Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Proof that Tracer Missile and Heat Seekers are broken

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Bounty Hunter
Proof that Tracer Missile and Heat Seekers are broken
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Newbrax
05.08.2012 , 10:10 AM | #111
Another patch that has failed to address an issue with this class. I'm a huge Star Wars nut and have supported this game from pre-release but honestly I just don't care anymore. It's obvious that they don't play their game much. The fact that the unload bug is STILL THERE after god knows how many people have reported it is just ridiculous (the bug that if you begin to use unload just as a person dies it will continue doing the animation indefinitely until you use more abilities). Never thought I'd say this and still don't know if I'll do it (too much time invested in my characters) but I might unsub when Diablo III drops on the 15th.
Trample the weak, hurdle the dead. Only the strong survive.

Muertepk
05.08.2012 , 10:32 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by erei View Post
They were. Now ? Not so sure.
People asked for a new ending for ME3->clarification instead, ending stay the same
People asked for more customization for end game gear in SWTOR-->you can add set bonus on orange gear, but only works on 1.2armor sets
People asked for a better animation for mortar volley (trooper)->they nerfed the range of mortar volley/death from above, and changed the animation.

If we ask for something, we have something close, or what we ask, including a nerf we didn't ask. In any case, it's not what we wanted.
bioware austin didnt make me3.
sure some people who work on game assets did work on them but two different places and games and crews.
bioware never said you would be able to mutilate everygear in game the specifically said end game new items, and further they said only can mod per slot type etc.

the animations were switched. but the "nerf" roflmao....the "nerf" is indeed too much. its nice the damage happens faster now. but the area of effect for death from above is now less than blasters. which is silly, really silly.

see a volley of missles from above, it only hits twp npcs in a group of 5 all standing in a circle, where the blaster sweep hits all 5. it i agree is broken. but see all those qq pvp burnouts that dont even play this game anymore whined so loud about BH is op nerfz nao!!!11! that bioware listened. i am fully sure half the stupid things bioware has done is due to too many false tickets and troll guilds yelling louder than the real players who actually play the whole game. same thing for healz iz op nerf nao!!!11!1

im my personal opinion, ive been paying to play a beta up until 1.2 thats how it felt to me the whole time.
now we got a real game with a few issues they are fixing every week. rushed for holiday sales? oh you bet. was the game in a playable state? sure was. thats what the suits care about... if you all think for one second that some suit gives a rats rear about how gamers enjoy a game you are delusional. the people who spent years making the game love it and want to do things right for the gamers enjoyment, the dbags in the suits are the enemy. they push push and push with no thought for us.

thats the problem with modern day gaming. suits, too much money involved, too many "investors" to answer to, unless you are a company like Valve. problem with any large company made up of other companies, each arm has its own previous way of doing things and all the umbrella company does is slap the parent company logo and provide cash flow and resources. they do nothing to further the game or gaming in general.

if you want to blame anyone for the state of the game, blame the false issue trolls and the suits who push too hard. the people who sit and create this stuff for us to buy and enjoy love/hate their creations, they already have been paid to make the game, its all recoup and profit from here on out. but the people making this game, WANT it to work perfectly for everyone.

once people mature enough to realize the truth, that its not the code-monkeys or artists or voice actors fault that crap gets shoveled out. its the suits who control the cash flow and distribution paths.

so give the devs a break eh? go find the corporate EA emails of the people who really are to blame in the gaming industry........ talk to them like you all do to the forums and in game, maybe if enough trolls spam bomb the suits they will take notice and maybe not rush out the nest AAA game in single A form or worse....

Truth, its out there if you are strong enough to face it...

Schriztopher
05.08.2012 , 03:02 PM | #113
The only thing I have really seen that has changed is our HSM. I was getting crits for 10.5k almost every other one. Now it is hitting a consistent 5.5k each time. Yeah we can't mess with marauders, but you say you can't fight a jugg because of their survivability? I've dueled with juggs and other classes several times and we end up about 50-50.
Schriztopher - lvl 50 Merc Grimm'ace - lvl 50 PT
Jujubean - lvl 50 Sorc
Working As Intended
Server- The Bastion

haxxblade
05.08.2012 , 04:52 PM | #114
yeah really no fix yet??? do they have any official statement on the state of mercs? i hate how they dont respond in the forums at all, i remember on the SWG forums and the WoW forums the devs would actually address your complaints and say something like "we are working on it" or "it is working as intended" etc...
here so far i havent seen any devs involved in the dialogue.

Reno_Tarshil
05.08.2012 , 06:31 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by haxxblade View Post
yeah really no fix yet??? do they have any official statement on the state of mercs? i hate how they dont respond in the forums at all, i remember on the SWG forums and the WoW forums the devs would actually address your complaints and say something like "we are working on it" or "it is working as intended" etc...
here so far i havent seen any devs involved in the dialogue.
If you actually read thru the thread you would have found the Dev response.

xenofire
05.08.2012 , 07:32 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
If you actually read thru the thread you would have found the Dev response.
this...
Guildmaster of The Remnant on The Harbinger
#4 World | #2 US | EC16 HM

Terrorgirl
05.09.2012 , 10:16 AM | #117
There wont be any fix to Mercenary not in the close future... is maybe because they play any other classes in game and they want easy kills on mercenary maybe that why they (fixed) or class to death... anyway i wont be here when this fixes will happen if they will ever happen..gl everyone

Annikus
05.09.2012 , 11:08 AM | #118
i see a slight loss...sometimes the HSM appears to hit right...sometimes its lower than I think it should be; however, according to parser testing in HM Denova we are still comparable to marauders. I know a lot of you don;t believe that, but I've seen it with my own eyes. We all have top line tier gear. Maybe you need the stat adjusts to be figured in. Older tier gear was heavy on accuracy. If you were a gamer you would have stripped and replaced those mods with crit/surge...I did and mayeb thats why I am not that bad off. Any of you considered hunting down all of the aim/cunning datacrons too? I am over 2k aim now and really not noticing a remarkable difference...in that, our group is able to complete HM Denova. Sorry to portray myself as a supported by the bio devil. They no doubt should look at it and rework the tooltips...which I think is where a lot of issues are coming from. The tooltip still has us badder than we actually are. Play the game because you like it...so long all you quitters; have fun on the next 10 mmo's you play. I'm sticking it out.

TheEdgeOfMadness
05.09.2012 , 06:13 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by APeckenpaugh View Post
Hi Phasewalker. I wanted to drop in to tell you that these abilities aren't broken. Considering your small sample size, your numbers are actually quite accurate.

I'll go step by step as to why that's the case, but if you're a TLDR kind of reader: operation training dummies have armor that gives them 35% kinetic and energy DR.

The tooltip says that on average you deal 1804 kinetic damage with Tracer Missile, and you found that on average, your Tracer Missile inflicts 1410 kinetic damage. You include that this is with 5 stacks of Heat Signatures and with High Velocity Gas Cylinder running.

In this test, you ignore 55% of the target's armor rating. 20% from Heat Sigs + 35% from your Cylinder.

Operations training dummies have 5814 armor rating (not visible to you), which translates through our armor formula to about 35% DR. With your setup, you cut that armor rating down by 55%, effectively turning it into 2616 armor rating. [5814 * 0.45 = 2616] 2616 armor rating translates through our armor formula to 19.5% DR.

Therefore, an average Tracer Missile would deal 1804 kinetic damage, and a target with 19.5% DR would take 1452 kinetic damage. [1804 * 0.805 = 1452] This is only 3% different than the 1410 you reported, which given your small sample size is well within expectations.

The same methodology above applies to your Heatseeker Missiles. The tooltip says they deal an average of 2194 kinetic damage. Since the target has 5 Heat Signatures, that HSM deals 2632 kinetic damage. [2194 * 1.2 = 2632] Cutting through the same 55% armor rating as before, the target still has 19.5% DR, meaning that on average, your HSM inflicts 2119 kinetic damage. [2632 * 0.805 = 2119] This is only 1% different than the 2145 you reported, which given your small sample size is well within expectations.

All tooltips in the game show damage dealt, not damage inflicted after armor. Our tooltips do not show you the damage the ability will inflict after the target's armor.

I hope this clears things up for you guys. To the best of my knowledge, these abilities are still working as intended.
Lol Devs must tear their hair out at the sheer stupidity of some people. I won't bother reading the rest of the thread but I'm guessing the OP is still whinging. After being shown to be so embarrassingly wrong, I'd be laying low for a while... TBH I'm surprised the OP had the basic intelligence to be able to post a thread in the first place.

StaticJoe
05.09.2012 , 07:27 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by TheEdgeOfMadness View Post
I won't bother reading the rest of the thread
Ignorance is truly bliss, isn't it...
I swear on my medical license! The real one!

--Doctor Ryamn