Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Would a CC Sage do well in groups?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Consular > Sage
Would a CC Sage do well in groups?

Felioats
12.17.2011 , 05:15 PM | #1
Here is a build with all of the crowd control talents, and seven points unspent.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600ZfobrzMbZdrcosM.1

It happens to be an even split between Telekinetics/Balance.

I'm a little worried that even at high levels, things will move so quickly that no one will really pay attention to what is being crowd-controlled. Granted, some of the short-duration area mezzes will prevent some damage just incidentally.

I'm also worried that groups just won't need CC as much as they need heals. CC is supposed to prevent damage and reduce the need for heals, but is isn't exactly a zero-sum game (lots of CC only reduces the need for healing somewhat, whereas lots of healing can eliminate the need for CC).

Voidstar
12.18.2011 , 06:54 PM | #2
Going a CC Sage will only work with premades if/when they release a ranked warzone system.

You're just going to get them broken by idiots and want to heal otherwise.

Felioats
12.19.2011 , 01:09 AM | #3
I was thinking about PvE, but I think your words apply equally. Thanks.

OCoChoco
12.19.2011 , 01:47 AM | #4
People generally attack the closest or easiest to attack, if you CC the less obvious target, less chance of it being broken.. or CC early

Conundrum-NSA
12.19.2011 , 04:24 AM | #5
I LOVE doing CC, but it's pretty much a lost art since the days of OLD DAOC before they ruined the CC aspect of it.

In those days you had to have a CCer in your group and he was the one who kept the group alive as much as, if not more than the tank.

The problem with it being a lost art, is people who have never dealt with it don't completely understand...don't hit the droid floating in the air.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn."
Ord Mantell Squadron 01

Drakaris
12.19.2011 , 04:40 AM | #6
If you plan to solo a lot in the open world then it will work. For warzones - forget it. Randoms mashing buttons and rolling faces on the keyboard tend to hit everyone without even thinking that this target was CC'd on purpose.
Vengeance Of The Fallen
Shalina

"Owning since 2003"
www.VoTF-online.net