Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Latest Patch=*** on the GTN??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Latest Patch=*** on the GTN??

05.01.2012 , 04:49 PM | #21
it seems to me that the UI devs have either way too much power or are far too lazy. first it was the GCD debacle that went through several iterations of what some anonymous UI dev thought was better than anything people had asked for, then finally they just threw their hands up and gave us 15 options for GCD animations. we had to wait until 1.2 to get target of target (seriously? like, how many bosses require you to know what their target is? all of them!?). /roll was a long time coming and we still don't have a readycheck option. and now this nonsense with the GTN. it just keeps coming back to some UI guy thinking he knows better or taking massive shortcuts. it's crazy and it gives the impression that the dev team is disjointed and uncommunicative, and also that the game just basically isn't finished yet. 5 months after release.

05.01.2012 , 04:52 PM | #22
I think the real problem is probably, no one in BW knows how the whole thing is working now.
They have programmers who can parse through source codes for partial solutions, but if that codes is affecting or affected by source codes from other categories, they get screwed up every time they tried to do something. They are not aware of the interferences and they probably lack the information of what is affecting what.

This usually happens when someone plays a vital part in handling the whole thing but that guys left after the game is released. It takes a long time to retrieve the overall information and to fix it even with a good group able to parse or reverse engineer the source codes written by the previous programmer. It may take forever if they are not competent enough. Guess this might be what we are seeing and thus causing so many "We have fixed!" -> not fixed. "We have fixed" --> still happening reports on all sort of things.

05.01.2012 , 05:10 PM | #23
Hahhahahaha, this was actually funny when I first saw it, reeks of Bioware trolls
Don't mind it, if they fix it soon.

05.01.2012 , 10:11 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by SinisterSniper View Post
I thought they said they wanted to make the GTN 95% less stupid.
They need to work on making the people in charge of the GTN 95% less stupid. And I think the quote was 95% less suck or something like that, but yeah its almost comical given how bad the GTN was at launch and how much worse they have made it in a vain effort to improve it.

05.01.2012 , 11:56 PM | #25
I was on the same moment last night. I tried to search for schematics and nothing. Started scratching my head.
When I made a post on fleet, someone said check patch notes. But anything about actually what they did is written actually. Very 'generic'.

At software developer with 23 years career, (yes I am old), not being able to do a search engine, with the resources Bioware has, is insulting. Basic rule of software development. If ain't broken don't fix it.

GTN needs to be sorted. We are in 2012, and EVE Online has by far the best market search system since 2003.
And what's the purpose of 2 days sale.

05.02.2012 , 12:10 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by zachbuford View Post
What is GW2's release date again? Seriously Bioware, w t f.
End of June and it Couldn't come faster....

05.02.2012 , 01:04 AM | #27
I argee. If a change makes me press MORE buttons to get the same result as before the change, I'd say that's a failure. I don't like the current GTN interface at all.

I'd rather go back to the pre-1.2 GTN interface than keep working with this annoying "everything has to have a modifier" system we have now.

05.02.2012 , 04:08 AM | #28
The really funny part is that if you select the Gray item quality (the one immediately below 'any') as your search term it basically functions in the same way that 'any quality' should. So if they'd just made that value the default instead of keeping the non-functioning 'any' and requiring players to select an item quality, then that would have been a better bodge job workaround!

05.02.2012 , 05:06 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by ZaRree View Post
Hahhahahaha, this was actually funny when I first saw it, reeks of Bioware trolls
Don't mind it, if they fix it soon.
It's still another glowing example of BioWare's INCOMPETENCE!

05.02.2012 , 06:15 AM | #30
This isn't even on the known issues list yet.

I really love Bioware. They are my favorite game company. But I wonder if they have, like, 2 or 3 really over-worked engineers working for them.