Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cover Issues - Post 1.2.2

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Altruismo
05.01.2012 , 07:18 PM | #21
Seriously? There's no roll-back policy for game-breaking patches?
In my line of work, when you perform changes that result in things being worse than they were before the change, you roll-back ASAP.

savemeh
05.01.2012 , 07:30 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks, thanks for reporting this. We've confirmed and added this to our list of Known Issues and we are now working on a fix for an upcoming patch. Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
If this can't be fixed ASAP (ie in a patch tonight) I recommend using the typical software testing approach. You take your test server (You do have one right?) and configure it to pre-patch. Apply the new patch fixes one-by-one until you see which one breaks the class. Mark that patch fix as bad. Take the main servers down for emergency patch tonight. Roll the configurations back to pre-patch (configurations not character data so nothing is lost). Apply all the patches except the one you marked as bad. Restart servers. Problem solved. Find a different fix for the patch that caused the issue.

Shadowsdarth
05.01.2012 , 07:48 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks, thanks for reporting this. We've confirmed and added this to our list of Known Issues and we are now working on a fix for an upcoming patch. Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
In your known issues thread, you have a workaround for this newly reported bug. If your CS personnel and developers listed to our feedback herein you'd know that this workaround isn't really a work around.

Quote: Originally Posted by Amber Green

Classes and Combat
When the Take Cover ability is activated while moving, players will not go into cover if Portable Cover is needed. (If green-outlined environmental indicator is available, activating the ability will roll players into cover as intended.)
Workaround: If players are not moving, Portable Cover works properly with a single activation of Take Cover. Furthermore, players who drop their Portable Cover while moving can activate the ability again to move into cover.
As for an upcoming patch, is this how you hotfix things. I'm going to think that's what you meant, since I feel you do not have the ability to "HOTFIX" like other MMOs, that you instead need to patch.

1. Patch tomorrow?
2. Patch by the weekend?
3. These two ACs are needed for most 8 man HM guilds to beat your bugged Warlord Kephess encounter.
4. Fix this ASAP. It will show your commitment to two AC communities that you just basically rendered unplayable.
5. Your past two patches for very minor stuff have broken Kephess HM 8 man, the ability to spawn Nightmare Pilgrim (at least on Saber of Exar Kun) and now two Advanced Classes. Do we have to continue to expect this kind of patching from you in the future. Especially when you break stuff and then post a half *** workaround that you actually think work for the majority of us.
6. Things like this is why your number of concurrent subscribers continue to not log on. Servers are dying and then you break stuff.
7. Lastly after I read this, I feel that this won't get fixed till next tuesday sadly because you still haven't fixed Kephess 8 man even though you were told a week ago. So I might as well not play my main, not lead my guild as an officer, not raid since I'm broken and would have to been carried.
War Hero Nuriel Shadows- Chiss Sniper 31/8/2
Big Crits
4/5 HM EC/NP 10/10 16m NiM
Saber of Exar Kun

Miltonium
05.01.2012 , 08:11 PM | #24
Back to the main topic... it is not only a TAKE COVER issue, its also a CROUCH (portable cover) issue.

As I've said before, just repeatedly CROUCHing on the fleet, i've had it where you start the animation, but then it stops and ya just stand there. This isn't moving while CROUCHing.

I have also noted that the animation for CROUCH on the fleet seems excessively slow, but within a FLASHPOINT there are times where my animation displayed at the normal proper fast speed, and times it was in the slower speed... the issues seem to occur more often during the slower animation.

WIthin this same flashpoint the other DPS was another gunslinger who wasn't having the same issue as I was, and his animations always looked to be running at the proper speed. I really hope that this isn't considered just a TAKE COVER issue since I've not used natural cover for like 4 months now at all.

Tusk

P.S. - For those of you wanting to QQ, Backseat Developer Driver, or just make petty and snide remarks about BW "incompetence"... Please make your own thread and get out of mine... KKbai

ZDProletariat
05.01.2012 , 08:30 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadowsdarth View Post
3. These two ACs are needed for most 8 man HM guilds to beat your bugged Warlord Kephess encounter.
What bug? I haven't encountered any Kephess bugs on my runs. Could you elaborate?
"Do you find that normal nerve after the thug that two other classes as loud clap louder than see him before the nerve? The 5k is full of stuff I champion and master of combat. This game is the bag B ** E! Brave the nerve of thug developers not prevail in paradise." - Authentic SWTOR Forum Post

dejavy
05.01.2012 , 08:32 PM | #26
How do they manage to fix one thing breaking two others i wonder?
First of, yes cover is broken. Noticed it yesterday when tried to escape from marauder attempting to sit under the cover and push him back away but in vain. The animation was correct but i wasn't in cover and couldn't use skills ofc. A** aches, sad because it's my future main i hope.

JeramieCrowe
05.01.2012 , 09:32 PM | #27
Oh, good, here I though it was just me.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Athrins
05.01.2012 , 10:53 PM | #28
Noticed this, too.. It really is gamebreaking and BW should consider an emergency-patch.

Or do they only do that when something happens to a FotM-class?
Lord Calypho [EU]
The Athrins Legacy
Altoholic...

TormentAU
05.02.2012 , 02:43 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Lithy View Post
Is there any chance at a hotfix tonight or tomorrow? This makes the GS/Sniper unplayable in PvP if your marksman...
Also for engineers

I guess its working as intended to keep the qq down from all the glowbat users about snipers

Piousgee
05.02.2012 , 07:43 AM | #30
I looked up the "known issue" as posted previously, and I have to say I'm not sure the issue they are looking at is really the issue. Even if I move into cover from stationary the cover will break as soon as I turn [either via cursor keys to line up better visibilty on a target, or if I get "turned" automatically by the animation to go into snipe etc.] and cover seems to hold OK if the cover is perfectly perpendicular to the sighting line to the target, but seems to automatically break [even prior to any action at all] if the cover is at an angle WRT the target even though it was "suggested" as cover for the target by the game mechanics.

BTW, I have to say that the in-game support so far has been awful. I reported both this issue and the unable to search the GTN properly issue when I came across them. I have to say that the response I got from the GM [or protocol droid, or whatever we are supposed to call them] didn't exactly give me a warm fuzzy feeling. I'm getting a bit tired of the "we have sent it to the developers, now don't bother us again" response for every eventuality, especially when there is an issue being reported that support already knows exists.

Would it really take that much extra time, effort and expense to have the in game GMs reply to a question about a known bug by saying "we know we have a problem, there is a workaround posted on the forum at [this URL] and we'll keep you up to date on the scheduling of a full fix on the forum at [another url], rather than just "we have sent it off to the developers who will decide if it important enough to look at,we won't tell you if it's just you or lots of people are affected, now b*****r off and leave us alone, and if you want more info go look for it youself" which is how the email response sounds at the mo?

It's the sort of little thing that makes it look like you actually care