Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Married or Engaged?

Crezelle
05.01.2012 , 08:09 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by DeutschGamer View Post
They were mated between Dark Jedi and ancient Sith, the term "Interbreeding" leaves little to the imagination. They found a way to mix DNA between the species through intercourse and the hybrids that followed slowly lost the features that made up the true Sith race.

It wasn't done artificially, other than the initial experimenting to figure out how to mate.
ahh, i was told it was some crackpot force alchemy.
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

Anysao
05.01.2012 , 08:14 PM | #42
Well, Kira and I are technically married..
Spoiler

Yup.
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!

Celacia
05.01.2012 , 08:17 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Crezelle View Post
probably pigmentation simmilar to lizards and bords. only green mammal i can think of is the sloth, which gets a greenish tinge from algae growing on it's spongy, humid fur.
then theres the technology to be considered. how well can people make genetic chimeras in this time/instance?
my flagship toon is an agent, and she has her own biologist on hand, lab and all, so he could probably mix her up some designer babies if she wanted ( but i like to think things between her and vector went all naturally chiss are, after all, hinted to be very simmilar to humans, if not a direct branch off them. i would worry, however, about the mix of the rate of maturity between chiss and human... what if the offspring had issues where some parts were triggered by the genetic growth triggers of the chiss, while others waited for the delayed human growth triggers? if you had a compromise between vital systems, it could be fatal.
Having the good doctor along to help with things would probably make that less of a worry, because it's likely that a regimen of the appropriate hormones (or something to block them, such as some of the girls in this article were being treated with iirc) would work to keep that sort of thing from becoming a problem.

(Non-bio-nerding-out) My BH is supposed to be half Chiss/half human, and she had a really messed up childhood because of it. Rates of physical growth and development and rates of mental/emotional growth didn't line up at all. (I may have given this some thought.)

Uathach
05.01.2012 , 08:19 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by elliotcat View Post
I know, I'm curious whether I'll get the adoption talk or not, since so far I haven't found clear info on whether humans and Mirialans are genetically compatible.
I'm fairly certain humans and near-humans (Mirialans, Miraluka) can have children, since it's theorised they're really sub-branches of humans which evolved a certain way due to their respective environments. (In the case of Mirialans, Mirial's sun Siel puts out a high level of radiation, which is why Mirialans have greenish skin. At least, according to the RPG books, anyway) I'm not sure about the other races, though.

As for whether my Consular is married or engaged, I can't really tell. I thought after exchanging Sarkhai vows they were, but one of Nadia's letters talked about "if we get married" so maybe it's an engagement? The marriage convo was the last one I had with her, so it's a little vague.

Quote: Originally Posted by Anysao View Post
Was someone being ease-droppy?

Yup.
I think my ship's bugged. Even Nadia's cousin somehow knew. Nice bit of lampshade hanging when she mused HOW DID SHE FIND OUT? Spies are everywhere, man.
So as I pray... UNLIMITED BOULDER WORKS!

elliotcat
05.01.2012 , 08:20 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Uathach View Post
I'm fairly certain humans and near-humans (Mirialans, Miraluka) can have children, since it's theorised they're really sub-branches of humans which evolved a certain way due to their respective environments. (In the case of Mirialans, Mirial's sun Siel puts out a high level of radiation, which is why Mirialans have greenish skin. At least, according to the RPG books, anyway) I'm not sure about the other races, though.

As for whether my Consular is married or engaged, I can't really tell. I thought after exchanging Sarkhai vows they were, but one of Nadia's letters talked about "if we get married" so maybe it's an engagement? The marriage convo was the last one I had with her, so it's a little vague.
That's interesting, thanks! I did not know that about the green skin.

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"[/SIZE]

Taalbert
05.01.2012 , 08:49 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
I adore him! He's just such a good guy, but practical and the back and forth between uber confident, flustered, and sweet is just delicious. And his voice...... ......... ......... and we'll leave it at that.
Good god the voice....the voice. That's what got me to start with. The romance took so long to start but when it did...anyway I am level 39 now so I have only just started it

Spoiler

I have seen several threads of people saying they don't like him as a companion, maybe because he starts out...a little rough, but honestly, what's not to love!

Kalterien
05.01.2012 , 09:01 PM | #47
I just watched my RL partner's female Jedi shoot Doc down, I feel bad for that set of pixels

Crezelle
05.01.2012 , 09:20 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Celacia View Post
Having the good doctor along to help with things would probably make that less of a worry, because it's likely that a regimen of the appropriate hormones (or something to block them, such as some of the girls in this article were being treated with iirc) would work to keep that sort of thing from becoming a problem.

(Non-bio-nerding-out) My BH is supposed to be half Chiss/half human, and she had a really messed up childhood because of it. Rates of physical growth and development and rates of mental/emotional growth didn't line up at all. (I may have given this some thought.)
i was thinking more life-threatening systems developing out of whack, like the brain growing faster than the skull, or internal organs becoming cramped in the body cavity, or not keeping up with the bone and muscle growth, leading to compromised bones and muscles latter on, due to lack of the internal organs delivering nutrients and oxygen, or periods of poor physical condition due to rapid bone growth betwe muscular growth. chiss have a faster metabolism too... you could have lifelong thyroid issues, possibly causing great strain on the cardiovascular system.

man im glad i have lokin around, he'd see this as a neat project
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

Cythereal
05.01.2012 , 10:10 PM | #49
I'm not sure if my Agent counts as married or not (aside from being legally married to a Voss - if you're not an Agent, long story). She's a Chiss, and had a very nice romantic sequence with another Chiss on Hoth - Aristocra Saganu (note: Aristocra is a rank). Though they have yet to see each other again, Saganu sent her a letter telling her how he'd arranged for her to be inducted into his noble family in the Chiss aristocracy.

Then again, my Agent is legally dead at this point, but I like to imagine that my legacy Chiss Jedi Consular is their daughter, whom they managed to smuggle out of the Empire rather than be taken by the Sith.

Birna
05.02.2012 , 03:34 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalterien View Post
I just watched my RL partner's female Jedi shoot Doc down, I feel bad for that set of pixels
I sort of wanted to pick that just to see how he reacted but I couldn't bring myself to even fake shoot him down ... and also because I was worried I wouldn't hit escape fast enough to fix it. :P