Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Slicing Lockbox Missions - Fixed?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Slicing Lockbox Missions - Fixed?

DarthTHC
05.01.2012 , 08:47 AM | #1
Simple question post here; no troll. I'm at work and I see in the RN's that they say they've fixed the Slicing Lockbox Missions.

Any Slicers try them yet? Did they actually come through for us?

Thanks.

skeeterslint
05.01.2012 , 09:32 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Simple question post here; no troll. I'm at work and I see in the RN's that they say they've fixed the Slicing Lockbox Missions.

Any Slicers try them yet? Did they actually come through for us?

Thanks.
Whats wrong with lockbox missions?I only have a low level slicer but I haven't noticed a problem with lockbox missions?I could be missing something though since i haven't had a slicer since before the nerfs in beta.

DarthTHC
05.01.2012 , 10:14 AM | #3
1.2 introduced a bug in which certain lockboxes (essentially anything better than white quality) had their returns severely diminished. BioWare (eventually) acknowledged this bug and the patch notes for today say it's fixed.

Based on past experiences, I trust the community's feedback far, far more than I trust anything BioWare says (isn't that sad?) so I'm asking those I trust for confirmation.

CircularVirus
05.01.2012 , 10:18 AM | #4
I did a Rich Lockbox mission this morning, cost me 2200(ish) creds and the lockbox yielded around 1200(ish) credits. I'm not willing to do another one to confirm, but with that kind of result I would speculate that it's not fully fixed.

GnatB
05.01.2012 , 10:19 AM | #5
the premium (green) lockboxes were returning far less money than they probably should have. (regardless of how procured) IIRC even considerably less than white ones.

Filodendron
05.01.2012 , 10:22 AM | #6
Apparently not, i still get fewer credits out of the lockbox than i spend on the mission.

VexxM
05.01.2012 , 10:40 AM | #7
I just ran a rich lvl 5 and got back even money. I will run some more to see if it is the same.

lull
05.01.2012 , 11:10 AM | #8
I've only done a few so far.

Update:
Out of 12 missions of various levels that were rich or bountiful and have returned a green lockbox, 11 have returned losses ranging from 1-43% and one returned a profit of 13%.

The losses seem as though they may not be as significant based on this small sample, but lockboxes certainly don't seem (to me) to be changed back to pre 1.2 level returns either. It may be that a nerf was intended in 1.2, but the lockboxes were also broken. Now they may just be nerfed. Clarification would once again be nice.

Daganfall
05.01.2012 , 11:56 AM | #9
Been running some tests. It seems its mostly fixed, but green (premium) lockboxes still regularly give less money than the mission cost. Others seem fixed though (white, blue)

Niddles
05.01.2012 , 12:55 PM | #10
Definitely fixed. Level 50 green boxes were returning 500-1000, now they're at 1600-2500