Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Yeah! I just made Legacy Level 8.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Yeah! I just made Legacy Level 8.

Malsidius
05.02.2012 , 08:12 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Neollama View Post
You are right everything would be way better if they gave it away for free and everyone had it.
Free? hmm... Leveling up Legacy was effort enough for a reward.

Zsavooz
05.02.2012 , 08:22 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Aaaah, kids today... they want immediate satisfaction.

What happened to putting some effort into getting something?
thanks, Pop, for replying. Guess I'll do my homework, now. Did you used to walk to school in three feet of snow without shoes?

Belogard
05.02.2012 , 08:26 AM | #53
Yeah, it's kinda funny. They're losing people left and right and introduce a feature that could entice people to stay and give it another shot, but 'cause they need something to entice people to stay and play, they're charging so many credits for things you'd never find cover if you play ten years.

Did I tell you about Barney One Bullet? He shot himself in the foot unholstering his pistol.
It is not wise to meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger

Zsavooz
05.02.2012 , 08:28 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Belogard View Post
Yeah, it's kinda funny. They're losing people left and right and introduce a feature that could entice people to stay and give it another shot, but 'cause they need something to entice people to stay and play, they're charging so many credits for things you'd never find cover if you play ten years.

Did I tell you about Barney One Bullet? He shot himself in the foot unholstering his pistol.
it boggles my mind how out of touch Bioware is. It's like they never developed an MMORPG before. Oh, wait, they never did, painfully obvious.

Emdix
05.02.2012 , 08:47 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Sorwen View Post
I can't wait till they unlock more things I can't purchase.
This made me laugh.But yeah it is true.Btw I can purchase these things.Unfortunately, if I purchase for example GTM for my ship, it would be kinda useless for me.You know I play on dead server and GTM is empty.

So the point is, these legacy things are useful only for some people, not for everyone.

Corwind-strider
05.02.2012 , 09:13 AM | #56
while i don't think they should give the legacy stuff away for free i do feel the work i put into gaining the actual legacy lv's should be enough to unlock the majority of the perks failing that they should reduce the cost of them.

stuff like the mail box and repair droid 1.5 mil for just those 2 get real both of those should be a given on any ship and while i don't mind paying for the GMT I'm sure as hell not going to pay 5 mil for it overall there seems to be no balance in the benefit for cost of the legacy stuff

JarenWelen
05.02.2012 , 09:17 AM | #57
Putting broken promises aside, Legacy Levels should serve to, at the minimum, reduce the price of Legacy Unlocks. The average bank balance of players, as claimed by Bioware themselves, is well below the cost of the majority of these unlocks.

Perhaps the price of unlocks should scale with levels? So an unlock that can be purchased at Legacy 10 for 1 million can be bought by a Legacy 11 for 950k, 12 for 900k, etc.
Jaren Welen :: Vigilant || Ambassador Welen :: Infiltrator
Zekken :: Tactician || Jainie :: Seer || Vespe :: Scrapper
Jedge :: Sharpshooter || Zeckary :: Annihilator || Myn :: Madman

timpfields
05.02.2012 , 11:48 AM | #58
I don't mind the lower level legacy requirement attached to the credits option, however I thought there would be the other option of unlocking things without credits at a much higher legacy level. Say legacy level 50 unlocks the GTN for example. Legacy Level 25 would get you stuff like the mailbox / repair droid.

That way it would work similarly to how they presented it at the Guild Summit: Credits or Legacy Level. As it is now as legacy level 30 I receive no benefit past level 25 as all unlocks are gated by that time provided you have the millions of credits to pay for them.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Utu - 50 Seer Sage

Akkadian - 50 Darkness Assassin

Urael
05.02.2012 , 11:51 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Shaith View Post
Take heart, OP - I hear the Dark Council just passed EmperorCare(TM) - between that and the USU (United Sithworkers Union) you should be well provided for. Just ignore that pretty red thing stuck through your navel, it's just a perk.
You mean that thing in the form of a "circle"?

flyersfan
05.02.2012 , 12:05 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Scerge View Post
Oh and here we have someone who wants to be a special snowflake.
Not necessarily. Giving these things out takes away from the "legacy" feel. I'm glad these things are expensive.
Clan Brevyc

Drevenya - Shield Tech
Vozza - Bodyguard