Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Latest Patch=*** on the GTN??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Latest Patch=*** on the GTN??

zachbuford
05.01.2012 , 07:09 AM | #1
As the title implies I am upset about the ninja GTN change. I must not ALWAYS choose rarity for items I'm searching for, such as premium, legendary, ect. Unfortunately as a crafter this only irritates me because I need to check the GTN very often to find the best deals. When searching for mats I must now go through that additional step of adding rarity into the search, and in doing so I can't even see all the results.

For example if I wanted to see basic mats I'd have to search premium, for any epic mats another option, and even GTN sharking for perfect upari/unriched durasteal is a pain in the lightsaber. Yes this change would be useful for the "casual" gamer that doesn't play the GTN, but to everyone it is nothing more than an annoyance.

Khalhazar
05.01.2012 , 07:14 AM | #2
It's not even useful for the casual gamer. Add to that the fact that text search is still broken, and you have a big moment.

zachbuford
05.01.2012 , 07:17 AM | #3
I only ever find the rarity search useful for looking for orange gear, beyond that I never use it. Even when looking for epics you could just use the item level sorter to find the best.

1-there are too many options (most of them aren't even used)
2-when i am truely using the GTN the "any" option is my best friend
3-why was this a ninja change? in what way does it benifit the game?

DawnAskham
05.01.2012 , 07:17 AM | #4
It's early, I'm still half asleep, but seeing what they did to the GTN, I spit my coffee out laughing so hard. I mean what else can you do, it clear the GTN is nothing but a joke to Bioware. They are trolling us I tell you, trolling us hard.

I just don't understand why the GTN cannot have a simple hierarchical view, with the ability to drill down into subcategories, with additional filters for things like slots and rarity, along with a search window that actually returns any item that matches the search term.

It's not like databases with usable interfaces and working search are new and cutting edge technology.

LemmingLeader
05.01.2012 , 07:27 AM | #5
BioWare can't even do a basic auctionhouse right. Pathetic.

Khalhazar
05.01.2012 , 07:28 AM | #6
At this point, I'd take being able to type in raw SQL. It boggles the mind.

Karl-Just-Karl
05.01.2012 , 07:34 AM | #7
Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

zachbuford
05.01.2012 , 08:20 AM | #8
What is GW2's release date again? Seriously Bioware, w t f.

LemmingLeader
05.01.2012 , 09:44 AM | #9
This game has been out 4 full months, approaching 5. And browsing the GTN is a hassle at this point in time? Something so basic in an MMORPG? This isn't class balance for PvP I'm talking about here (*snicker*). This is simple, core aspect of gameplay. And it can't be done right at month 4 after going live.

/whew

HoosierDuke
05.01.2012 , 10:21 AM | #10
Seriously, the GTN change in the latest patch is a mind boggler.

We were moving in the right direction previously, just being able to enter some text and hitting search (though, somehow, some items wouldn't show up, even if they were there?) ... but now, forcing us to select 3 dropdown menus before searching? Really? Are you kidding me?

Who in their right mind thought this was a good design decision?