Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Marauder/Sentinel + Gunslinger/Sniper best sustained DPS right now - DPSMeter

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Marauder/Sentinel + Gunslinger/Sniper best sustained DPS right now - DPSMeter

beardchef
05.01.2012 , 01:38 PM | #1
--
Marauder/Sentinel is the PvE DPS champ right now. Put 4 in a group, and get ready for Bloodthirst/Inspiration to hit a home run (when a guild does this, we'll see the first 2k DPS being surpassed on non-Heavy Fabricator fights).

Gunslinger/Sniper are very competitive post-buff.

Sorcs/Sage rule in fights with a lot of target switching, pausing, and movement like Colonel Vog and Jarg + Sorno

Mercs/Commandos are a distant last. 15-20% worse (on average). Their DPS histogram curve follows the other classes hard, and most likely need a buff.

Other classes have less data so the results are less accurate, but you can see the spoiler for two example bosses raw summary. These are summary statistics and don't describe the whole story.

Spoiler

---

This is based on 1500+ logs that have been uploaded since dpsmeter.com was launched 6 days ago and on our rankings data.

We are working on a blog to present visualizations of the summary data, but it might take some time to get up because we're prioritizing log parsing features.

Bioware, any plans for Merc/Commando tweaking?
Darth Freddie Mercury
Co-founder of dpsmeter.com
SWTOR GM of <Tenacity> | Port Nowhere - Empire
www.tenacity-swtor.com

Thegriss
05.01.2012 , 01:49 PM | #2
[QUOTE=beardchef;4217413]--
[COLOR="White"]Marauder/Sentinel is the PvE DPS champ right now. Put 4 in a group, and get ready for Bloodthirst/Inspiration to hit a home run (when a guild does this, we'll see the first 2k DPS being surpassed on non-Heavy Fabricator fights).

They are now the kings of pvp also. Amazing how few I saw in pvp pre 1.2 but now the FOTM players are leveling them like mad. Hard to find a sub 50 pvp match that doesnt have 3+ on each side on our server.

Cerion
05.01.2012 , 02:16 PM | #3
Good news is I started an alt Marauder before it was fotm..and I'll still play him when he's no longer fotm.
Good will always triumph because Evil is lazy.

Willhousefour
05.01.2012 , 02:43 PM | #4
I don't disbelieve you, but I'd also like to see your data presented more clearly. The webpage you linked seems to list individual top performers and not aggregate. Additionally, you did not mention spec - it is reasonable to assume that many commando/merc's may be healing spec and not trying to dps, whereas sentinals/gunslingers only have DPS specs and the aggregate would not be held back by healing/tank spec. Does your parser intelligently account for this? Finally you omitted: juggernaut, assassins, powertechs, and operatives (empire side). How'd they do?

ShiningKnights
05.01.2012 , 02:47 PM | #5
We finished 8 man HM EC and have it on farm. At this point, we don't allow anyone but Jedi Sentinels for DPS. Their DPS is too good. Even in the hands of an amateur player in half Rakata, Sentinel DPS is way too good (4 inspirations LOL), and with the class buffs, we don't have to worry about mixing and matching classes. Our makeup:

2x Jedi Shadow (tank)
2x Jedi Sage (heals)
4x Jedi Sentinels DPS

Zorn and Toth were a little tricky, but if you're careful, you can prevent a lot of damage.

Ratajack
05.01.2012 , 02:51 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ShiningKnights View Post
We finished 8 man HM EC and have it on farm. At this point, we don't allow anyone but Jedi Sentinels for DPS. Their DPS is too good. Even in the hands of an amateur player in half Rakata, Sentinel DPS is way too good (4 inspirations LOL), and with the class buffs, we don't have to worry about mixing and matching classes. Our makeup:

2x Jedi Shadow (tank)
2x Jedi Sage (heals)
4x Jedi Sentinels DPS

Zorn and Toth were a little tricky, but if you're careful, you can prevent a lot of damage.
And so the "you must be x class, in y gear or you don't get to go" attitudes begin.

brentonj
05.01.2012 , 02:56 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
And so the "you must be x class, in y gear or you don't get to go" attitudes begin.
Or just don't take bad players?

If you're insecure about your playstyyle or performance - you shouldn't be raiding in a legitimate guild in the first place.
Ability Delay
"Busy adults who desire high level progression & expect high performance results"

SajmanPeetee
05.01.2012 , 03:04 PM | #8
Marauder/Sentinel and Gunslinger/Sniper should be the kings of single target DPS. Both mirrors are far more immobile than their other DPS counterparts.

I agree that Mercs do need a buff, but it should not be up to level of Sniper or Marauder.

-Kraxis-
05.01.2012 , 03:07 PM | #9
I've seen the same thing in my Guilds ops and DPS meters...

I am fine with Marauders and Snipers being "top dps".. but Mercs need to be at the 90-95% mark of Mara's and Snipers.. and right now they definitely aren't.

Funny thing is.. Mercs used to be Top DPS, now they are bottom! Thanks for all the Nerfs, Bioware!

beardchef
05.01.2012 , 03:33 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Willhousefour View Post
I don't disbelieve you, but I'd also like to see your data presented more clearly. The webpage you linked seems to list individual top performers and not aggregate. Additionally, you did not mention spec - it is reasonable to assume that many commando/merc's may be healing spec and not trying to dps, whereas sentinals/gunslingers only have DPS specs and the aggregate would not be held back by healing/tank spec. Does your parser intelligently account for this? Finally you omitted: juggernaut, assassins, powertechs, and operatives (empire side). How'd they do?
Hi Willhouse.

Our rankings data does factor in class in our database tables, but we have not added the talent specs to the rankings page yet -- however, you see them everywhere else on the site.

As far as presentation concerns, please keep in mind the dimensionality of the data set is very large. It is difficult to present succinctly. As I mentioned, I will be putting up a blog post on the site that will allow you to drill down on the summarized data more effectively using some of our charting tools. I am even thinking of creating a page that has the full summary data updating every 24 hours, with histograms for each time bucket.

In the meantime, I can provide you with some details -- on the data set I performed the analysis on, I factored in the following:

class, talent spec, encounter, DPS distribution. On sample sizes that were large enough for these buckets, I can take a population standard deviation, mean and also a median.

I do have data for the other classes, but they are not played/uploaded as much, but on the limited data set I do have, I will edit the OP and add in some info.
Darth Freddie Mercury
Co-founder of dpsmeter.com
SWTOR GM of <Tenacity> | Port Nowhere - Empire
www.tenacity-swtor.com