioned above, will be offering free transfers from/to specific servers. This should allow the most motivated players to get onto a higher population server.
Big news for the SWTOR community, especially those on low population (and super high population) servers. I am personally very pleased that BW is making this first wave of transfers free; good costumer service move on their part.

No exact ETA on the date of these transfers, but I imagine that "Early summer" means sometime in June.
The Outlaw Miyke Fink: Scrapper, Prophecy of the Five
See you, space cowboys!: Formerly of Brown Coats
---THE SCRAPPER'S HANDBOOK: A PvP Guide---

Zilrota
05.01.2012 , 09:49 PM | #2
Because the previous thread has exceeded our normal threshold for thread length, we've started this new thread for the community to discuss the topic.

As always, we ask that the community keep the following things on mind when responding:
  1. No insults, name calling, or personal attacks
  2. Please stay on topic.
  3. Please express your opinion and thoughts in a constructive, respectful manner.
  4. If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.
  5. Keep in mind that everyone has different viewpoints. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're trolling. If you believe someone is trolling, please use the Flag function to report their post.

Thank you!

Nyteblades
05.01.2012 , 09:53 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ktkenshinx View Post
From the 4/27/2012 Q&A:

And again...

Big news for the SWTOR community, especially those on low population (and super high population) servers. I am personally very pleased that BW is making this first wave of transfers free; good costumer service move on their part.

No exact ETA on the date of these transfers, but I imagine that "Early summer" means sometime in June.
I wouldnt assume anything it will help keep you from disapoinment. With the track record so far early summer is prolly some time after the leaves turn orange .And the snow is falling.
Live life with honor,And you will die with no regrets.

Nyteblades
05.01.2012 , 10:05 PM | #4
The thing that gets me is how so many people can just overlook the fact that transfers are already in the game. To say there not is just blindness. They did it for the apacs. Now yes i understand that it needs to be scaled and modified to roll on all servers.

But the base system is infact there, And i gaurantee it isnt that big a step to take that base system and mod into open useage.

The real reason they dont already have it moded and released is because they know that once it is they will have to either merge or close some servers. As they are ghost towns now. So when the few remaining people on them servers can transfer they will go from ghost towns to pergatorys.

And closing or merging will be viewed as game decline. It will give the company a percieved black eye. But once it settles down and the ones needing transfers move it will begin to increase again as people will be alot happier and more active. Since they will have more people to actualy play with.

They need to stop with the half truths and soons and maybe and just get it done so the game can recover grow and move on.

Better for them to take a black eye and win the fight, Than to keep dancing around and slowly get beat down to a point they cant get up from.

Moofausa
05.01.2012 , 10:30 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ktkenshinx View Post
From the 4/27/2012 Q&A:

And again...

We don't need transfers, we need merges.

Andryah
05.01.2012 , 10:31 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyteblades View Post
The thing that gets me is how so many people can just overlook the fact that transfers are already in the game. To say there not is just blindness. They did it for the apacs. Now yes i understand that it needs to be scaled and modified to roll on all servers.

But the base system is infact there, And i gaurantee it isnt that big a step to take that base system and mod into open useage.

The real reason they dont already have it moded and released is because they know that once it is they will have to either merge or close some servers. As they are ghost towns now. So when the few remaining people on them servers can transfer they will go from ghost towns to pergatorys.

And closing or merging will be viewed as game decline. It will give the company a percieved black eye. But once it settles down and the ones needing transfers move it will begin to increase again as people will be alot happier and more active. Since they will have more people to actualy play with.

They need to stop with the half truths and soons and maybe and just get it done so the game can recover grow and move on.

Better for them to take a black eye and win the fight, Than to keep dancing around and slowly get beat down to a point they cant get up from.
Complete nonsense.
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.

Nyteblades
05.01.2012 , 10:40 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Complete nonsense.
Realy. why ?? Just because you dont agree dosnt make nonsense. Your entiteled to your oppion of course. But dosnt change the fact what i said is true. Maybe im wrong about the reasons it isnt available to all (tho i dont believe i am) But theres no denying the system at least in a base form is indeed in the game and been used by many players already.

LeonBraun
05.01.2012 , 10:41 PM | #8
The feeling that server mergers will signal decline is ridiculous and insane. It's clear to EVERYONE that server mergers are needed to stop people from leaving due to low server pop. It's a vicious circle that needs to end.

EA/BioWare need to man up and admit that the way the servers were handled in the first week was a mistake, and announce in a clear and confident way, that server transfers off those servers, then merging some and closing the dead ones will be a one time correct of that initial error.

The gaming community needs strong, healthy, populated servers and they need to start seeing some better communication and transparency from the dev team. All people want is the ability to play a game they like in an atmosphere that is clear and fair.
Honalee - Guild Leader of Midnight Sunrise - The Harbinger Server

The Lightwarder Legacy - The Harbinger Server Honalee - Honaloo - Hona - Panidora
Spyce - Cadogan - Praksas - Ratigan

Jim_usmc
05.01.2012 , 10:42 PM | #9
I want to leave this low pop server..

and I don't want to because it would restart legacy level >.>

sigh..

POSOINU
05.01.2012 , 10:42 PM | #10
But srsly i want free time until server transfers are out. Today Logged on and if all the 50's grouped up we would still need one more person to form an ops group. thats assuming six dps and one tank is an optimal raid comp