Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware... STOP NERFING!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Bioware... STOP NERFING!

MnniBeast
05.02.2012 , 07:27 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by pipda View Post
What really irk'd me about BW...they started swinging a nerf hammer around before they ever even had the bugs worked out of the talent trees.
Nailed it, BW needs to quit touching the gameplay and start polishing the game. People need to realize that all classes need to shine in some aspect of the field, whether it is healing, burst, or sustained DPS. But when my burst is equal to a sentinel's sustained DPS... the game is messed up.

SolHalcon
05.02.2012 , 10:18 AM | #12
When the nerfing starts, it's based on the PVP forum whining. You know...."Nerf that which has bested me". I've never seen a thread where someone is saying, "I need my class nerfed, cuz I'm plowing through content too fast".

The nerfing never starts until enough people get into the end game content PVP. Then,they have to go against other players, who are crafty, and have learned rotation etc..., the nerf whining starts. The win buttons they used in PVE leveling suddenly don't work when the other toon has a player behind it, with a brain, and is figuring out his/her class abilities.

However, what happens is, the PVE side gets hit the hardest, especially for those who are still coming up the leveling lines. THE NPC'S DON'T TAKE THE NERF!! They stay the same. Soon enough, some classes won't be able to do their own class content without help. And we're not talking heroics ether. Just regular class content that was initially made to be soloed.

I've seen this through out the years in game after game. If Bioware doesn't stop now, they will have the game so far out of balance, it won't be able to be recovered. What we'll have left, is one more completely un-balanced MMO on the internet. It will come down to the weekly nerf, and flavor of the month playing, as the Devs scramble to get some semblance of balance back. Balance, which will most likely never exist again on the PVE side off the game. Flavor of the month gets a nerfing, something else unintentionally steps in as the new flavor, it gets nerfed into oblivion, and so on and so on. The endless cycle of nerfs. Mean while, the PVE content that they spent a king's ransom on, is rendered to an unplayable mess.

So yes, Bioware, You really need to stop the nerfing now before it gets so far out of hand that the game falls into a flavor of the month cycle
If you return from a mission, with a kill on your record, .
but without your wingman...
You Have Lost The Battle

MSPSith
05.02.2012 , 10:51 AM | #13
I agree with the above post whole heartily. I love this game and I would hate to see it fall into complete chaos and just destroys itself. It's a scary thought. I also agree that the only reason they are nerfing the classes is because people are crying about how they suck at PvP. I am very much a PvE player. I love raids, I love leveling, I love the story line in this game. That was the main draw of the game for me. I couldn't care less about the PvP. But once I got to lvl 50 I decided to try it. get myself some gear I could use in HMs and also get a new style for my BH. I didn't think the armor was that bad looking.

Now when I first entered the PvP arena I got stomped, it was brutal. But I laughed and decided that I couldn't play the PvP arena the same way I play the PvE arena....WAIT WHAT!!!? OMG NO WAY!!! That seems like such a simple concept to grasp and for some reason that concept seems to be the reason players are getting nerfed. I guess real players don't just stand there and take hits like the NPCs do. So naturally I just changed up my playing style and started to see a bit of improvement. I wasn't awesome, but as a dps arsenal merc my job was to cause havoc and be a pain in the *** on the battlefield, not to go charging in 1v1 and take out massive groups of guys....that was the assassins and tanks job.

Now that I go back to the PvE arena and do Black Hole quests and other random HMs that I do with friends, it's a nightmare. My dps blows! I can't even do my original play style anymore because quite frankly it doesn't work. All can do is cross my fingers and start hitting the enemy with everything I have and hope I make some sort of dent. BW just needs to remember that it's not all about the PvP and that people will always cry about their toon getting stomped. It all comes down to finding your niche, and playing it to the best of your ability, just like it was said in the above post.. That's what makes MMOs like this fun.

wainot-keel
05.02.2012 , 11:54 AM | #14
What I don't understand is why they didn't do 2 independant skill trees. One for PvE, another for PvP. If they want to screw up one class, they won't do a global screw up. PvPers could QQ all they want and no one would care.

MnniBeast
05.02.2012 , 04:07 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
What I don't understand is why they didn't do 2 independant skill trees. One for PvE, another for PvP. If they want to screw up one class, they won't do a global screw up. PvPers could QQ all they want and no one would care.
It would be too confusing, if BW wanted to make changes, they should also try tinkering with the endgame PvP gear like Battlemaster and now War Hero. And like the people said above, class quests might now become impossible because of BW's lack of foresight, is there any way to directly tell them this?

Bobinstein
05.02.2012 , 08:09 PM | #16
every class needs to be nerfed. except sorcerers. buff the crap out of sorcerers.
a word of advise. collect all the stamps you can, if you control the post no one can send you threatening letters.

ekimmak
05.02.2012 , 09:31 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by MnniBeast View Post
Jedi Sentinel/Marauder: This class has an ungodly amount of DPS for a non-burst class, don't nerf please because you will ruin the fun for even more players and probably get more people to quit. And no I'm not being sarcastic. And seriously, donít touch this class (and no I do not have a sentinel, you can check my file).
Oh, they shouldn't leave this class alone. I am a sentinel, mostly solo, and can tell that there is something deeply wrong with this class where balance is concerned. PVE, it's lackluster. Soloing, it's a great test of patience. PVP, low levels are a joke, high levels with good players are game breaking. What I don't want to see is the same blanket nerfing every other class has gotten, which will make sentinels the worst class, bar none. It needs a careful adjustment to make it not so dominating in PVP, while keeping PVE viable and making levelling it less stressful. Really, I think the problem is that there are so few abilities other classes get that can counter the Sentinel's utilities and cooldowns.

I've played every class (or at least their mirror) except Assasin/Shadow, so I do understand that Mercenaries need to get fixed badly. An interrupt alone would be very nice, do you know how many of their CLASS quests require interrupts? The things they should be able to solo, but can't?
Best way to end Smuggler Act 1 is
Spoiler

You can't make up stuff like that.

Sabredance
05.03.2012 , 02:27 AM | #18
Nerfing/Buffing is a necessary tuning process.

Lets call it adjustment.That sounds better.

MnniBeast
05.03.2012 , 05:59 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Sabredance View Post
Nerfing/Buffing is a necessary tuning process.

Lets call it adjustment.That sounds better.
This sounds like its coming from either a sentinel, or a DPS sorc... so i'll put this into plain words:

If you played a Merc BH and now your attacks do the damage of a nerf gun (talking about tracer) and you're "big hitter" is broken (yes there is proof) then you will be pissed because now you're a worthless build.

If you play a Jedi Shadow and you're burst now is just as good as a sentinel's DPS then you're going to be pissed because you're burst is now worthless, why play a class that might be able to kill somebody with a burst of 15-20 seconds when you play a class that's base DPS equals that?

Realize the game is not becoming as fun anymore because classes are losing their edge, while two classes stay ontop because of rants not backed up by facts.

Iphitos
05.03.2012 , 08:43 AM | #20
It has no use to make a 'experienced pvp player panel' at this point. The major and only problem Bioware has at the moment is the fact there is no high end pvp in this game. All decent players are stuck on low populated servers with imho 99% bad players.

Bioware has no real tool to see how the current state of pvp is at this point. Rated WZ (Xserver) is therefor the most important thing they should implement ASAP. Only then can Bioware see how the current state of PVP really is at this point. Cause honestly, when i read the OP's post about the classes it makes me laugh. Cause his arguments would not fit the current state of PVP on my server AT ALL. (Starstorm One)

And that is exactly the point i want to adress. People have no clue what is out there pvp wise, there are some very skilled players spread over all these servers but they have no competition. Which leads to all the baddies being steamrolled and demanding nerfs for their opponents or buffs for theirselves.

Conclusion: Bioware will remain lost pvp-wise untill Xserver Rated WZ hits. Only then we can all judge about the current state of all the classes in this game.