Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pre 1.2 Set Bonus Shells

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Pre 1.2 Set Bonus Shells

NeoRinTinTin
04.29.2012 , 10:34 PM | #1
I know that Rakata and Battlemaster set bonuses don't carry over to new shells, but does that mean I can put Battlemaster armoring into a Rakata shell and still keep the Rakata bonus?

What if I put a War Hero armoring in?

Rafkin
04.29.2012 , 11:01 PM | #2
No, they made this "feature" as useless as possible.

VicSkimmr
04.30.2012 , 07:00 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
No, they made this "feature" as useless as possible.
Are you sure? Because from what they've said his idea should* work.

They said you couldn't transfer set bonuses from T1 items and that the set bonus would be tied to the shell. But theoretically, you should be able to pull battlemaster mods out and put them in a rakata piece, giving you the pvp stats and pve set bonuses. Theoretically.

If you put War Hero mods in you'll get the War Hero set bonuses.

*as always, may not work even though it seems like it should
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

dingwog
05.02.2012 , 07:47 AM | #4
Yes that is exactly what this means. Pre 1.2 mods, ie. Armoring, Mods, Enhancements, do not carry any bonus on the mod. Pre 1.2 shells, ie. Rakata, Columi, Tionese, carry the Set Bonus on the shell itself. This means you can take mods out of Battlemaster gear and slot it in your Rakata gear and gain the expertise stats but still keep the Rakata bonus found on the shell.

Post 1.2 gear with Set Bonus, ie. Campaign & War Hero, do not have the Set Bonus on the shell but rather on the Armoring mod itself. The Set Bonus found on these Armoring mods also overwrites any pre-1.2 Set Bonus. In addition these Armoring mods can only be slotted in like gear, ie. Campaign Chest Armoring can only be moved to a Chest shell. What this means is you can take Chest Armoring out of your War Hero Chest shell and slot it in your Rakata shell and the set bonus will overwrite the Rakata Set Bonus.

Hope this helps.