Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Proof that Tracer Missile and Heat Seekers are broken

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Bounty Hunter
Proof that Tracer Missile and Heat Seekers are broken
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Elfa
05.05.2012 , 04:09 PM | #101
Double speak says I.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Calm down, I'd hardly call that whining. He just asked a question. Go have a coffee and calm down. Jeepers.
Lunafox nailed it. This is correct.

EvoEmpire
05.06.2012 , 04:37 PM | #102
This game is so upsetting, balance is so out of reach now it will never be fixed, see ya
Do not follow where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail

Ansalem
05.07.2012 , 01:59 AM | #103
So I asked the question twice already and provided combat log parser showing the issue and still no dev response. Someone please tell me why my abilities are hitting for less damage when more stacks of heat signature are applied? You can see from my previous posts in this thread that as my heat signature stacks went up my damage went down. in the small portion of a combat log I shared with 3 regular tracer missile hits in a row I showed that with no heat signature up I hit a target dummy for 1518 with a 2 stack up I hit for 1561 and with a 4 stack up I hit for 1484 all using the same ability tracer missile. The 5th stack brings the damage back to between a no stack and a 2 stack. This just doesn't make sense as it is consistently this way in every combat test I have done since. I tested on a friend to make sure the armor debuff was being applied. It seems to be reducing armor values correctly yet our damage is decreasing. Can a dev please explain to me why this happens or fix the problem please? I have seen a 500-600 dps loss since the 19th so obviously you guys broke something.

Niil
05.07.2012 , 02:38 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Zamm View Post
I thought training dummies didn't have defense yet?
I was under the impression armor was considered defense.. It is under the defense tab...
Is it only considered a generalization in comparison to defense, because it's not offense?
Or was armor included when this was stated?
Armor has no impact on whether an attack hits or not. Just on how much damage is done after a hit happens, and even then it only reduces energy and kinetic damage.

fujeo-finel
05.07.2012 , 02:45 PM | #105
Arsenal was fine before the TM nerf, but you forum whiners didn't like the playstyle. Oh boo hoo. So instead of rerolling to a spec/class you might better enjoy, you whinge to BW to change the spec, and now look at the problems we have. Our biggest damage dealer is a channelled ability. We have debuffs not working properly. Our mobility and defence is shot to hell.

The spec was FINE BEFORE THE NERF

The_Duck
05.07.2012 , 04:35 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
So I asked the question twice already and provided combat log parser showing the issue and still no dev response. Someone please tell me why my abilities are hitting for less damage when more stacks of heat signature are applied? You can see from my previous posts in this thread that as my heat signature stacks went up my damage went down. in the small portion of a combat log I shared with 3 regular tracer missile hits in a row I showed that with no heat signature up I hit a target dummy for 1518 with a 2 stack up I hit for 1561 and with a 4 stack up I hit for 1484 all using the same ability tracer missile. The 5th stack brings the damage back to between a no stack and a 2 stack. This just doesn't make sense as it is consistently this way in every combat test I have done since. I tested on a friend to make sure the armor debuff was being applied. It seems to be reducing armor values correctly yet our damage is decreasing. Can a dev please explain to me why this happens or fix the problem please? I have seen a 500-600 dps loss since the 19th so obviously you guys broke something.
you are not guaranteed more damage with 5 stacks.
all you are doing is lowering the DR of the mob which would then just move your damage range a LITTLE higher.
I fail to see why you assume 5 stacks should ALWAYS do more damage than 4 stacks.
- The Duck

Hotheaded
05.07.2012 , 08:26 PM | #107
Its pretty obvious that the changes that were made to BH Merc were too extreme and a reaction to a vocal minority. I agree that BH Merc are pretty worthless in PVP now. We used to have decent burst but its pretty sad at this point. There is no real reason to play one, esp in PVP.

Id agree with a reduction of damage by 10% of tracer missle, but everything else should have stayed the same. It went way too far and as a result the class is now gimped. In order to make accurate comparisions you cant just lump everyones DPS together and try to balance it that way. Factors such as guarded DPS, pre-mades, ect Im sure contributed to most of the vocal minorites complaining. That isnt because a class is imbalanced but because others are organized and running against pugs. Now, Im constantly outdamaged by Sorcs, Jedi Knights, ect and Im running in full Battlemaster. My ablility to take down someone in PvP is all but gone. When tanks are out DPS the DPS...you broke something.

In PvE Im also constantly outdamaged by classes such as snipers, maruaders. I run in full rakata and have some black hole pieces as well. I dont think Ill be here much longer.

When you nerf a class, you dont do it with a mallet, you do it with a fine surgical laser and then see how the changes effect game play and adjust further if needed. The way 1.2 was handled for most classes succeded in doing nothing but pissing off the majority of the player base as most classes got nerfed.

I remember reading how BW stated it would be too hard to bring other people up to snuff instead of nerfing people down. Well good luck being lazy when you have no more player base.
UO, SWG, EQ 1 and 2, AC 1 and 2, Planetside, WoW, CoH/CoV, Horizons, Dark and Light, Shadowbane, EVE, DAoC, and Warhammer..yes, I have alot of free time.

Hotheaded
05.07.2012 , 08:28 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Duck View Post
you are not guaranteed more damage with 5 stacks.
all you are doing is lowering the DR of the mob which would then just move your damage range a LITTLE higher.
I fail to see why you assume 5 stacks should ALWAYS do more damage than 4 stacks.
Well sir then you arent using logic. You just said it would make your damage a LITTLE higher. If 4 stacks lowers DR by X then 5 stacks lower it by Y (Y being more) which would result in more damage.
UO, SWG, EQ 1 and 2, AC 1 and 2, Planetside, WoW, CoH/CoV, Horizons, Dark and Light, Shadowbane, EVE, DAoC, and Warhammer..yes, I have alot of free time.

Verraton
05.07.2012 , 10:20 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by APeckenpaugh View Post
Blah Blah Blah, Bounty Hunter is fine.
http://www.swtor.com/info/media/trai...-bounty-hunter

Lord_Oz
05.08.2012 , 01:36 AM | #110
While I agree that our damage has taken a hit, I'm still consistently getting over 250-300k in each warzone...unless the other team has Knights/Warriors...then they just train me the entire time and it's ZERO fun. I have 1288 Expertise, half war-hero half BM...and a single sentinel / marauder can just obliterate me. Survivability is nil right now.

For example: in a huttball...I get charged by a jugg who I know pre 1.2 was complete crap. I could 1v1 him easily every time. Suddenly my health is down to 20% and I'm running for my life without even getting 5% of his health gone. We come out of the WZ and I check his gear and he's still in freaking Centurion/Champion with sub 1000 expertise. How is that even fair? 1288 expertise and he just destroys me now. I don't even try to fight them.

I don't understand why Merc damage was nerfed...and yet warrior/knight damage was buffed over ours with way more survivability. Rocket punching and boosting them away does nothing, they just charge back.

Mercs need a root in the least imo. If you're going to keep our damage down you need to at give us something to compensate.
Peace is a lie...