Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Yeah! I just made Legacy Level 8.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Yeah! I just made Legacy Level 8.

SuperBoogly
05.02.2012 , 06:11 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Neollama View Post
You are right everything would be way better if they gave it away for free and everyone had it.
Since you want to be different, I say they only charge you for this game
My Imperial Agent saves his trusty sidearm for those annoying cut-scene NPCs only!

Koolthulu
05.02.2012 , 06:21 AM | #42
The current stuff isn't really worth it, for me at least. I bought the human species unlock, just because I hate playing humans in MMORPGs. Some of the 1.3 unlocks look interesting, so I'm saving my money for those.

iceperson
05.02.2012 , 06:52 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by EuphoricAnguish View Post
Why are people who say the Legacy perks are worthless complaining about the price?

Because they want those perks, but are too busy feeling entitled to them to pay the money required. The perks aren't worthless, but the entitled minority likes to pretend they are in an effort to get prices reduced. Typical gamer mindset, sadly; complain until someone hears you and gives in, just to shut your up.
I agree, screw those idiots who think a game should be fun!

Velgar
05.02.2012 , 06:54 AM | #44
With 3 Lvl 50s and a legacy level of 32 I am finding the the Legacy System to be largely a bust. The prices of most of the unlocks are far too high for the usefulness of the perk. I have around 6 million credits between the 3 lvl 50s but I won't buy any of the overpriced unlocks that my legacy level has opened simply because the cost vs. the benefit is too far out of whack. They need to knock two zeroes off the prices to make the cost vs. the benefit worthwhile. Until then I can do without a vendor or a mailbox on my ships. And forget a neutral GTN terminal, the economy on my deserted server (Telos Restoration Project) is so broken that finding anything worthwhile for sale even on your own faction GTN is impossible much less on the neutral one. Less than 100 Imperials of all levels on last Saturday evening. Even fewer Reps.

Thaladar_SWTOR
05.02.2012 , 07:36 AM | #45
I agree that the prices of the Legacy unlocks are entirely too expensive. Since Bioware runs metrics on everything, they clearly know how much money everyone has and how many people have bought these ridiculous unlocks. So, if Supply and Demand actually work (which I'm doubtful of since as the GMs, they can set the price at whatever they want with no repercussions or impact), then they will see whether these are "selling". If not, hopefully they will lower the price to a reasonable amount to spur legacy unlock purchases.

I know they would never release any information on this, but I'd love to hear a) What % of people in the game with the appropriate legacy level could afford these unlocks and b) What % of them actually purchased which unlocks - if any. I think these numbers would be pretty telling that they completly mis-priced the legacy unlocks.

Sotof
05.02.2012 , 07:37 AM | #46
The biggest problem is that legacy levels are effectively useless if they only grant the ability to purchase things at insane prices.

JJDrakken
05.02.2012 , 07:52 AM | #47
Prices should be cut in half honestly. This coming from someone who has everything unlocked for legacy stuff, besides Rocket Boost & Upgrades. I am Legacy lvl 44 now or 43, I can't quite recall of top my head.

Yes I spent all that money & then some(payed for guild tab myself & still drop 200k a week in the guild vaults)

But I firmly believe those prices should be cut 1/2. As is the Ship GTN isn't very useful, because of the price. Barely anyone uses it.

JJ
GUILD: LEGACY Server: The Harbinger
A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he ain't afraid of anything.
This Jawa is hiding something!

Sholagar
05.02.2012 , 08:02 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Neollama View Post
You are right everything would be way better if they gave it away for free and everyone had it.
Some would think just getting to the legacy level is enough of an effort......

I mean I'm legacy 16-17..... and don't have anything to show for it other than the extra buffs, which aren't even because of my legacy level but rather the fact I have 3 different classes that finished chapter 2 of their class quests.

The legacies themselves are just plain awful.... I mean who really needs an hour less cooldown on their fleet pass?? Who even leaves the fleet any more once they're 50? Legacies were hastily thrown together (obvious), and then thrown on huge price tags for the ones actually worth anything, so that no one grinded them out too fast.

What grinds my gears more than anything about the whole legacy thing..... why do all my characters HAVE to be a part of the same legacy?? I wanted a different last name for some of my guys, but no I am stuck with the same one for all.... like my Twi'lek smuggler is somehow related to my human Vanguard??? Its so silly, and so easy for them to allow the ability to make it more customizable.

Xabana
05.02.2012 , 08:08 AM | #49
I agree that the Legacy awards are pure rot. They offer no incentive to make alts and just seem like a lazy idea thrown into the pot at an infantile stage. Much like the design of this entire game.

janne_josefsson
05.02.2012 , 08:09 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Dimelin View Post
Legacy Level 24 here and between all the alts and 3 50's I think I've had at most maybe 1 Mil across the account maybe once. Yeah just not into grinding day after day for a vendor on my ship.
/HIGHFIVE

Close to legacy lvl29 and i really do not see why future legacy xp boosts should require high legacy lvl AND creditfarm.

I can understand that shipvendor/GTN/rocketboost are all a bit pricy since it's pure luxury but if the future legacy xp boosts will cost 1 mil each (or more)...there is a chance that i might end up dissapointed in this game, which would be the first time.
http://www.myspace.com/ostermalmboys

Music straight from the rock-bottom of society