Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch 1.2.2 (5/1/12) "Exit Area" disabled duing combat

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Patch 1.2.2 (5/1/12) "Exit Area" disabled duing combat

JDCrash
05.01.2012 , 09:45 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
This is a pretty stupid change. Why force death onto the players? They already have a stupid restriction on revives(which is also dumb). At least you have a chance to escape when you know a fight is a wipe, especially when something bugs out.
I know, right?
This was being exploited by such a small, teeny-tiny minority of ops.
The vast majority of ops were using this legitimately to avoid bugs and glitches.
I see clearly now.
Bioware is just keeping the man down.
Fight the powah!
/sarcasm

TL;DR?

EAT DETH, XPLOITERS!

Mugen_no_Jidai
05.01.2012 , 09:51 AM | #22
So, if your whole party is down in EV and you're in a mind trap (this happens frequently), you now have to use /stuck to kill yourself to get out now?

Shinaa
05.01.2012 , 10:07 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Mugen_no_Jidai View Post
So, if your whole party is down in EV and you're in a mind trap (this happens frequently), you now have to use /stuck to kill yourself to get out now?
Or wait till reset, yes looks like it. ^^

Codek
05.01.2012 , 10:13 AM | #24
I must be really bored to consider replying to these....

Quote: Originally Posted by Shinaa View Post
Apparently some are playing a diffrent game then others.
About the "an occasional bug", are you serious or just very lucky?
The last week was full of bugs for us
- changing phase in ops after a wipe, so you have to clear trash again (yes you can work around it but once we did not pay attetion, still a bug)
- entering a new ops id with all bosses back, while rest of the group can't even enter
- pilgrim not spawning / unclickable spawn
- Denova last boss, besides the obvious aoe dmg with to much range, we even run into a bug where no bomber spawned after he left his walker, so we could not finish the walker and had to watch him kill us because you CANNOT kill him while the walker still lives.

There are more, but this is just last weeks most annoying and time wasting stuff.
Only the last one you mentioned relates to the topic at hand. The last one is also a rare occurrence that I feel is not a justifiable grounds for making an easy escape accessible to all boss fights. the exit area was used 90% of the time simply to just abandon a fight that someone died early on which should not be the intended purpose.
~Codek

Codek
05.01.2012 , 10:14 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Mugen_no_Jidai View Post
*Gasp* your raid wipes and you have to die with them now!?! WTH.
~Codek

XavinNydek
05.01.2012 , 10:22 AM | #26
Exiting Area while in combat in a boss fight bugged things out more often than not. Repair costs are cheap now, it's no big deal.

Raansu
05.01.2012 , 10:43 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by JDCrash View Post
I know, right?
This was being exploited by such a small, teeny-tiny minority of ops.
The vast majority of ops were using this legitimately to avoid bugs and glitches.
I see clearly now.
Bioware is just keeping the man down.
Fight the powah!
/sarcasm

TL;DR?

EAT DETH, XPLOITERS!
No one was exploiting anything. Fight is a wipe why stick around for a death? That's just stupid. You want to force death on a player? How about pvp players have a repair bill then?

This is a stupid change and there is no reason for it. You can escape fights in open world by running away, but in a flashpoint/op they will chase you through the entire instance. I don't see the point in forcing death on players.

AureateFlux
05.01.2012 , 10:46 AM | #28
It seems silly to me to wait around for the whole raid to die when the raid finds itself in a failure condition that really can't be recovered from. Why should your entire raid have to kill themselves if:
  • Soa fight leaves group in combat after he dies (happens frequently since 1.2-- whole group up but stuck in combat)
  • A tank dies on Firebrand or Stormcaller and the whole raid manages to reach the safe zone by the door (even if battle rez is up, people who die on the tanks can't be rezzed)
  • Minefield in Denova reveals 5 or more consecutive red fields (on a group that isn't ridiculously geared even in Story Mode, there's generally no way to finish before turrets enrage)
  • Group misses two or more bombers on Kephess

If there weren't already so many draconian restrictions on in-combat actions such as med-pack usage and battle rezzes (enrage timers are part of this too), this wouldn't be a big deal. But those restrictions make unrecoverable failure conditions both much easier to reach and much easier to discern. IF Bioware wanted us to try to stick around for fights that are going south, then they wouldn't have placed so many restrictions on recovery skills and items. Even with the ability to exit area, groups wouldn't use it if they perceived a chance to turn it around.

This is a bald-faced attempt to bring back repairs to the level of money sink it was before 1.2 without increasing the cost of each repair. And why do they need to do that? Because Legacy unlocks are hardly worth buying.

Twickers
05.01.2012 , 10:52 AM | #29
I don't have any issues with having to die, repair bills are dirt cheap and I have no issues with paying them, as OTHERS have pointed out it's when a fight bugs out and you need to exit area to get out of it and now you wont be able to, so now you have to force the game to close out just so you can get booted out of the FP, that's my issue with this, but whatever.

oredith
05.01.2012 , 11:36 AM | #30
as a tank: "what's everyone crying about"..

finally, everyone has to die with me!
(╯□)╯┻━┻
flipp'n yo desk, like a bauss
Tankie