Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Yeah! I just made Legacy Level 8.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Yeah! I just made Legacy Level 8.

Jedlosson
05.24.2012 , 05:42 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Trosso View Post
i have over 10 million credits because I'm not a total moron with my spenditure, but please keep buying my stuff on the GTN and make me rich!
Actually, I am in the same situation as the person who you replied to. I have NEVER bought anything from GTN and I already have 3 level 50 characters - still, all the money combined on all of my characters is definitely no more than 4 million.

It really depends on the fact whether you are willing to do the level 50 dailies or not. They are the main source of income in this game. But considering that I have only 3 hours to play per day, I have no intention to waste my playtime upon them.

BW promised that leveling alts will be worthwhile because of the legacy system. The truth is leveling alts is a waste of time from the legacy unlocks point of view. You will never earn any significant amount of money from leveling alts until they hit level 40.

I completely agree with the people who say that legacy should be made on this principle: Money OR Legacy level instead of the current one Money AND Legacy level.
Sith Juggernaut 55 | Sniper 55 | Sith Sorceror 52 | Mercenary 50
Jedi Guardian 55 | Jedi Shadow 50 | Vanguard 50 | Scoundrel 13
<=== Legacy 47 ===>

Sorwen
05.24.2012 , 10:23 PM | #122
For one shining moment I had 500k. It was either buy one Legacy unlock(ship mail box I think is that much) and spend half the game with no room in my inventory on my next characters or send two of them a little money and some crafted items to get them started. Seeing as how I've only seen one legacy item drop(so I have two with free one you get) I didn't have any real choice if I wanted to enjoy the game this time around. *Waves bye to 420K* 70 to each and the rest went to trying to craft. Well I guess that is a legacy of sorts. Playing a level 50 off and on for a few weeks so you can send the money and crafted items to family. It is so lifelike it is almost creepy. Freaking mooching relatives.

Moral of the story? Don't be a casual player in SWtOR and craft then expect to get much of anywhere for a while. The only bright side was I got my armor almost as good as the PvP gear though dailies could finally dump it for my Orange gear.
Forever and always forward.
Please save me from the shortsightedness of developers that think they are clever.
More family tree options
Yeah! I just made Legacy Level 8. (and I didn't even get a T-shirt)

JeramieCrowe
05.24.2012 , 10:26 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Sorwen View Post
And unlocked the ability to be unable to buy something for 2 million. Its awesome. My families legacy is about being crafters that are broke and I get to feel it at every level. I can't wait till they unlock more things I can't purchase.

Edit: I guess I should give them props for making the game life like at least.
Nice! I just made Legacy level 34, and bought a full suit of Legacy gear, bought all the unarmed abilities, and several more things.

At 300k a day just for solo dailies, it's easy peasy to make money in this game.

Also, as a crafter, sell mats. MUCHO dinero in that.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Zaemiel
05.29.2012 , 06:49 AM | #124
As i was adviced to post it here...

I have the suggestion. I am leveling 3rd char, and have all legacy level for every upgrade it required, still legacy is still growing. However, my money is very limited, so I cannot buy the legacy upgrades I want to...

Why just don't make some discount for legacy upgrades ('y') for each legacy level you equire? Like 1 % of dicount for every level of Legacy above, let's say, 10th (or even withount such limitations)...

That would make leveling legacy less meaningless and also that would reward playing many chars, what do you think? BTW it is very simple correction with almost no affort to do....

Sorwen
06.08.2012 , 09:48 PM | #125
Still need something. With the new legacy stuff that is purchase per character it is just getting more and more insane. How the implement Legacy isn't the same as what they tell us it is for. Tire of being told one thing for them to purposely do another.
Forever and always forward.
Please save me from the shortsightedness of developers that think they are clever.
More family tree options
Yeah! I just made Legacy Level 8. (and I didn't even get a T-shirt)