Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Consular vs. Sith Asssassin (Storyline)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Jedi Consular vs. Sith Asssassin (Storyline)

Terrminator
04.30.2012 , 12:17 PM | #1
Hello. I originally rolled as a JC, but the story didn't appeal to me. So I started a SI. I immediately loved the story. I was planning on leveling my SI, but my friends told me the JC story gets better. Now I am torn between leveling my SI or my JC. Any ideas? Thanks.
Server: Space Slug
Tal'galar: Sith Sorcerer, level 17
Keran: Sith Warrior, level 28
Ilahur: Jedi Shadow, level 10

Technohic
04.30.2012 , 12:29 PM | #2
Do both at some point. Just do a Jedi Shadow and a Sith Sorcerer or flip that and do a Jedi Sage and a Sith Assassin.

Inquisitor story to me, was a lot of fun. Counselor, I felt/feel like it has a dumb voice. Like a Neo in the Matrix wannabe sound.

Tommot
04.30.2012 , 01:58 PM | #3
I cant stand the Consular either. Inquisitor has been really good so far (half way through Chapter 2). I really enjoy the "rise to power" theme.
Roswin - 50 Jedi Sentinel | Vaelin - 50 Sith Juggernaut | Kordis - 50 Sith Marauder | Vaelis - 50 Sith Assassin | Tylus - 50 Sniper
| Vint - 43 Mercenary | Kiden - 35 Vangaurd | Skavic - 22 Jedi Sage |

Knight_Marshal
04.30.2012 , 07:25 PM | #4
Consular story is what a Jedi is supposed to be.
Savior - Act 1
Diplomat - Act 2
Leader - Act 3

Gnanika
04.30.2012 , 10:59 PM | #5
The Jedi Consular's Chapter 1 is godawful. Like, seriously, I'd like to use a bunch of swear words to adequately communicate how painful it is, but BioWare is like NO, and it would just be a bunch of asteriks. But that works too, I guess, if you imagine the asterisks are like braille or something, and it would just say something like aaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaa aaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, which is kind of what you will be doing inside your mind as you play through it.

If you switched from the JC story (to ANYTHING), it's going to look amazing. In actuality, the SI story is almost the same -- it's just presented better, because (imo) Zash is more interesting than Yuon Par, and the fetch quests on each world are just different enough to not make you horribly impatient, whereas the JC story is literally comprised of almost nothing but OOPS JUST BARELY MISSED THAT PERSON YOU WERE LOOKING FOR moments, the 'mystery' is childish (you will have solved it by early Tatooine), and the Consular and his companions are pretty boring.

The JC story DOES pick up after Chapter 1. It took me months to build up the willpower to finish Chapter 1, but now I'm very interested in what's going on. It feels like what a Consular SHOULD be doing, instead of running around tackling an endless procession of Jedi Masters so you can suck Light Side Points out of their souls. I'd at least recommend finish Ch 1, and Balmorra, just to see if you like the change in flavor.

The SI story on the other hand, except for a few high spots, never really gets better. You may still like it, but remember not to play a Sith Warrior or Jedi Knight before you finish the class story, or you may get disillusioned. :P

erei
05.01.2012 , 02:10 PM | #6
JC storyline is horrible. I don't know if the inquisitor storyline is a good story, but it can't be more horrible. I hope.

Technohic
05.01.2012 , 02:14 PM | #7
Well; without spoiling the inquisitor story, I think if you look at the 3 chapters by your main objectives, just looking at the pieves it seems kind of dumb; but overall, it really is about building a power base as you go and I really enjoyed it.

In short:

piece by piece = dumb
big picture = good.

Jaerion
05.01.2012 , 02:18 PM | #8
I ran through the JC story first, from pre-launch until I finished it. It had some boring stretches and some kind of neat spots.

Then I ran a JK.
I cannot describe how much more fun I had. Could be it was a personal taste, but I've heard a lot of complaints similar to several of the previous posts, including the critique about the JC male voice actor.

Here's to hoping that there are plenty of people out there that like the story/actor a lot and just aren't posting, and that the rest of us get some content (even if it's optional) that gives us a more palatable storyline.

Still...even with these critiques, I'm glad I played through it. Hope there's eventually an AC-specific story eventually, so my Shadow can feel more...shadowy.
AAAAWWWWW YEEEEEAAAHH!!!

Jaerion
05.01.2012 , 02:20 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Knight_Marshal View Post
Consular story is what a Jedi is supposed to be.
Savior - Act 1
Diplomat - Act 2
Leader - Act 3
You're right on this one, for Act 1 especially. If there are any JC hero hopefuls out there, this is something they should be made aware of.
AAAAWWWWW YEEEEEAAAHH!!!

Technohic
05.01.2012 , 02:23 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaerion View Post
Still...even with these critiques, I'm glad I played through it. Hope there's eventually an AC-specific story eventually, so my Shadow can feel more...shadowy.
That would be cool. Would be nice if my assassin had quests that called for me sneaking in in order to get to my objective before popping out. On the flip side, I hated on my sniper when I ran into quests where they say "You will need to slip in undetected..." Pretty sure the first explosive probe and sniper rifle shots are not very stealthy at all and invalidated the need to slip in undetected.