Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Married or Engaged?

iamthehoyden
05.01.2012 , 03:34 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by elliotcat View Post
I'm waiting to have that conversation too and I am curious because I'm a Mirialan. Not sure if humans and Mirialans can have kids together.
If they can't have kids together, they talk about adopting. That's the way the femtrooper/Aric conversation runs.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Crezelle
05.01.2012 , 03:35 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
I adore him! He's just such a good guy, but practical and the back and forth between uber confident, flustered, and sweet is just delicious. And his voice...... ......... ......... and we'll leave it at that.
aric is the next on my MANagerie collection hit-list. i doubt his voice will top vector's, but he can try >:3
i used to own a bad***** orange cat that was all rough and tough, coming home from cat fights, bringing home football sized rats and even possums, one eye, half his tail missing, neutered, tattered ears, BB pellets imbedded in his flesh from when he was a kitten on a farm before he was rescued, one toe broken and set funny, but when it came to the ladies of the house, he was alllllll nose kissies and luffs. ohhh he gave the best nose kissies ( thats why i laugh at the fact she seems to kiss jorgan's nose... cats give good nose kissies )
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

Crezelle
05.01.2012 , 03:39 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
The thing I thought was particularly weird was the "legacy" conversation after marriage. Can anyone tell me if these conversations are the same even if you didn't romance your companion? It sounded to me like they basically gave you virtually the same conversation regardless of whether you romanced them or not, and the result is odd.

Both Corso and Vector said to me that they would defend/serve my legacy forever. And I was left there thinking, "Uh, you mean OUR legacy right?" Sheesh, do these guys really think my character's going to run off and have kids with other men after marrying them? Hey, I know Vector's not the jealous type and all - but even that's over the top.

At least with Corso my smuggler got the option to call him on his remark and have a tiny discussion about it. No such luck with Vector.

With my smuggler:
Spoiler
i know, right, i wish i had the chat option of my agent grabbing him by the collar, pulling him over so theyre brow-to-brow, and roaring " YOU GONNA GIVE ME BABIES! LOTS OF BABIESSSSSSS. NAO " and then drag him offscreen caveman style, whimpering.
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

iamthehoyden
05.01.2012 , 03:41 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Endigo View Post
LOL

Cute response.
30 levels. So not kidding. Had him maxed on affection without hardly any gifts by about level 30, and I started getting paranoid that I'd missed a conversation somewhere, screwed something up. Nope. Mr. I'll Growl At Jonas But Won't Flirt With You was just biding his time, watching my back-side, and making up his mind.

I will say I was looking at what little info there is about Cathar, and they're one of those races that is one mate for life. So, I'm guessing that he wouldn't be too worried about getting official documents cause to him it's a done deal.

I rather like that there's a variety of ways different couples deal with a permanent relationship based on their story and personalities and such. But we're not doing this decade-long engagement crap!!
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Hyfy
05.01.2012 , 04:35 PM | #25
Timothy Omundson
There ya go. For the life of me I couldn't remember his name.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

elliotcat
05.01.2012 , 04:35 PM | #26
If they can't have kids together, they talk about adopting. That's the way the femtrooper/Aric conversation runs.
I know, I'm curious whether I'll get the adoption talk or not, since so far I haven't found clear info on whether humans and Mirialans are genetically compatible.

Ebon Hawk: Latula // Elaeys // Raima // Jaea // Macara // Meulin // Damarra // Kanaaya

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"

DeutschGamer
05.01.2012 , 05:51 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by elliotcat View Post
I know, I'm curious whether I'll get the adoption talk or not, since so far I haven't found clear info on whether humans and Mirialans are genetically compatible.
Of course they can mate.
Its all the force's fault.

Corso is my sidekick..or more specifically that little monkey you dress up in a tux and sit in a corner to look interesting but in reality doesn't really do anything.

bright_ephemera
05.01.2012 , 05:57 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by DeutschGamer View Post
Of course they can mate.
It's possible to mate with a staggering variety of things that you aren't genetically/reproductively compatible with. I'm actually curious as to which pairings talk about adoption instead of biological children. My only marriage thus far was human/human.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

DeutschGamer
05.01.2012 , 05:59 PM | #29
I think all aliens get sorted into alien dialogue (adoption) while humans get the idea of having actual children, but this is a BW oversight. Twi'leks can reproduce with humans, near humans like Mirialans can reproduce with humans, even Zabrak and Sith can.

So blame BW for not having hulk babies, or just headcanon it correctly.
Its all the force's fault.

Corso is my sidekick..or more specifically that little monkey you dress up in a tux and sit in a corner to look interesting but in reality doesn't really do anything.

Crezelle
05.01.2012 , 06:11 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by DeutschGamer View Post
Of course they can mate.
(BIO NERD CHIMING IN)
dogs and goats can "mate" with each other, but thier DNA is too different to produce offspring. Some species are so diverse that sperm and egg are unable to even join without outside help ( like injecting the sperm inside the egg)
Other times, the embryo can't survive past a certain stage before it simply dies of misalligned genes, rejection by the mother's system, incompatable organ and system mixups, ect.
one of the biggest defining characteristics of a species appart from another, verses subspecies, strains, or breeds, is reproductive exclusion. Sometimes tho, you can hybridise with some sucess, but you will have sterile offspring ( mules) or compromised integrity of the animal ( ligers have gigantism, often harm the mother due to thier size from birthing, and have mental issues due to conflicting natures of the social lion and the solitary tiger.

in short- they can go thru " the motions" but nothing will come of it if the genetics are too different.