Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Barrage/Curtain of Fire Bugged, not applying 25% more damage to Unload/Full Auto

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Barrage/Curtain of Fire Bugged, not applying 25% more damage to Unload/Full Auto

Arzoo
05.02.2012 , 11:51 AM | #11
Tonight I'll grab some guildies (we run 3 commandos in ops!) and have us all sit in front of the dummy to test full auto crits; shouldn't require any respec shenanigans since we can just compare normal hit damage vs. crit damage. I'm not a big fan of recording things rigorously so I'll just be looking at ballpark numbers for normal hits vs. crits and seeing if they are consistent with ~75% multiplier or ~105% multiplier.

ZucriyLyhdnamm
05.02.2012 , 12:43 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Hooya View Post
Original Thread from the Merc forums: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=436456
It appears as if the Curtain of fire proc is not adding 25% more damage to Full Auto.

I think we should have more Commandos also do testing to confirm the issue.
Tested this as Commando, there is not a problem with curtain of fire. Extensive tests on a dummy show that there is in fact no problem with curtain of fire, the damage buff is there as well as the proper chance to reset.

However, Deadly Cannon (+30% crit damage to full auto/demo round) is in fact broken. It applies the +30% to Demo round properly, but Full Auto is not receiving any bonus to crit damage, it only deals bonus equal to your surge.

Edit: Posted this without first reading the first page posts... Glad to see others have tested this just as I have. I will post in general and link to this thread, hopefully Dev's get us a fix ASAP.
A disturbance in the force... Its like thousands of trolls cried out at once, and then were silenced. 12/20/11. Long live SWTOR.
Aridhol Tarlnir the Infernal/Unyielding of Frogdogs, Dark Reaper. For the Republic!

Arzoo
05.02.2012 , 02:47 PM | #13
Sat in front of the dummy for quite a while. Was seeing full auto crits consistently below 2k, despite the normal hits NEVER-EVER going below 1k, and typically hitting at around 1200. With my 74.8% surge bonus full auto should be critting higher... about 30% higher. Fancy that.

Dr_Extreme
05.03.2012 , 03:55 PM | #14
did anyone of you observe ammo-ticks from the "cell charger" talent while using full auto?

because i do not recognise them, after hitting critically with full auto. i works fine wth the rounds.

i reported it as a bug severel days ago.

Arzoo
05.03.2012 , 08:52 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Dr_Extreme View Post
did anyone of you observe ammo-ticks from the "cell charger" talent while using full auto?

because i do not recognise them, after hitting critically with full auto. i works fine wth the rounds.

Works fine for me.

Seanzz
05.05.2012 , 03:48 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Dr_Extreme View Post

I observed the same issue too. Below is a combat that i have seen that may be showing this issue.

The below rotation are used:
Hammershot
Hammershot
Full Auto(last shot critted)
Grav Round(Crit and gain 1 ammo back)

2 hammershot were used first so i'm sure that cell charger was not on internal cooldown(3s) and then critted on the last shot of full auto which should refund 1 ammo due to cell charger but there was no mention of gaining an ammo in the log. Proceed to cast a Grav round and got a crit and 1 ammo gained. If the last crit shot of full auto actually gain an ammo but was not shown in the log, We should not be able to gain an ammo back on the following grav round crit as cell charger will be on internal cooldown if the full auto crit indeed refund an ammo but wasn't shown in the combat log.

Combat Log
Spoiler

Dr_Extreme
05.06.2012 , 04:40 AM | #17
well ... your log proves my concerns.

yet another bug that we found.

thank you very much.

deadandburied
05.06.2012 , 07:09 PM | #18
With 2 points into Cell Charger talent. I can confirm that Full Auto does NOT provide any ammo return. See my broken down combat log below. And oddly 1 crit Grav Round and 1 crit Demolition Round did not provide any ammo return and both were well outside of 3 seconds. I listed every ammo restore.

Spoiler

BobaFaceroll
05.06.2012 , 09:58 PM | #19
If it's truly bugged that would go a long way towards explaining why I feel so ammo starved of late. I'll break out a parser tomorrow if I can find some spare time and check as well.

Arzoo
05.06.2012 , 10:46 PM | #20
Is it possible that cell charger calculates from the attack begins rather than when it actually hits (which is when the log would post the time). Maybe that could be causing this?