Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Yeah! I just made Legacy Level 8.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Yeah! I just made Legacy Level 8.

Skoobie
05.01.2012 , 10:18 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by iceperson View Post
http://www.swtor.com/fr/community/sh...55#post3401855

The last paragraph is so funny.

I realize he's not a native English speaker, but I don't care what language you speak it's clear he's saying 2 different things in the same breath. The man should be a lawyer. Maybe he can help us understand what the definition of "is" is...
I think it's funny that he says "And let me make this clear, since there's some confusion about it:" and proceeds to make it more confusing!

But I think he was talking about two different things there...one is the actual unlock, and one is actually acquiring the items. But yea, that's one confusing post.

Genghistwelve
05.01.2012 , 10:20 PM | #22
If you want to grind legacy through dailies, your best bet is getting one to 50, then do the Ilum dailies. They're the most legacy bang for the buck. The Belsavis dailies aren't bad either, but if I remember give something like half the amount per quest than the Ilums.
"Your signature was recently removed for violating the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ community Rules of Conduct. Please note that this is just a friendly reminder of the Rules of Conduct - no infraction points have been added to your account!

Comments, including signatures, that are sexual or vulgar in nature are considered inappropriate for the forums
."

redsovereign
05.01.2012 , 10:21 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyteblades View Post
Yes you actualy get more legacy xps from a lvl 50 Also i would check on that legacy lvl 20 armor as you can get the exact same armor and even some better looking by around lvl 30. As a matter of fact the lvl 11 quest on coresaunt republics most wanted is actualy a descent modable robe takes about 15 mins to get also and no money . But will admit it dosnt have the metal on the back of the robe wont get that till around lvl 30 inside the taral v flashpoint.

But before i sunk that much of my creds id definatly check into it. Thats why i didnt buy it for my alt. If you want it then hey by all means get it. To each there own a d you may see something in it i didnt. But just saying might save ya some regrets later to see what some other armor options are before spending that kinda creds.
Thing is the level legacy armor for JK's are the same as the one you have at the character screen but with hood up. The only other armor like that that is moddable that I know of is the rare Jedi Battlelord's Chestguard and that is lvl 40+ and rare.

The other heavy robes for JK are so ugly looking to me that I simply haven't been able to roll a Jedi since I began playing the game at the early release so I was excited when I saw that the advertised armor was finally obtainable when Bioware added the vendors.
It's not about that I need "things naaaoww!!" but that there is zero choices to make at the JK side. It's even more infuriating hwne compare JK to the Sith Warrior where you have a large variety of different customizable armor styles to choose from. Everything from robes, robes with armor under to vader styled armor types.

But thanks now I know what to do lol. Get my main to 50 and farm farm farm to legacy 20 so i finally can create a Jedi!
I'll make this completely clear, rookie--when you're in the field, what I say goes. Period!

redsovereign
05.01.2012 , 10:31 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Genghistwelve View Post
If you want to grind legacy through dailies, your best bet is getting one to 50, then do the Ilum dailies. They're the most legacy bang for the buck. The Belsavis dailies aren't bad either, but if I remember give something like half the amount per quest than the Ilums.
Thank you. It's assuring to know that this method works
I'll make this completely clear, rookie--when you're in the field, what I say goes. Period!

Nyteblades
05.01.2012 , 10:32 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by redsovereign View Post
Thing is the level legacy armor for JK's are the same as the one you have at the character screen but with hood up. The only other armor like that that is moddable that I know of is the rare Jedi Battlelord's Chestguard and that is lvl 40+ and rare.

The other heavy robes for JK are so ugly looking to me that I simply haven't been able to roll a Jedi since I began playing the game at the early release so I was excited when I saw that the advertised armor was finally obtainable when Bioware added the vendors.
It's not about that I need "things naaaoww!!" but that there is zero choices to make at the JK side. It's even more infuriating hwne compare JK to the Sith Warrior where you have a large variety of different customizable armor styles to choose from. Everything from robes, robes with armor under to vader styled armor types.

But thanks now I know what to do lol. Get my main to 50 and farm farm farm to legacy 20 so i finally can create a Jedi!
I got to admit it would have made it totaly worth the money if they had made that set exactly like the one on create screen. With the hood down it would have been great. I love how in almost all cut scenes, All the masters or other jedi you meet they have the hoods down yet we are stuck with every robe we get having hood up . They was supposed to put the hood up/down option in 1.2 but i guess it slipped thru the cracks.
Live life with honor,And you will die with no regrets.

redsovereign
05.01.2012 , 10:51 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyteblades View Post
I got to admit it would have made it totaly worth the money if they had made that set exactly like the one on create screen. With the hood down it would have been great. I love how in almost all cut scenes, All the masters or other jedi you meet they have the hoods down yet we are stuck with every robe we get having hood up . They was supposed to put the hood up/down option in 1.2 but i guess it slipped thru the cracks.
The weird thing also is that that feature already exist in the game namely hooded robes and Twileks and the robes that have a hood resting on the shoulders also already exist.
Dunno *** the prbolem is tbh

Nyteblades
05.01.2012 , 10:54 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by redsovereign View Post
The weird thing also is that that feature already exist in the game namely hooded robes and Twileks and the robes that have a hood resting on the shoulders also already exist.
Dunno *** the prbolem is tbh
Im with ya and the sith have alot of jedi looking robes that have the hood down on them . If nothing else they could have made a few of them universal to both factions maybe with diffrent color schemes. But to be honest thats one of the bigger contributing factors to faction in balance is the huge diffrence in gear apeal between factions.

And while you can mail items from your imps to reps or vise versa thats still no good because it converts the graphics skins.
Live life with honor,And you will die with no regrets.

Sammm
05.02.2012 , 01:58 AM | #28
To me, most of those legacy bonuses are long term goals. I know that it will take me months to unlock all of them but I'm find with that. I'm a really patient gamer I guess.

EuphoricAnguish
05.02.2012 , 02:07 AM | #29
Why are people who say the Legacy perks are worthless complaining about the price?

Because they want those perks, but are too busy feeling entitled to them to pay the money required. The perks aren't worthless, but the entitled minority likes to pretend they are in an effort to get prices reduced. Typical gamer mindset, sadly; complain until someone hears you and gives in, just to shut your up.
The Iht'zat'rap Legacy :: Kaas City (Republic)
Duwnt'luuk'nao - 50 Gunslinger || Graamsh - 50 Guardian
Grymne - 50 Commando || Lew'kowt - 43 Sage
For'thlazt'yme - 26 Shadow || Seilamoc - 19 Vanguard

hippiechick
05.02.2012 , 02:11 AM | #30
Ive said this before in these forums but this seems like a good place to repeat it...

I watched the guild summit, every minute of it. They stated that they are watching the economy closely and that 82% of the population has less than a million credits. Then they proceed to make the legacy stuff so expensive that you have to have several million to buy all of it. You have to have a couple of million to buy "some" of it. Less than a million? That doesnt get you much.

I am one of those people in the 82% bracket. I will never have time to grind out enough credits to get ALL the stuff, so fine, I can live with that. What I am having a hard time with though is that I probably wont see ANY of it. Maybe one or two things.

I am a SWTOR lover. I have an absolute blast playing this game despite the few things that bug me. The linear questing most notably. But the price of Legacy stuff is making me actually consider unsubbing, I am going to finish the chars I have started then rethink my position on how long I plan to sub to this game. It was definitely longer when I thought I could take advantage of at least SOME of the Legacy stuff.

Sorry but I am just not a grinder. I dont mind working for things in a game but I can NOT go grind out the credits it will take to get the things I want from the Legacy system and call it fun. They screwed the pooch again IMO..

M

PS They DID lead us to believe that it would take EITHER credtis or Legacy to obtain this stuff. I dont mind doing what it takes to get my legacy up but I DO mind grinding for creds. A lot of people who play like I do feel the same. I dont care if it takes me a month to gain one Legacy level because I dont have as much time to play as some others do. But I DO mind having to grind out stuff I dont enjoy (dailies for example) to earn credits to BUY the stuff. Hate me all you want for it, but I was simply expecting them to stick to what they said.

M
If at first you don't succeed...
then skydiving isn't for you.