Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Too many heroics = slow progression

Darth_Rahlik
12.17.2011 , 11:46 PM | #21
No nerfs, no nerfs!
// Anders @ Gothenburg
Please let me map and ctrl+a - Please give us dual spec!
SW:ToR is the best MMO ever and the first that can be played Solo.
For heaven sake! SWTOR native on Mac!!!!

Farrokhan
12.17.2011 , 11:53 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ankido View Post
I'm never rude and constantly ask in general every 2 minutes about flash points and heroics. Unfortunately, I haven't found anyone that wants to do them. If you put something in the game and call it a quest, I don't look at it as optional..
If you think anything in the game isn't optional, an you're compelled to do it, either seek professional help, or don't look into the eyes of the next jedi you see.

I don't believe there is a server out there where noone wants to do anything like flashpoints or heroic quests. You need to get outside of this bubble you've created for yourself. I think the issue must be how you communicate, because i guarantee there are heroic quests and flashpoints going on, on your server.

In rift you had to in many cases group up to do the bonus waves and final waves of rifts, but you were ok with that. The only difference (apart from the "dynamic event" system) was that you didnt have to go to any effort to make a group. You just had to be in the same area, no communication required. It's completely antisocial.

I think you should adjust your mind set to the game you play, in SWTOR, you're encouraged to group up and communicate, an this will be difficult for some people.

raelimar
12.17.2011 , 11:59 PM | #23
First of all, the group content is completely optional.

Second...not all classes are created equal. Yes, heal-specced healers are much better at soloing elite+ mobs than other ACs/specs...but they're also much slower at burning through packs of trash mobs. It balances out.
KRAETHOS
Operative - Requiem

Raxwars
12.18.2011 , 12:02 AM | #24
i really don't mind them, you're not obliged to do everything you see.

If i do wanna do them, i normally get a group quite fast. Don't think there's really an issue here, unless you would like to Solo Everything, and i don't think that's rational or plausible.

Ankido
12.18.2011 , 01:36 AM | #25
There were times early on during leveling I had to solo an elite boss or champion in a heroic and it was one of those close calls. I was two levels higher than them. It was a great challenge and I loved it. I sure would hope it was like that at higher levels but it's not. Look, we all know the social part of this game is out the window. There are far too many kids that play MMORPG's and they ruin our experience. In World of Warcraft, I would get "your mother is a ******" for asking LFG. That's the type of community we deal with in MMORPG's as of late. Socializing in these types of games is done. I'm a long time gamer from the early 90's and I've seen communities get thrown away because of it.

To sit around and be ignored or nobody wants to socialize and come to a medium on doing group quests, then what is the point? Oh yea, get guildies to help? Shouldn't get to that point if you ask me. I've met a lot of nice people and made good friends by asking for help. Again, those days are over now.
No Sith, no Emperor, can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever.
There is no greater power in the galaxy than the Jedi Counsil.
Against that power, the Sith cannot stand.
<[Ankido]> - Jedi Guardian

BeasturR
12.18.2011 , 02:59 AM | #26
It's an MMO?

senkaxx
12.18.2011 , 03:02 AM | #27
I personally am pretty much ignoring the heroic quests at the moment and I will be waiting until I (and others) will be more experienced in this game; at this moment I'm just all about enjoying the main storyline and all the other amazing things about this game. What would be left for me for later period when I discover all the wonderful features of the game before it's even lauched
I don't know why people use such big words sometimes. On the other hand, why be a wise-a*s when you can be a sagacious rectum.

Life is the enemy. Death is our solace.

misieek
12.18.2011 , 03:10 AM | #28
If u can't find good gear in quests or ppl to do heroic or flashponits try to level up the crew skills use reverse engineering and craft blue gear or even purple one
sith marauder - annihilation tree

Crazyeyexl
12.18.2011 , 03:22 AM | #29
I was just thinking this. Way too many heroic areas. They are not hard, they just need groups and that really defeats the purpose to go back and do them when they no longer benefit you. I can't imagine running an alt in a year when things have normalized.

SithZigg
12.18.2011 , 10:30 AM | #30
Personally, I like all of these Heroics for low levels. The sooner they start playing together, the better prepared they will be for working cooperatively in Operations. People always complain about how players are never prepared for Endgame, well Heroics help players prepare for Flashpoints, and Flashpoints help players prepare for Operations. That is how I see it anyway.
I'm a Sith Enchantress, I do evil Sith dances! And when you look into my eyes, I'll put you in trances! And you know what I'll do? I will make a Sith brew! And finish you off with force lighting too! Soooooooooooo, watch out!