Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

>> All Crew Skill Markets = Dead | Constructive Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
>> All Crew Skill Markets = Dead | Constructive Feedback

Kzarc's Avatar


Kzarc
04.29.2012 , 05:35 AM | #11
Excellent ideas, good sir.

I hope people are taking notes, I know I am!

DkSharktooth's Avatar


DkSharktooth
04.29.2012 , 06:26 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Kzarc View Post
Imo, the problems with weak economies across servers stems from 3 things:

1. Not enough rare schematics. Far too many people have access to the same schematics. We need to see a serverly sharp drop in the amount of schematics that drop both from crew missions and ops, and more (or perhaps less? ) rare random world drops. Might be a little late at this point, but moving forward many of these need to be harder to obtain. If everyone continues to have them due to ease to obtain, then prices will continue to hover just over vendor prices as people undercut each other to the detriment of all.

2. "Why should I buy X item, when I can get it from missions/vendors?" As an example, being able to obtain things such as armor/weapon mods or gear for planet coms, or from heroic missions, hurts everything pre-OPs. It is a great convenience.. but at the cost of hosing crafters. I can think of a couple of the heroic daily missions giving away BoE mods, which at this point tend to find thier way on to the GTN, being sold for less than the mats cost for the respective crew skill to make them, and took all of 5 minutes to run the mission... I mean really? At the very least, things like this need to be BoP. (Rakghoul event is a great example: Pets were BoP (perfect!) but crystals were BoE!? Sorry artificers.)

3. Chance to learn on RE needs to be lower. I know this one will ruffle the feathers of the truely casual player, but this goes back to everyone having the same schematics... and no one making creds off of them.

This is pretty much how Im seeing crafting go south day by day..

As a side note, so far as people not having money, nothing personal.. but thats just a touch of laziness. Each day you run a full set of dailies (Black Hole, Belsavis, Ilum, and the top 2 space missions) will easily net you over 300k after vendoring drops up to and including blues (assuming you dont need that gear, of course). Even if you only have time to run 1 set a week, or even 1 planet a day, you should still be making money unless your throwing it away.. especially after Bio lowered the repair costs radically. Things like re-mods might be a bit costly up front, but once you get your gear as you like it, your not gonna be re-modding often after that. 1 piece maybe, with some spot modding assuming you want to keep your set bonus.. so just do your dailies!
I agree with your point of view except for the last paragraph. Alot of people do have money, but refuse to spend it. One reason being that there is nothing USEFUL to spend it on besides cosmetics like a different armor appearance/color crystal. You should not have to run dailies all day just to get credits. I personally have not run a daily (excluding black hole weekly) in about 3 months and my bank is fine because I have nothing useful to spend it on. The problem is that the prices have dropped so much on the GTN for crew all crew skills across the board to the point where you cannot make money at it anymore and new crafting items need to be released with each new tier of operation or gear.

DkSharktooth's Avatar


DkSharktooth
04.29.2012 , 06:29 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Isxossk View Post
Do you think the GTN "any" bug has anything to do with this? It seems to me that this might be magnifying the problems you've listed above.
It will only affect some "new" players who rarely ever used the GTN, in which it seems like they won't have much money to spend at all based on that. Everyone who really wants to check the GTN has already figured out that you have to pick the rarity of the item you want before pressing search.

Kzarc's Avatar


Kzarc
04.29.2012 , 07:06 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DkSharktooth View Post
I agree with your point of view except for the last paragraph. Alot of people do have money, but refuse to spend it. One reason being that there is nothing USEFUL to spend it on besides cosmetics like a different armor appearance/color crystal. You should not have to run dailies all day just to get credits. I personally have not run a daily (excluding black hole weekly) in about 3 months and my bank is fine because I have nothing useful to spend it on. The problem is that the prices have dropped so much on the GTN for crew all crew skills across the board to the point where you cannot make money at it anymore and new crafting items need to be released with each new tier of operation or gear.
I do agree, there isn't much to spend creds on that are player made at this time, unless your gunning for columi level mods (24s i think they are), pehaps a cybertech vehicle, or as you said items for asthetics. There are still a number of items non-player made to blow some creds on though, much of it fluff. But as was posted earlier, you can pick up items to RE off daily vendors and from the new tier gear. Definitely a rough grind for a non-raider, but doable. And we will start to see this stuff make its way into the market quite soon I'm sure. At the moment lower end crafters and folks not up for that grind are kinda hosed, no doubt. New stuff is there for top end, lower end really needs the rares I keep harping on though.

I know it was a bit OT and I probably shouldn't have posted it here, but since it was mentioned I ran with it. Dailies aren't the only means of picking up creds, just arguably one of the quicker (and perhaps tedious) ways outside the GTN once you get a good rhythm.. but thats not crew skills and OT.. we can agree to disagree.

Crommi's Avatar


Crommi
04.29.2012 , 09:13 AM | #15
While I don't think top-tier PvE mods should be craftable at all, there is still plenty of things that could be fixed without pissing off the playerbase.

One of the problems I've seen is that most people are actually barely making by, we still have people having to borrow money for repairs and cannot afford augments (even when I'm crafting them for guildies without making profit). As for me, even before 1.2 augment boom, I was doing well and for first few weeks after 1.2 I felt like Uncle Scrooge but most other crafters in my guild didn't seem to take advantage of the situation. Now the prices have settled down for the most part we're talking about 20-50k profit per item, whether it be augmented piece of custom gear or augments themselfves. There's plenty of competition by now and GTN mechanics favor those who can post same item multiple times to keep matching lowest bids, players with less resources can't really afford to do that because you won't really make money if you keep cancelling and reposting due to high deposit cost that you only get back if auction expires.

My idea for helping the economy is to give oppoturnities to those players who do not have the knowledge/crafting to start trading or crafting. Think about other MMOs, what is usually the easiest way for new players to earn money and doesn't require any investment, just time? I'm talking about resource gathering of course. Currently the way SWTOR gathering is implemented is that vast majority of crafting resources are generated by crafters themself and there's no reason to go out there and gather resource nodes because the yield is so small. And because the gathering is not worth it, there's not enough suppliers to bring prices down to the level where crafters would rather buy them directly than wait 25min for crew skill missions. Just from top of my head, two things that could help is to either increase the node yield so that it would be worth putting in the extra work and gather the materials by yourself or there could be some additional crafting reagents that you can only get from common resource nodes, this would give real reason for people to go gathering and all those other materials they get on the side would end up on the market.

I guess the bottom line is, most people will never be able to support themselves with crew skills and they need other avenues rather than just few daily missions.