Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BioWare Customer Support Quality?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
BioWare Customer Support Quality?

Sindol
04.30.2012 , 01:33 PM | #1
Below is the response to my Bug Report that I sent in-game. I've always been fond of the responses that I've received, but I can't help but feel as though these responses are just fluff as of late. Especially considering the reply I got isn't even really specific to my particular Bug Report. On top of that, there's a typo. I hate to be nit picky, but I just feel as though my Bug Report wasn't taken seriously when I get a response like this.

Yes, I spent nearly 50 minutes waiting on this Jawa Balloon so I could get to these Datacrons, both of which are particularly important to MDPS. That's a rough estimate, I'm sure I spent more time if you include the actual ride up until the point where I was 'removed' from the Jawa Balloon. I never 'fell' off of the Jawa Balloon, it's not like I was running around and I all of a sudden fell down and died or anything. I hit the 'M' key to check and see how close I was to the location of the datacrons and I was no longer standing on the Jawa Balloon, I was standing on the surface of The Dune Sea.

Idk, I guess I'm just venting here. That said, I am a little disappointed with the way Bug Reports and tickets seem to be getting dealt with now that there are no in-game responses anymore... Or at least it seems that way. My past few have only been in the form of e-mail responses.. What's the point in submitting an in-game ticket if there is no in-game response?

I'm a big BioWare supporter and hope that this isn't an indicator of future of dealings with regards to the support team.

Quote:
Greetings Sindol,

I am Protocol Droid G1-U7, Human-Cyborg Relations.

I have recieved your transmission.

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Jawa Balloon concern, we're you tried to get the Datacron on Tatooine, but you fell on the ground.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused for the meantime, and we're pleased for your valuable feedback.

Your report has been forwarded to the development team, who will investigate further. Please be aware that when a ticket is escalated for such an investigation, it will no longer be visible to you through the in-game helpcenter.

As of now we regret that we will be unable to provide you with further updates on this matter, but would like to inform you that this issue will be solved as soon as possible time, rest assured that it will be fixed.

We really appreciate your time and patience despite this problem that is really unavoidable at present game experience.

Please feel free to visit and check future patch notes www.swtor.com/patchnotes for more for more information regarding the game.

We hope that you find this information helpful and we look forward to assisting you in the future and do not hesitate to report any other issues you may encounter while playing.

Galactic Support is our specialty...

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid G1-U7 (aka Saj)
Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service.
MAVIN
SQUAD LEADER
SPECTRE SQUAD

Demonwar
04.30.2012 , 01:48 PM | #2
It's a bug and you have reported it. Nothing more can be done at this stage. They didn't really need to even respond to it in my eyes.

Spelling errors happen to everyone, especially if they are in a high pressure environment,

Hughgo
04.30.2012 , 04:08 PM | #3
I have to agree the level of service isn't what I would expect. I can understand spelling errors, but the replies I have gotten were so bad I couldn't understand what they were saying the words were so mangled. I also got replies, with fixes for problems I didn't report, it felt like they didn't read what I wrote, just skimmed it and sent the "fix of the day".

rjkishida
04.30.2012 , 05:11 PM | #4
CS quality is the worst i have seen in any MMO (played 10+ about 1/2 PTP and 1/2 FTP). If you don't like it (and in fact, even if you do) you should take the CS survey at the bottom of the e-mail CS sends you.

With more feedback, CS will have to get better.

kmufc
04.30.2012 , 05:43 PM | #5
The support with this game is so bad, ive sent 2 tickets within last month and heard nothing back, this is wrong with a subscription paying game.

With the amount of money spent on this game you would have thought the CS would be decent, its not, its by far the worst for any MMORPG ive played.

Even Aion FTP you get a reply back within 2 days, Trion are another company who value there customers and answer there customers within a few days max, i could list many more.

There is no excuse the game has been live for 5 months now

But with EA in BW pockets i guess you expect bad CS, i dont think im ever going to buy a EA game ever again.

BW / EA dont give a monkeys about there customers

Koolthulu
04.30.2012 , 05:59 PM | #6
I've never had a company actually respond to a bug report. CS can't fix the bugs, they just send the report to the programmers, and that's what they told you they were doing. Not really sure what you are looking for here. They aren't going to update every single person with the current status of a bug fix. You won't get that kind of service in any game.

And complaining about typos. Really? You type a few hundred emails every day and see how well you do.

BW's customer service could be better, but I think some people just have unreasonable expectations.

Nuggzmom
04.30.2012 , 08:12 PM | #7
I have the answer!!!! Look at how the Customer Service rep ends his message...Galactic service is thier specialty. We need someone down here on earth for decent customer service. Most companies outsource to at least somewhere on this planet. Everyone knows there was nowhere in the war budget for customer service, both factions just hire a merc to assassinate the ones that fail.

Hughgo
05.01.2012 , 10:04 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Koolthulu View Post
I've never had a company actually respond to a bug report. CS can't fix the bugs, they just send the report to the programmers, and that's what they told you they were doing. Not really sure what you are looking for here. They aren't going to update every single person with the current status of a bug fix. You won't get that kind of service in any game.

And complaining about typos. Really? You type a few hundred emails every day and see how well you do.

BW's customer service could be better, but I think some people just have unreasonable expectations.
"wsat fr" is what they typed, I think they ment "wait for" typos I understand, but not even looking over what you send a customer isn't acceptable .

LeMage
05.01.2012 , 12:07 PM | #9
If ONLY typos were their only 'sin'. I've played games where it didnt seem like they cut and pasted your email with an I'm sorry <past here 1st line from your /bug rep> etc etc etc.

I have played in games where the CSRs were more knowledgable and tried to set things right - Even SOE's staff could give you an item you should have gotten but didn't b/c the game screwed up. They look up the logs say yep and away you go.

I still have a mission from December I cant abandon/finish or do anything with other than see it in my mission journal. /bugged it as soon as it failed.

As for never seeing hearing again about your bugreps I have played games when they have gotten back to me or asked for more information and YES even telling me that they were able to recreate the error and have a fix for it.

The luster is starting to wear off this MMO