Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Yeah! I just made Legacy Level 8.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Yeah! I just made Legacy Level 8.

kirorx
05.03.2012 , 03:51 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Gokkus View Post
3 days of 20 minute (1-1.5 hour total max) dailes on 1 character to reduce the QT time by 20% for all characters. How is that not reasonable?
Already vested time into leveling 3 toons. I dont know what legacy i am but its in the double digits.

I cant afford any of the legacy stuff. This stuff should be unlocked at legacy levels not purchased for millions.

As far as credits go, i already spent most of my credits on things like the 100k to remove mods from my BM sets (that like one piece at just about 100K) so my warrior does not look like he is from "the rocky horror picture show".

Gokkus
05.03.2012 , 04:55 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Sorwen View Post
Yes, but for many it doesn't work that way and may not for quite awhile. For other things it will be well past the time you unlock it that you will even have the money to get it.

It is great it works that easy for you. It took me 3 hours last night to make 70K.
I was simply referring to the black hole dailies which are easily accesible for every lvl 50 character. I wasnt boasting, thats just how much you get on returning those quests. Maybe it takes an hour for some people to do those quests I dont know, but thats still only 3 hours work for a permanent 6 houres of QC for all your characters. Not to mention the commendations youll get.

If your not level 50, then it is difficult to access legacy, true. But legacy implies high level and something that takes effort to obtain. It was meant as end game.
Jolee: I did it all for the Wookiees.
Revan: The Wookiees?
Jolee: The Wookiees!

tloops
05.03.2012 , 04:59 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Neollama View Post
You are right everything would be way better if they gave it away for free and everyone had it.
i dont agree with giving it away for free,but cmon,if your gonna add this stuff,at least make it somewhat reachable.i have the creds to buy most of it,but its so expensive,none of it seems worth it.
TOR...the best single player game on the market

Hyfy
05.03.2012 , 04:59 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by TOURDallas View Post
Know how you feel bro. I have the credits to unlock the ship GTN, but haven't completed chapter 1 yet.
How in gods name did you manage to do that?
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

tloops
05.03.2012 , 05:20 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
How in gods name did you manage to do that?
he didnt,there is no way possible unless he was doing the credit glitch,in which case,bioware should look into his account and take appropriate actions. there is no way he could have 5 million creds before end of act 1 without cheating.
TOR...the best single player game on the market

CrunkShizzle
05.03.2012 , 05:23 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Skodan View Post
add up all the money you have earned in the past 4 months of playing. the game has been out for a little more than 1/3 of a year.

you arent supposed to be able to afford everything within a few months of release. these are achievements that should take more than a year to unlock.

people forget that mmos are designed to be played over years not months
except that i doubt swtor will in the shape of being a mmo worth playing years from now

my guess,free to play crapfest in 6 months.but hey,i blame the community more then i blame bioware

Arodin
05.03.2012 , 05:26 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Gokkus View Post
The legacy prices are not insanely high. The point of legacy is to have something to work towards after level 50. If everything was easily obtainable then the whole point of the legacy system would be gone. I dont understand that people dont get this. Almost all the legacy stuff you have to pay for is not necessary to play the game in its entirety, they are just bonusses.
For me it is going to take quite a while to get all the legacy features which is how I want it to be and is......as it should be.
I understand the appeal of having something in the game to work toward, but it's only a good system if the "work" you have to do is enjoyable and fun. This was going to be a great system for SWTOR when it was about Legacy level and not purely about credits. Somewhere along the way they completely abandoned the whole concept of a Legacy level (you can just hide the Legacy bar on your UI, because it's 100% meaningless) and went full-bore money sink bananas. If all of these unlocks could be achieved by obtaining a high enough Legacy level, then you could "work" toward these goals by doing something fun -- playing through all of the different class stories (that "4th Pillar" Bioware promoted so hard leading up to the game's release). Now, however, you can't unlock anything that way. You have to stay away from any story content and just stick to your level 50 character, repeating the same old daily quests literally thousands and thousands of times in order to earn enough credits for the Legacy unlocks.

It's amazing to me that Bioware spent so much time promoting the "4th Pillar" in SWTOR, and since the game was released they seem to be doing everything in their power to push players away from story content as much as they can.

Riogha
05.03.2012 , 05:28 PM | #108
Theres nothing of any interest in the legacy shop, i'm legacy 43 with 3 L50s, still nothing worth buying.

It's a gimmick for the carebears.

Skyzen
05.03.2012 , 05:32 PM | #109
I am legacy level 47 and the only perk I found worth buying was the ship mailbox. I don't think the cost of the mailbox is really worth it, but having a mailbox on the ship is a nice to have. As far as I can see, that is the only overpriced legacy perk I will be buying.

I honestly thought my higher legacy level would provide some kind of offset to the prices, but I guess not.

No fun.
Love your enemies.

Gokkus
05.04.2012 , 02:35 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Arodin View Post
I understand the appeal of having something in the game to work toward, but it's only a good system if the "work" you have to do is enjoyable and fun. This was going to be a great system for SWTOR when it was about Legacy level and not purely about credits. Somewhere along the way they completely abandoned the whole concept of a Legacy level (you can just hide the Legacy bar on your UI, because it's 100% meaningless) and went full-bore money sink bananas. If all of these unlocks could be achieved by obtaining a high enough Legacy level, then you could "work" toward these goals by doing something fun -- playing through all of the different class stories (that "4th Pillar" Bioware promoted so hard leading up to the game's release). Now, however, you can't unlock anything that way. You have to stay away from any story content and just stick to your level 50 character, repeating the same old daily quests literally thousands and thousands of times in order to earn enough credits for the Legacy unlocks.

It's amazing to me that Bioware spent so much time promoting the "4th Pillar" in SWTOR, and since the game was released they seem to be doing everything in their power to push players away from story content as much as they can.
This I can get behind. They always stated that you could get the features by either paying or achievement. Much like you unlock some features by social points or LS/DS now. Give people the choice of doing dailies or alts, so to speak.
Jolee: I did it all for the Wookiees.
Revan: The Wookiees?
Jolee: The Wookiees!