Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cover Issues - Post 1.2.2

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MikadoWu
05.07.2012 , 07:29 PM | #71
Then the Rep you spoke with is clueless. this is from the devloper forum

AllisonBerryman

General Discussion -> Every patch brings more bugs than fixes.

Hello everyone - we do have a fix for the issue with taking cover while moving that will be deployed very soon.

We know that encountering bugs can be frustrating and appreciate your report. If you do encounter a bug, we encourage you to file an in-game bug report, which will be forwarded on to the correct teams. If you're having technical issues, you may also contact support to get help with troubleshooting any known issues.
Truth Hurts, Lies Destroy..........

DaftMonkey
05.07.2012 , 09:05 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by RougeBeaver View Post
I spoke with a customer rep about this ingame and they said it's working as intended...

Mixed communication, woo!
Lol, that is their standard response.

Chaac
05.08.2012 , 01:55 AM | #73
I really hope this is fixed today. I haven't played my slinger since Friday after getting fed up of the performance in pvp, especially when in Huttball trying to knock the ball carrier back (something that's already touch and go since I have to drop into cover before I can do it and then watch as for no apparent reason it has no effect on them) only to find that the ball carrier hasn't been sent anywhere because I failed to get into cover.
Wedge: "I don't like this notion of dovin basal mines that pursue you."
Han: "Me, either. I'm going to draft a strongly worded letter to the Yuuzhan Vong high commander and insist he stop using them."

KryloKillian
05.08.2012 , 05:23 AM | #74
Quote:
Classes and Combat

General
Corrected an issue that prevented Smugglers and Imperial Agents from taking cover in place while moving
Boosh.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good kick to the balls, kid.

Technohic
05.08.2012 , 07:24 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by KryloKillian View Post
Boosh.
Yeah but, have you tried it. I see Agents reporting it still is not working.

JeyKama
05.08.2012 , 12:20 PM | #76
It is still somewhat broken with today's patch. The only permutation that was fixed that I can see is that if you are autorunning or mouse-running(R&L buttons) and hit cover, it works.

1) Rolling into cover is still not reliable. It still can either do the roll animation in place and fail to drop cover, or drops cover in place.

2) If holding the forward movement keybind, if you hit cover multiple times (e.g. you have it bound to mousewheel and spin it) it screws up. Forward key + hitting cover once seems ok. If you are autorunning or mouserunning, spinning the mousewheel still works fine, so I dunno what's up.

Mostly it just seems very bad for those of us who bound roll cover/crouch to up/down mousewheel though.

Technohic
05.08.2012 , 12:50 PM | #77
Well, I hope they realize it still is broken.

FrothyPint
05.08.2012 , 01:37 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by JeyKama View Post
It is still somewhat broken with today's patch. The only permutation that was fixed that I can see is that if you are autorunning or mouse-running(R&L buttons) and hit cover, it works.

1) Rolling into cover is still not reliable. It still can either do the roll animation in place and fail to drop cover, or drops cover in place.

2) If holding the forward movement keybind, if you hit cover multiple times (e.g. you have it bound to mousewheel and spin it) it screws up. Forward key + hitting cover once seems ok. If you are autorunning or mouserunning, spinning the mousewheel still works fine, so I dunno what's up.

Mostly it just seems very bad for those of us who bound roll cover/crouch to up/down mousewheel though.
Haven't had a chance yet to see the fix for myself. Sounds like the issue on rolling into cover is still broken but what you describe about double hitting cover and popping out of cover sounds like the way it should work.

Hypothetically , you could avoid this by using the cover abilities bar and binding the wheel to something else other than taking cover (like charged burst ). So the first click puts you in cover and the second click fires off an instant charged burst ( or whatever you normally do immediately on taking cover).

JeyKama
05.08.2012 , 02:10 PM | #79
As I said, it only really seems adversely affect people who use the mousewheel for cover -and- use the keyboard to run/strafe. Also, spinning the wheel and mouserunning doesn't interrupt cover despite serving the same purpose. I just don't have enough accessible buttons to intuitively bind cover/crouch anywhere else.

It seems to be an issue with cover now being interrupted by holding down movement, rather than only upon a movement key being hit again.

Trineda
05.12.2012 , 03:14 PM | #80

Hello there,

We appreciate your report of this issue; we have escalated it to an appropriate department for investigation and appreciate your patience. Amber Green has also posted about this issue as an update in the Known Issues Thread. In order to keep the forums tidy and conversations in one place please use this thread to discuss the topic of issues with cover since 1.2.3, we will be closing this current thread. Thank You!

Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
Hello everyone! We appreciate you joining us to play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, and we hope you enjoy the game. As MMORPGs are large and complex projects, inevitably we do discover issues that may affect gameplay. We're working constantly to fix anything that will affect the player experience, but for now this is our current list of high priority in-game known issues.

UPDATED: May 11th, 2012
Classes and Combat
  • The “Take Cover” ability does not work properly when bound to the mouse wheel.