Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Marauder/Sentinel + Gunslinger/Sniper best sustained DPS right now - DPSMeter

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Marauder/Sentinel + Gunslinger/Sniper best sustained DPS right now - DPSMeter

Trephination's Avatar


Trephination
05.02.2012 , 06:59 AM | #21
DPS Meter looks like a promising site. I've only spent a few minutes playing with it so far, but I had one concern.

It doesn't seem to be distinguishing between failed attempts and successful kills when sorting by DPS. This makes almost all the quoted numbers highly misleading, if I'm not mistaken. The amount of DPS one can do in a failed 30 second pull is usually very different from the DPS of the entire encounter. This also varies greatly by class, as certain specs are far better at burst than they are sustained. For proper comparison here, rankings would have to only count successful kills.

I'm sure you're still working on polishing up the site - just something to keep in mind.
Teacher / Blackadder | Bastion

Niil's Avatar


Niil
05.02.2012 , 11:54 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Moosestick View Post
Frankly, that's impossible for a mmo unless you only want one class. Since mara/snipers give up heal/tank perks, they are compensated with damage.
Any mmo that has a class system that's the goal. It's is impossible, mostly because balance is a subjective assessment, because scaling changes, because fight conditions change and the particular nuances of a fight are going to favor one class over others inherently. That doesn't mean they intentionally screw most of the classes they design by giving one or two classes an auto win in the pvp/pve department by giving them extra damage. Terrible design.

beardchef's Avatar


beardchef
05.02.2012 , 12:29 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Trephination View Post
DPS Meter looks like a promising site. I've only spent a few minutes playing with it so far, but I had one concern.

It doesn't seem to be distinguishing between failed attempts and successful kills when sorting by DPS. This makes almost all the quoted numbers highly misleading, if I'm not mistaken. The amount of DPS one can do in a failed 30 second pull is usually very different from the DPS of the entire encounter. This also varies greatly by class, as certain specs are far better at burst than they are sustained. For proper comparison here, rankings would have to only count successful kills.

I'm sure you're still working on polishing up the site - just something to keep in mind.
Right now we adopted the worldoflogs standard of 2 minutes length required in any fight to be submitted for rankings. We would like to do boss-death-only rankings, but this is difficult because Bioware only logs death events in the log of the player that got the final killing blow. Right now, most logs are solo uploaders and very rarely have a death event. We will keep trying to lobby Bioware.

Oh, and TY for the positive words. What you see now is just a fraction of what we have planned. We want to be the best Log tool out there.
Darth Freddie Mercury
Co-founder of dpsmeter.com
SWTOR GM of <Tenacity> | Port Nowhere - Empire
www.tenacity-swtor.com

beardchef's Avatar


beardchef
05.02.2012 , 12:34 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Tumri View Post
No offense but nobody uses DPSMeter.com at all right now. The logs that do get uploaded are likely just random test logs like the one I uploaded the other day to see what kind of output you guys have. Your site has a lot of potential but the mass majority of top guilds have never heard of it yet. Merc DPS is heavily dependent on Crit and since the mass majority of players don't remod gear to min/max your results will be skewed. Annihilation Maras, Sniper, and Sorcs don't have an extreme reliance on one specific stat so they will parse much higher with default modded gear. Merc heat management is tied entirely to crit and they scale extremely well with the stat and extremely poorly without it. Our top Merc is lightyears ahead of most mercs on our server and even most mercs in other top guilds because he min/maxes his gear perfectly. It's night and day between a merc that gears correctly and one that doesn't.
Hi Tumri,

There is no harm in uploading your merc's log to prove your point. As far as top guilds not using our site, I would have to disagree with you. Methodical has uploaded 15 raids. Millenium has 4 raids. Even among the top guilds that are using dpsmeter.com, I see similar patterns.
Darth Freddie Mercury
Co-founder of dpsmeter.com
SWTOR GM of <Tenacity> | Port Nowhere - Empire
www.tenacity-swtor.com

xenofire's Avatar


xenofire
05.02.2012 , 02:15 PM | #25
I'm going to have to agree with Tumri.

I've broken 2k DPS on multiple fights in KP as a sorc dps, and I usually do over 1400 and up to 1600 on all the fights in EC. Looking over the results submitted, I can't buy that many good guilds are doing this.

You should work on an interface tool, so we can give you a raid key from MOX and you can import the logs that way. I don't want to force my raiders to upload all of their logs manually. If you did that, I'd have no problem submitting my raid key nightly.
Guildmaster of The Remnant on The Harbinger
#4 World | #2 US | EC16 HM

Beretta's Avatar


Beretta
05.04.2012 , 09:59 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Tumri View Post
No offense but nobody uses DPSMeter.com at all right now. The logs that do get uploaded are likely just random test logs like the one I uploaded the other day to see what kind of output you guys have. Your site has a lot of potential but the mass majority of top guilds have never heard of it yet. Merc DPS is heavily dependent on Crit and since the mass majority of players don't remod gear to min/max your results will be skewed. Annihilation Maras, Sniper, and Sorcs don't have an extreme reliance on one specific stat so they will parse much higher with default modded gear. Merc heat management is tied entirely to crit and they scale extremely well with the stat and extremely poorly without it. Our top Merc is lightyears ahead of most mercs on our server and even most mercs in other top guilds because he min/maxes his gear perfectly. It's night and day between a merc that gears correctly and one that doesn't.
what is this Merc's crit chance at if you dont mind me asking?

Skullbash's Avatar


Skullbash
05.05.2012 , 05:24 AM | #27
Interesting to see Juggernaut/Guardian so high up, guess they're not as bad as everyone seems to think.

Tumri's Avatar


Tumri
05.06.2012 , 10:46 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
what is this Merc's crit chance at if you dont mind me asking?
The last time I saw his gear I noticed gets close to 40% crit when fully buffed which means his TM crits 55% of the time with the 2pc set bonus. He then goes into stacking power. I'm not sure exactly how much alacrity he has. His Aim is over 2100 fully buffed though.
Wrath
Pre-Launch Hardcore Guild that has moved on to better games.
www.wrathnation.com

Darth-Malice's Avatar


Darth-Malice
05.06.2012 , 04:16 PM | #29
Wow the advanced classes that can do nothing but DPS are the best at DPS? Who knew?!
||||||||███████████████████████████████)

Arzoo's Avatar


Arzoo
05.07.2012 , 02:06 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Malice View Post
Wow the advanced classes that can do nothing but DPS are the best at DPS? Who knew?!
That's not how balance works.