Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Proof that Tracer Missile and Heat Seekers are broken

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Bounty Hunter
Proof that Tracer Missile and Heat Seekers are broken
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dacer's Avatar


Dacer
05.02.2012 , 04:47 PM | #31
Thats an awesome dev response.

The OP got told.

just goes to show that there are a lot of things ppl think is wrong when really they just don't understand how it works.

StaticJoe's Avatar


StaticJoe
05.02.2012 , 04:50 PM | #32
Quote:
I hope this clears things up for you guys. To the best of my knowledge, these abilities are still working as intended.

Like I said, they don't play the game so they have absolutely no clue whatsoever as to what is really happening within the game...no mention of the non-functioning signature for HSM...but "these abilities are still working as intended"...the white mouse will NOT explode...
I swear on my medical license! The real one!

--Doctor Ryamn

xenofire's Avatar


xenofire
05.02.2012 , 06:11 PM | #33
Thanks Austin, that's a great post, and it's pretty much inline with what the TC'ers have estimated.

Aside from that... There are so many "great" responses to this thread. The best of which is this.
Quote: Originally Posted by solidkjames View Post
All that aside, the most frustrating part of all of this is you balanced all of the Hardmode content on pre 1.2.0c damage and seeing how Mercs were hit with a nerf bigger than any class thus far, yes even the Operatives who still top the damage meters, it is apparent that you guys need to look at the fights as a whole again.
Operatives are topping your DPS meters. I'm not even sure what to say. Although the next guy summed it up pretty well, until he said..
Quote: Originally Posted by Galinbb View Post
Then I thought about it - although BH/C is still the best ranged (and close to overall when melee mechanics are factored) DPS in the game, giving them an interrupt would make facerolling operations easier.
Sorry bro, BH/C are not the best ranged DPS. Our marauders are amazing, but our sorcs win almost every fight in damage because every fight just plays to their strengths. (Not that sorcs are overpowered, sorc single target DPS still isn't great.) Mercs are still pretty good damage, I've seen other threads where mercs just rock the meters, but I'm not seeing any mercs break 2k DPS without the double damage assistance of the facilitator droid.

Mercs could probably use a tiny bit of tweaking if we require all things to be equal, but to be honest that's just really boring and I think everything should stay as it is, and we should let it play out. Mercs will get better with more gear, and will scale pretty well. Mercs bring arguably the best buff in the game too with armor debuff. Mercs are definitely not going to lose their spots since they can bring that debuff, so I don't think they need to be top DPS either.

Keep posting guys, I'm having a jolly good time.
Guildmaster of The Remnant on The Harbinger
#4 World | #2 US | EC16 HM

Niomo's Avatar


Niomo
05.02.2012 , 06:30 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by APeckenpaugh View Post
Hi Phasewalker. I wanted to drop in to tell you that these abilities aren't broken. Considering your small sample size, your numbers are actually quite accurate.
...SNIP..
And this is why people need to stop QQing that they think they know everything and let the devs get back to work fixing what is actually broken.
TOR Early Start Day 1, Invite Wave 1
TOR Galactic Starfighter Beta, Wave 2
REGULATORS

cheyenneorion's Avatar


cheyenneorion
05.02.2012 , 06:51 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by xenofire View Post
Mercs bring arguably the best buff in the game too with armor debuff. Mercs are definitely not going to lose their spots since they can bring that debuff, so I don't think they need to be top DPS either.

Keep posting guys, I'm having a jolly good time.
this made me lol your saying that we will still have a spot due to haveing best buff in game well that went out the window with 1.2 as well cause now everyone who took the time to level one past chapter 2 can give our buff now. only thing we offer is the debuff which isn't enough to keep our spot secure when can replace us with higher dps and get same or better results

StaticJoe's Avatar


StaticJoe
05.02.2012 , 06:53 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Niomo View Post
And this is why people need to stop QQing that they think they know everything and let the devs get back to work fixing what is actually broken.
Quote:
Mercs bring arguably the best buff in the game too with armor debuff

You mean, the broken armor debuff...?? The one Snipers have which is instantaneous--meaning you don't have to spam TM 5X for it to (theoretically) stack--and lasts 3X longer than ours does...is that the armor debuff you're referring to...??
I swear on my medical license! The real one!

--Doctor Ryamn

xenofire's Avatar


xenofire
05.02.2012 , 06:57 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by cheyenneorion View Post
this made me lol your saying that we will still have a spot due to haveing best buff in game well that went out the window with 1.2 as well cause now everyone who took the time to level one past chapter 2 can give our buff now. only thing we offer is the debuff which isn't enough to keep our spot secure when can replace us with higher dps and get same or better results
I... don't even... what?

Quote: Originally Posted by StaticJoe View Post

You mean, the broken armor debuff...?? The one Snipers have which is instantaneous--meaning you don't have to spam TM 5X for it to (theoretically) stack--and lasts 3X longer than ours does...is that the armor debuff you're referring to...??
Yes, snipers bring it too, but snipers are more stationary and I don't want a raid full of them. Our mercs are right there with our sniper in stand-still-and-nuke situations, maybe only slightly behind.

Although now that you mention it, snipers can keep it up on two targets at the same time. So, if you know a really good sniper who wants to reroll..........
Guildmaster of The Remnant on The Harbinger
#4 World | #2 US | EC16 HM

StaticJoe's Avatar


StaticJoe
05.02.2012 , 07:11 PM | #38


Quote:
Our mercs are right there with our sniper in stand-still-and-nuke situations, maybe only slightly behind.
In my mind, an Arsenal Merc should be at or near the top of the list--a well spec'd and well geared Sniper can deal out some pretty hefty damage...but the lists people are submitting see Mercs at or near the bottom...yet this company man of a dev tries to tell us there's nothing wrong...when our damage output is reduced by a good 20% and this is on top of the HSM sig not working--which they know about yet refuse to fix for some reason--yeah, there's something wrong and even if/when they get around to fixing the HSM issue there's still the DFA radius issue AND the armor debuff issue


Quote:
Although now that you mention it, if you know a really good sniper who wants to reroll..........
I do no raiding, no WZ's, no HM's, no FP's and no PVP--I am a solo PVE'er...I do have a MM Sniper I'm grinding, he's currently on Balmorra, level 18 I think...plus at best I'm a below average player so I don't see myself being very much help...
I swear on my medical license! The real one!

--Doctor Ryamn

Galinbb's Avatar


Galinbb
05.02.2012 , 07:27 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by xenofire View Post
Thanks Austin, that's a great post, and it's pretty much inline with what the TC'ers have estimated.

Aside from that... There are so many "great" responses to this thread. The best of which is this.


Operatives are topping your DPS meters. I'm not even sure what to say. Although the next guy summed it up pretty well, until he said..


Sorry bro, BH/C are not the best ranged DPS. Our marauders are amazing, but our sorcs win almost every fight in damage because every fight just plays to their strengths. (Not that sorcs are overpowered, sorc single target DPS still isn't great.) Mercs are still pretty good damage, I've seen other threads where mercs just rock the meters, but I'm not seeing any mercs break 2k DPS without the double damage assistance of the facilitator droid.

Mercs could probably use a tiny bit of tweaking if we require all things to be equal, but to be honest that's just really boring and I think everything should stay as it is, and we should let it play out. Mercs will get better with more gear, and will scale pretty well. Mercs bring arguably the best buff in the game too with armor debuff. Mercs are definitely not going to lose their spots since they can bring that debuff, so I don't think they need to be top DPS either.

Keep posting guys, I'm having a jolly good time.
I guess YMMV, but the top two single-target PvE DPS classes from my experience are BH (ranged) and Marauder (melee). Sorcs can cheese the meters with AoE but that's not very helpful.

xenofire's Avatar


xenofire
05.02.2012 , 07:29 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Galinbb View Post
I guess YMMV, but the top two single-target PvE DPS classes from my experience are BH (ranged) and Marauder (melee). Sorcs can cheese the meters with AoE but that's not very helpful.
That's because 95% of sorcs aren't very good at this game. The other 5% though only lose to marauders, and only on fights when marauders don't have to move.
Guildmaster of The Remnant on The Harbinger
#4 World | #2 US | EC16 HM