Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Augment gear pigeon holing cosmetic looks?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Augment gear pigeon holing cosmetic looks?

Lodril
05.01.2012 , 07:40 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by starsetter View Post
As it stands there are upwards of 14 different models of pants and chest, 12 different helms and 3 of those models have several different craft able color variations.
Can crafters choose the color variations, or do they require different recipes or something? I ask, because I've seen armor on GTN that I liked, but that the colors for were ugly, so I didn't buy it. If the sellers could craft them in different colors, I'd happily mail them to request it.

Audiojack
05.01.2012 , 08:04 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Aetou View Post
Don't just watch the GTN to see what stuff with augments get put on it, be a bit more proactive. Look through the lower level stuff to find the relevant crafters then mail them with a request. Most of the love getting orders. My head and chest were both custom orders like that, with different crafters who both were more than happy to work with me to find the item I wanted and then make it.
Well the stuff I'm interested specifically in are some world drops from Belsavis. So do I have to just get said lower level crafters to inspect my gear and find something they can make that looks like what I want? I would think high level crafters can do the same, unless high level crafters can't be bothered to get lower level schematics.

The whole RE/schematic system seems confusing at first glance. My biochem is nice and simple: Get mats, make myself rakat stim/medpac/adrenal....ignore crafting.

entropicdecay
05.01.2012 , 08:07 PM | #13
I'm really hoping they do add the ability to add augment slots to existing gear because I really like the look of some of the social armour to the point where I am doing without augments purely for cosmetic purposes.

But I want my augments, I'm a minmaxer. =/

starsetter
05.01.2012 , 08:35 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Lodril View Post
Can crafters choose the color variations, or do they require different recipes or something? I ask, because I've seen armor on GTN that I liked, but that the colors for were ugly, so I didn't buy it. If the sellers could craft them in different colors, I'd happily mail them to request it.
The different color variations are limited to the pvp and campaign gear sadly. Crafters do have control over what color they are crafting in those regards though. Im hoping BW eventually adds in either color variations of the other models or offers us an option to change the colors either while crafting or while equipping.

MaximusRex
05.01.2012 , 10:12 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Lemina_Ausa View Post
My server has a pretty small population and not a very hardcore population - augmented oranges don't sell that easily. Most people are still wearing their columi/rakata/battlemaster sets that cannot be augmented. I guess despite all the claims of people wanting to "choose" their look, everyone still wants to feel "elite" wearing their tier gear. Even if its a crappy looking set like the consular one.
On my server a lot of people have now moved to Augmented gear. Without knowing more about their motives, it could just as simply be that people on your server are cheap, it costs over 100k credits to strip out 1 Rakata item.

OP, the change to augment crit gear is helpful, but I would agree that until every gear item appearance in the game can be crafted in a moddable version that aesthetics over power won't truly be the ultimate choice.

Lothalin
05.02.2012 , 03:27 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Grayseven View Post
My question on this is:

Does augmented gear really matter that much?

Sure, it is BiS simply because it allows the addition of stats, but what is the percentage difference between an augmented piece and a piece without an augment?
If you figure there are 7 (there may be more, I know there are 7 for sure) pieces that you can get augment slots on, and you put a 50 rating augment in each one, it can make a big diff. Just looking at my mods:
+12 End
+18 Cun

The augments are giving me:
12*7=84*10=840 more HP
18*7=126 Cunning

I feel like that is a pretty significant upgrade, but who knows.

ConzarCR
05.02.2012 , 07:18 PM | #17
Is it worth it?

I've crafted aug slots on Implants, and a guildie Artifice crafted an aug slot on a relic (his very first attempt on a Rakata relic). 5 pieces of tier gear. I traded a bucketload of blue Fort Stims for an auged Lightsaber (the hilt looks rubbish but I don't care - it has a white blade which is far more noticeable). That's 10 right there. Ear is probably aug-able too (though I have no proof). Bracers possibly, belt possibly, off-hand possibly.

Excluding Ear, bracers, belt, and off-hand:
1000HP and +180 (+189 with Consular buff, +195 for dps with +3% talent) Primary stat. Approximately +10% boost to primary stat. Across your whole Op team means that last week's 1% wipe is this week's kill. And probably that 5% wipe too.