Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stuck on updating launcher -fixed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Stuck on updating launcher -fixed
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

blooddodo
04.28.2012 , 03:08 PM | #1
Half an hour ago the networking icon went crossed like when there is no connection, so I closed the game and tested my connection. Both skype and my browser worked like a charm, so I tried to launch the game again. The launcher showed up all black and unresponsive so I closed it again and ran FixLauncher.
Then I started it again, logged in and got to The Launcher is being updated. Please wait... It's been like this for 15 minutes now, and it's not a problem with my internet.
You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?
dA gallery

Beesodd
04.28.2012 , 03:15 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Blooddodo,

Please remove and re-add the game and launcher from your antivirus and firewall exceptions list. Then try renaming the launcher to launcherabc, and run the launcher again.

If this does not work, please check if there's a folder named "patch" in the game folder, if so delete this and run the fixlauncher again.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

blooddodo
04.28.2012 , 03:39 PM | #3
I did both things you suggested but it keeps wanting to update something. The Patch folder appears whenever I run the launcher and immediately after that "patcher_-1to57" folder.

Well, it took forever but it patched and fixed itself. Thanks for the help
You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?
dA gallery

Beesodd
04.28.2012 , 03:51 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for getting back to me, and it's great to hear that the problem was fixed.

Let us know if you need any help in future.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.