Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Too many heroics = slow progression

Distilde
12.19.2011 , 04:54 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by xxdofxx View Post
I would love to see a separate chat 'level' for LFG. That way 1) I wouldn't have to constantly see "LFGXXXLFGXXXLFGXXX" spamming every other chat line in the general box. and 2) it would be extremely easy to type "/LFG tank" (or healer,dps, etc.)

Just a thought...
This is a very good idea! I would like that as well.

Glancil
12.19.2011 , 05:14 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by xxdofxx View Post
I would love to see a separate chat 'level' for LFG. That way 1) I wouldn't have to constantly see "LFGXXXLFGXXXLFGXXX" spamming every other chat line in the general box. and 2) it would be extremely easy to type "/LFG tank" (or healer,dps, etc.)

Just a thought...
You can already do that by changing the chat settings.

Galteos
12.19.2011 , 05:17 AM | #43
i don't see a problem with skipping heroics, EXP in this game is easy enough to get through just solo questing, space missions, or pvp, just treat heroics as an extra; if you can't get a group for them it's no big deal, skip it and move on.

Indica
12.19.2011 , 05:30 AM | #44
Quote:
This is also not useful, since many players will elect to ignore other players, other than buffing them for courtesy sake and helping them out in a pinch (if the player is about to die) if they are able to. I do both the former and the latter all the time, but I rarely ever invite other players for Heroic 2 or 2+ zones, since thats what my companion is for.
I noticed that as well. When I go through an area I keep my eyes open and help when someone gets stage agro or is about to drop. I also hand out my Smuggler buff but rarely receive a buff.

But this is how our world works and society accepts this kind of behavior so it is reflected in MMOs as well, ME FIRST!

As far as the Heroics go. I just accept them and keep an eye open for any "LFGs" while continuing my other quests. Sometimes I get into a group right away and other times I get side tracked by other quests. Overall I am having fun .... once I make it through the queue and into the game

Benk
12.19.2011 , 05:31 AM | #45
Not sure what the problem is. Every zone I've been questing in on both my BH and Consular always have people LFG for heroics. I've never had one problem getting a group for heroics, EVER.

Zerfalll
12.19.2011 , 06:18 AM | #46
They're the only interesting quests. The story and all that is fine in most filler-quests, but the actual doing of them is "kill 50 weak mobs" = zzz. But then you get a heroic and you actually get to fight and use your abilities, I like it. Like.. What was it.. Friends of Old? Something like that in western Kaas City classified as Heroic 4 quest was really fun to solo. I had to do some major LOSing and kiting to beat the boss and had fun with it.

I suppose, though, if your AC can't deal with elites/champions/bosses, it would be really boring..

parnell
12.19.2011 , 07:24 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by WedgeyZero View Post
First of all - you're not forced to do those quests. You're free to skip every single one of them that you want to.

Second of all - if you're spending all your time "LFG", then you're doing it wrong. Keep questing until you find people, then gather and knock it out.
Concise and Correct, and slightly 'Trolly' tone to it.
Tank Time!

lanozid
12.23.2011 , 07:38 PM | #48
I too think the number of Heroics is annoyingly high and the way they are implemented is very old fashioned.

I think it would be a lot more fun if Heroics would be handled like public quests, optionally autogrouping all people in a certain proximity. One of the few things which really worked great in Rift.

Sure you can skip the quests but you never know if you miss out on an interesting bit of story and being a story-driven game every content should be available to all players. Just imagine what happens when the large mass of players will have gone through the content and play in endgame; it will be very hard if not almost impossible to do the Heroics in an acceptable time frame.

Hi_Im_A_Sith
12.23.2011 , 07:43 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Zerfalll View Post
They're the only interesting quests. The story and all that is fine in most filler-quests, but the actual doing of them is "kill 50 weak mobs" = zzz. But then you get a heroic and you actually get to fight and use your abilities, I like it. Like.. What was it.. Friends of Old? Something like that in western Kaas City classified as Heroic 4 quest was really fun to solo. I had to do some major LOSing and kiting to beat the boss and had fun with it.

I suppose, though, if your AC can't deal with elites/champions/bosses, it would be really boring..
So far, that was the only heroic to give me any serious trouble. The lack of healers and the overflow of DPSers on my server made getting a good group for it make me go crazy

lol

Grazzt
12.24.2011 , 05:38 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Zerfalll View Post
But then you get a heroic and you actually get to fight and use your abilities, I like it. Like.. What was it.. Friends of Old? Something like that in western Kaas City classified as Heroic 4 quest was really fun to solo.
Yeah i just did that quest a couple of days ago and it was great indeed, i did it with some people that were LFG and wanted to do it too and it was a lot of fun !!

And actually, most of the fun came from playing with other people, not to solo the Quest, in my opinion that's what makes a MMO a MMO...
There are a lot if individual instances in SWTOR (nicely called "Story Area", i really like this term over "instance"), so i try to play with other people as much as i can to get this MMO feeling
Besides, the group conversation thing is really fun too, cant wait to do that again !!

Only thing is, and this is true for most Heroic Quests i've done so far, i think the rewards for these quests are a bit lame, dont you agree ?
At the end of "Friends of Old", the reward i had to select was a Dromund Kaas Comendation, or a Vest that was lower-level than the one i already had from a previous solo Quest...

I'm not really complaining, cos like i said the fun was playing with other people, but dont you think the rewards for these Heroic Quests should be ... i dont know, "Heroic" ?
Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side ...