Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Click and wait, RNG crafting, AKA bioware's lazy attempt at crafting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Click and wait, RNG crafting, AKA bioware's lazy attempt at crafting.

Saeria
05.01.2012 , 11:31 AM | #11
Stop saying "listen to your community" you're just one person and you do not represent the community as a whole.

There are some of us who actually like this system and find it thoroughly refreshing. If anything, the system is a bit too easy and it's far too easy for a person to become self-sufficient and do not require trading/bartering.

Recipes are only worth something if they're rare, either time-rare, material-rare or pattern-rare. Biowares system creates product differenciation for crafters and promotes trade.

joeypesci
05.01.2012 , 11:37 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by grandmthethird View Post
i don't click and wait, i click and go kill something.

i like the system, i can craft and not have it eating into my game time
Not when you RE. You have to wait when you RE. And unless the item is stackable you have to RE one at time, even more fing annoying.

Kane_Mkvenner
05.01.2012 , 01:50 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Saeria View Post
Stop saying "listen to your community" you're just one person and you do not represent the community as a whole.

Yea, I'm just one person in the ....wait for it.... Community. Also I would venture to guess that I am not the only one....in the community... that is dissatisfied with crafting. I also disclaimed that it was only opinion and should be taken as such. Your assumption that I believed my opinion spoke for all was wrong although you do seem like the type to take it that way just to have something to ***** about.

There are some of us who actually like this system and find it thoroughly refreshing. If anything, the system is a bit too easy and it's far too easy for a person to become self-sufficient and do not require trading/bartering.

I agree, it is to easy. There is little to no involvement beside sending companions to do everything for you.

Recipes are only worth something if they're rare, either time-rare, material-rare or pattern-rare. Biowares system creates product differenciation for crafters and promotes trade.

Something is only worth what someone's willing to pay for it. If I crapped out a ten carat diamond, would you pay me a million bucks for it?
Yay for opinions.

Drewhat
05.01.2012 , 02:34 PM | #14
One service I don't see talked about much is a 'research vendor' service.

If, say, you wanted to learn a few purple schematics, you could contract me for my time and material in feeding you 20 blues that could then get you that schematic. This would easily take the form of me just sending you batches of blues with a COD cost.

The best relationship here would be between somebody with companions that crit better on gathering and mission materials significantly better than you while you critted better and with more efficiently on crafting related to those materials.

dragonfor
05.01.2012 , 02:59 PM | #15
Only 2 things I would change about the system.
1) Make the chance to learn schematic on RE 100%. I don't mind the augment on crit chance, but RE'ing Black Hole pieces for nothing is depressing.
2) Make the chance to learn schematic on RE 100%. I don't mind the augment on crit chance, but RE'ing Black Hole pieces for nothing is depressing.

Veeius
05.01.2012 , 03:45 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by decrypter View Post
Totally agree , crafting is really poor in this game
Exactly this. I don't want companion gifts. I don't want luxury fabric. I want metal. I need 4 pieces of blue to make 1 stinking mod, and I'm ***lucky*** if I even have a metal mission, and if I do, my idiot companions find a way to muck it up and come back with nothing. And if they manage to get it right, it's 2 pieces of metal after 50 minutes.

This is the suckiest system I have ***EVER*** seen, by several orders of magnitude.

Kell_Douro
05.01.2012 , 04:00 PM | #17
My only complaint is also the massive credit vacum crafting involves i love not having to run around hunting materials and on the other not i just save up and buy the rare mats i need from GTN to save myself time and send my companions on missions for common stuff seems to work out much better for me that way,. also yesterday i crafted 26 war helms before i got a schematic which i say is pretty crazy to have to do it that many time cost me well over 120k in creds and tons of materials i am disappointed in that It needs a few tweeks i say give your imput and dont bash them everything i see from the people here is they listen and try to fix various problems. give the people a chance to work on it before u bash them just my opinion. Lots of other bugs and such for them to fix not just crafting.

konstan
05.01.2012 , 04:16 PM | #18
RNG crafting in swtor wouldn't have been too bad if the crit craft rate was decent. On some things (rakata) the crit chance is way too low, nowhere near the 20% it should be for my fully affectionate Jaesa.
"Good relations with the wookies I have"

Veeius
05.01.2012 , 07:54 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by konstan View Post
RNG crafting in swtor wouldn't have been too bad if the crit craft rate was decent. On some things (rakata) the crit chance is way too low, nowhere near the 20% it should be for my fully affectionate Jaesa.
Actually, I could handle a bad crit rate if underworld metals weren't so terribly difficult to obtain. I have *3* toons that do underworld trading, and OFTEN will see 0 or 1 metal missions between the 3 of them.

Kaskali
05.01.2012 , 08:00 PM | #20
I was going to reply with something more substantive, but it is clear that you have no interest in having an adult conversation with anyone who might disagree with you.

I will simply say that randomness in crafting and companion crafting are two completely separate matters and that I like both.