Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting Annoyance...

05.02.2012 , 09:10 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by XLJedi View Post
Agreed, with the caveat that given the current server populations, I wouldn't bother to recommend that anyone go to the GTN as the solution for any problem... they will only end up thinking their search button is broken.
My GTN Search button IS broken. LOL

05.02.2012 , 09:24 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Torvasha View Post
The problem isn't I can't send off the companions - the issue is that you don't even get the option. If I'm lucky I have one 'moderate' mission (which maybe returns 2 gemstones) and one 'abundant' mission (which maybe returns 4). The rest are always companion gift missions. So I can only send out 1-2 companions - have too wait and hour - 'maybe' get what I needed and then send them out again. So I can craft 1 item in a 3 hour play period.

Having the same issue with Underworld Trading. I get 1 moderate metals mission for 49-50 2 or 3 abundant to rich fabric missions or 2 to 3 rich companion gift missions. It's stupid. Why am I getting fabric missions at all? I don't use the damn stuff and it doesn't sell worth a damn. Why all the damn companion gift missions? Not like I need the stuff, they are all maxed out. Then to top it off, all I get a Armormech and Synthweaving schematics. Go to the GTN and nothing for Cybertech other then ship mods and speeder bikes. ***! Who came up with this dumb *** resource gathering formula?

Crafting in this game needs a major overhaul. Was poorly thought out and is utterly useless at the end of the day. You can buy the same items or better from vendors and don't have to go to all the bother of doing the leg work.

05.02.2012 , 09:41 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Dayshadow View Post
Blue should definitely be the norm. I don't see the point in a set of greens spanning 7 levels? By the time you get a full set at , let's say 15, your belt and wrist slot is level 9? You will have better greens from random drops by 15.

Purples are a joke and imo exist for the truly obcessive. I get my blue schematic and I'm done. Why waste the time and resources for schematics that will be out of date in a few levels. Purples only make since for lvl 50 gear. And the whole redoubt, overkill critical thing annoys me too. Tank armor should only produce redoubt. DPS armor should onlt produce overkill and critical. And the amount of purple varients... jesus. The chance of you getting what you actually want are low.
I didn't realize you had to keep coming back to the trainer to learn new schematics. I remember having a full armour set of purple, craftable low level stuff at one point.
Best way to end Smuggler Act 1 is

You can't make up stuff like that.