Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where do Imperial officers train?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Where do Imperial officers train?

bright_ephemera
04.28.2012 , 01:46 PM | #1
So...I can't navigate general Star Wars lore sites without getting lost in movies-era stuff. Does anybody say, in game or out, where Imperial military officers would've been trained in TOR's era? I'm just curious where we're teaching all these people their stuff.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

DarthAsphyx
04.28.2012 , 02:12 PM | #2
I think the main training is on Dromund Kaas but before they get there they have some sort of a primary training somewhere else.

Anysao
04.28.2012 , 02:16 PM | #3
Ever play an agent? Hutta, of course.

Kidding. Most likely somewhere on dromund kaas, in a military base, or maybe it's hands-on, like maybe on balmorra.
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.
You cannot escape the Moonbanger!The Ebon Hawk Starfighter Enthusiast.

jgelling
04.28.2012 , 03:54 PM | #4
I thought they were hatched fully formed and quickly grow into their scales?

DarthAsphyx
05.01.2012 , 02:22 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Anysao View Post
Ever play an agent? Hutta, of course.

Kidding. Most likely somewhere on dromund kaas, in a military base, or maybe it's hands-on, like maybe on balmorra.
I doubt Balmorra, they only took it in the war and it was still a conquested territory.

Boyana
05.01.2012 , 02:38 AM | #6
Well, I think it is on Dromund Kaas. When talking about someones life it usually says "he/she then went to Dromund Kaas to improve his/hers skills". Also, before they even reach Dromund they have to prove they are worth training.

Maaaybe, they apply for the job (), they get some tasks and if they menage to survive or complete those, they are allowed to come to Dromund Kaas and train.

Oh, this is my opinion only.

bright_ephemera
05.01.2012 , 05:34 AM | #7
I'm forced to wonder a) how long ago the Empire started its "bursting onto the scene" campaign and b) how many Outer Rim planets they had facilities on before then. Did they have to train on some fleet beyond the Outer Rim, or did they already have a planetside academy somewhere?

Dromund Kaas doesn't seem to have much in the way of infrastructure - even Kaas City is still under construction since the Sith return there.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Darth_Moonshadow
05.01.2012 , 06:05 AM | #8
At the gym, duh!
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

MCerberus
05.01.2012 , 10:17 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
I'm forced to wonder a) how long ago the Empire started its "bursting onto the scene" campaign and b) how many Outer Rim planets they had facilities on before then. Did they have to train on some fleet beyond the Outer Rim, or did they already have a planetside academy somewhere?

Dromund Kaas doesn't seem to have much in the way of infrastructure - even Kaas City is still under construction since the Sith return there.
I'd like to at this point out that Ziost would make a good planet to have a large military presence.
Self-referential metasig #524789