Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Assassin deception pve dps needs big buff

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Assassin deception pve dps needs big buff

Citywok
04.30.2012 , 02:19 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Exiled-Phoenix View Post
You obviously havn't done a parse against a maurauder.
I have the same stats as you do and sounds like the same damages, but you will parse around 1000-1300 dps while a maurader will parse at 1500-2000.
Exactly!!!!!
It was embarrassing the other night in Denova reading the DPS meter because a really good Marauder in my guild did 200,000 more damage than me over the course of a long boss fight. It makes me look like a bad player when there is absolutely nothing I can do to compare.

Blyter
04.30.2012 , 03:07 PM | #12
Okay lets get a few things straight here, Marauders are a pure DPS class. They have only DPS specs. Only one of their specs pulls really high dps in comparison to everything else.

Your playing the weakest PvE spec, and asking for buffs. Really? Learn to play Madness if you want maximum PvE DPS. Deception isn't designed for that.

A Marauder should do more DPS then you, it's all he's got. He can't taunt and offtank, he can't stealth resurrect. He just stands there an deals damage.

You want all the versatility that Assassin brings, and the highest DPS available?

Our DPS is right in line with all other hybrids(Sorcs/Mercs/Ops) etc. If your getting outdps'd by everyone, the issue lies between the chair and the computer not the class.
Captain Blyter
A Special Snowflake
The Harbinger

Sybx
04.30.2012 , 03:23 PM | #13
It's not like Madness is difficult to play either. The only benefits Deception have over Madness is:
1) They don't use DoTs, so they are able to vanish and OOC rez immediately. Madness has to wait for DoTs to fall off.
2) They have shiny abilities. C'mon, Voltaic Slash looks awesome. :P

Madness has overall higher DPS throughput even when switching targets and movement situations but doesn't have the burst of Deception. I am usually top 3 in my 16 man raid group along with our Powertech DPS and Lethality Sniper while being responsible for calling out mechanics, performing mechanics, interrupting, and nerdraging at melee who stand in stuff.

In regards to defensive cooldowns and damage reduction abilities, Madness has nice health return and quite a bit of passive damage mitigation through talents (Sith Defiance, Corrupted Flesh, Parasitism). Plus we're still able to use Force Shroud. Deflection is useless whether you're Madness or Deception because it only increases defenses (which we have zero aside from base) rather than provide damage reduction.

I'd like to see an overall AoE damage buff. :] Make Lacerate not terrible!

TL;DR - Roll Madness and be worshipped for your amazing DPS. <3
16 Man - 10/10 Nightmare // 4/4 Hard
Innuendo - Madness Assassin // Kellen - Arsenal Mercenary

Citywok
04.30.2012 , 03:36 PM | #14
So your answer to the melee dps spec of assassin not being viable is to forget it and stop complaining and switch to the shared tree? Right....

Deception is meant to be the primary melee DPS spec no matter what you say. Madness is not this huge DPS buff like you seem to think it is. The DPS numbers end up being about the same. From the beginning Assassin was supposed to be a high dps burst spec, low armor class. Both of you are wrong when you say that Madness is the proper DPS spec because numbers are about the same. Bioware failed to deliver on what this class was supposed to be. Don't sit here and tell me that Marauders are supposed to do double the DPS I am. You don't think the multiple sins in my guild have tested madness?
I don't think you've tested the meters because both of you are flat out wrong. I don't care how big your epeen is, you are not going to do DPS comparable to most other specs. Any well geared sniper, merc, marauder, op, or sorc who actually is really good at their class is going to do a lot more than you.

Pinkspawn
04.30.2012 , 05:49 PM | #15
When you get about 850 power like some people I know, you won't be complaining(as much) about how bad it is.

Citywok
04.30.2012 , 06:51 PM | #16
The Marauders and Mercs of the world will continue to build up power also, so the gap still remains

ForeverYoung
04.30.2012 , 07:43 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Citywok View Post
Deception raid dps is probably worst in the game right now. .
I would say concealment operative
Vio'letta / Jyuo @ Tomb of Freedom Nadd PVP EU

Osirys
04.30.2012 , 08:06 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Citywok View Post
Exactly!!!!!
It was embarrassing the other night in Denova reading the DPS meter because a really good Marauder in my guild did 200,000 more damage than me over the course of a long boss fight. It makes me look like a bad player when there is absolutely nothing I can do to compare.
^ This. Except I'm currently being out DPSed by a dps specced Powertech who is currently doing twice as much DPS as I am able to do and there's nothing I can do about it.

What's worse is I'm in full Rakata and the powertech is not! Terrible!

DemonJin
04.30.2012 , 10:56 PM | #19
i agree with all of u that deception pve needs a bigger buff. But look at the three specs, u got darkness (tanking), deception (imo more for pvp) and then madness (which is dots, and come on when has dots not been good in pve no matter what game your playing). Although i wouldnt agree with that were that bad either. Now im an avid pvper over being pve type guy so my pve gear isnt the best, its just columi and rakata but i still pull threat from our tanks and hes in all rakata and black hole gear. But you can argue well maybe the tank sucks, and thats a possibilty too. However i believe its what u make of it. If you think you are not doing enuf dmg, then switch out ur mods for more power, get as much of it as u can. I run using the pvp chain shock spec(only cuz i dont wanna spend a fortune everytime i switch specs) but our spec wasnt designed to do sustained dps. Were meant to be burst, so ya your overall dps will be lower than most but when we go thru our burst times, look at the parser then and be amazed at what ur pulling. In the end you play with what you like the most, if u like deception play deception, and same goes for madness. One person (for the most part) wont determine the end result of whether you defeat a boss or not, its a team effort for a reason. So try not to worry bout it and just have fun with you class.

BulldogzLife
05.01.2012 , 03:05 AM | #20
The arguement that full dps classes should do significantly more damage than one that has the option of respeccing into a tank or healer is rediculous. They should be balanced to be within 5% of each other. As a deception Assassin, you aren't going to suddenly switch into tank stance and be equal to a regular tank.

It comes down to look at what a Marauder can bring vs a deception Assassin. So maybe ~150dps more (which is huge) for equally geared characters, not to mention the Marauder is also providing raid wide buffs in the form of 15% more damage, raid healing with beserk, and movement speed/defense boost with predation. That utility should be the only bonus the Marauder brings at most, with the Assassin doing EQUAL dps.