Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting Annoyance...

XLJedi
04.30.2012 , 02:00 PM | #11
My only gripe is that I can't direct my comps to run more than one mission overnight. I would like to stack at least 4-5 of some of these things so I can get a decent quantity returned. ...and if they don't want to stack the things fine, but at least give us one or two missions in addition to the current ones that take like 12-16 hours to complete for some bigger payload results on overnight runs.

I do however, feel compelled to happily acknowledge that since 1.2 they do now allow me to have more than one comp crafting at a time! ...which is pretty huge for leveling your base craft quickly. THANK YOU!
Reelo (Jedi Guardian)
Server: Jedi Covenant (East Coast Time)
Guild: Starlords
Always willing to lend a hand to those who stop by my server and say hello!

Mordekiem
04.30.2012 , 02:28 PM | #12
Go to the GTN and buy some 340 TH missions. You get all sorts of stuff back. I am finding them on my server for 15-20K. and the stuff I get from them or make from the mats are more than enough to pay for itself. Usually I can make 2-4x the cost of the mission from the mats I get back. Crit craft a color crystal and I make even more.

As for missions I believe they refresh every 5 minutes or so. No need to zone or anything. I have had them pop up in between sending out companions.
-Mordekiem

XLJedi
04.30.2012 , 02:40 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Mordekiem View Post
Go to the GTN and buy some 340 TH missions. You get all sorts of stuff back. I am finding them on my server for 15-20K. and the stuff I get from them or make from the mats are more than enough to pay for itself. Usually I can make 2-4x the cost of the mission from the mats I get back. Crit craft a color crystal and I make even more.
Agreed, with the caveat that given the current server populations, I wouldn't bother to recommend that anyone go to the GTN as the solution for any problem... they will only end up thinking their search button is broken.
Reelo (Jedi Guardian)

FoomanShoo
04.30.2012 , 02:46 PM | #14
I think the annoyance is what keeps "everybody and their mother" from flooding the market and crashing the whole economy in game.

I'd rather support they keep resource rarity as it is

KrelosDarksky
04.30.2012 , 03:10 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Journeyer View Post
I'm afraid I can't agree here. You can send up to 5 companions off at a time, and with full affection and efficiency, an hour's wait returns a tremendous number of items. I have enough gemstones, in fact, that I have run out of room in my expanded cargo bay.

I'm not intending to suggest that every mission returns tons of stuff, or that obtaining tons of stuff is easy or cheap. But I'd like to offer the opinion that it's extremely possible to get lots and lots of stuff. I don't even play the market--I just run either 4 Ilum dailies (15 mins) *or* the new Corellia dailies (20 mins) most days (4-5 days per week) and use the $ for repairs and crew skill missions.

To put it another way, there's no reason that you need more than a few mats at a time; sending 3-5 companions off for various things will net you enough mats to make an item. If you want a stockpile, then it'd be pretty unhealthy for the game's fledgling economy to let you have it all at once. Patience and persistance will yield tremendous gains.
It doesn't do you ANY good to send 5 companions if you are farming crafting mats and your only options on the crewskills missions list are for COMPANION GIFTS.

Miss the point much?

And I don't know what you are crafting, but the high-end items I craft require a LOT more than just 1-2 <insertArtifact-rarityMaterial> and so I'm pretty well screwed if I try to make one .. much less two or three of an item.

FlyinSpaghetti
04.30.2012 , 03:49 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Valkirus View Post
Another example amoung many why the crafting in TOR is weak. I donot even bother with it anymore.
This is the thing, by time you gather and craft an item you can either find it by questing, drops or on the GTN which makes both gathering and crew missions for blue/purple items rather pointless.

What they should of done is made the crafting of (at least) blue items easier and less of a grind, a 50% RE success rate for a blue schematic would help. Also you should be able to craft unique items that you wouldn't find by questing, like mods with stats the quest ones don't have or even design your own mods with a number of stats points for that level, even naming it and selling as your own item.

Thirdly I think there should be some sort of forced tutorial you should get at level 10 to make sure you can actually gather and craft an item as well as a good point to start, the current one just tells you to go to a trainer but doesn't force you to craft. My first character I got to level 30 something without crafting which made it a pointless grind having to boost my crew skill stats up to my level.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

Dayshadow
04.30.2012 , 04:11 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
This is the thing, by time you gather and craft an item you can either find it by questing, drops or on the GTN which makes both gathering and crew missions for blue/purple items rather pointless.

What they should of done is made the crafting of (at least) blue items easier and less of a grind, a 50% RE success rate for a blue schematic would help. Also you should be able to craft unique items that you wouldn't find by questing, like mods with stats the quest ones don't have or even design your own mods with a number of stats points for that level, even naming it and selling as your own item.

Thirdly I think there should be some sort of forced tutorial you should get at level 10 to make sure you can actually gather and craft an item as well as a good point to start, the current one just tells you to go to a trainer but doesn't force you to craft. My first character I got to level 30 something without crafting which made it a pointless grind having to boost my crew skill stats up to my level.
Blue should definitely be the norm. I don't see the point in a set of greens spanning 7 levels? By the time you get a full set at , let's say 15, your belt and wrist slot is level 9? You will have better greens from random drops by 15.

Purples are a joke and imo exist for the truly obcessive. I get my blue schematic and I'm done. Why waste the time and resources for schematics that will be out of date in a few levels. Purples only make since for lvl 50 gear. And the whole redoubt, overkill critical thing annoys me too. Tank armor should only produce redoubt. DPS armor should onlt produce overkill and critical. And the amount of purple varients... jesus. The chance of you getting what you actually want are low.
(▀▀▀▀!(Θ)!▀▀▀▀!!(████████████████████)

Dayshadow
04.30.2012 , 04:14 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by XLJedi View Post
My only gripe is that I can't direct my comps to run more than one mission overnight. I would like to stack at least 4-5 of some of these things so I can get a decent quantity returned. ...and if they don't want to stack the things fine, but at least give us one or two missions in addition to the current ones that take like 12-16 hours to complete for some bigger payload results on overnight runs.

I do however, feel compelled to happily acknowledge that since 1.2 they do now allow me to have more than one comp crafting at a time! ...which is pretty huge for leveling your base craft quickly. THANK YOU!
You could always craft with more than 1 companion.

Allowing you to send items to different faction alts is the big gift. There was no way I was raising a crew mission (the ones you can't harvest via nodes) on multiple toons.
(▀▀▀▀!(Θ)!▀▀▀▀!!(████████████████████)

XLJedi
05.01.2012 , 07:31 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Dayshadow View Post
You could always craft with more than 1 companion.
DOH! How did I not notice that! ...ah well.
Reelo (Jedi Guardian)

psandak
05.01.2012 , 09:43 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Dayshadow View Post
Blue should definitely be the norm. I don't see the point in a set of greens spanning 7 levels? By the time you get a full set at , let's say 15, your belt and wrist slot is level 9? You will have better greens from random drops by 15.

Purples are a joke and imo exist for the truly obcessive. I get my blue schematic and I'm done. Why waste the time and resources for schematics that will be out of date in a few levels. Purples only make since for lvl 50 gear. And the whole redoubt, overkill critical thing annoys me too. Tank armor should only produce redoubt. DPS armor should onlt produce overkill and critical. And the amount of purple varients... jesus. The chance of you getting what you actually want are low.
If you are like me though you work your crew skills to be just above your level. This makes it so that you get a green schematic, you RE for the blue and then the purple so that when you hit the level requirement it's ready to go. Granted this takes a significant amount of credits, but not so much as to be prohibitive. And that one purple you get will last a LONG time; on one character, I have yet to find a better item to replace a level 39 purple and I just hit 50; even the orange one I have sitting in my cargo waiting for better enhancements.