Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR has stopped working ?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Axolipher
04.29.2012 , 04:40 AM | #11 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Zhifux View Post
there u go.

Greetings Zhifux,

Would you please be able to attempt the work around I posted above in regards to transferring any large amounts of crafting materials to another alternative character.

Thank You.

Axolipher | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

chainless
04.29.2012 , 05:50 AM | #12
Same here, never had this before but its 3rd time today i get this, CTD.

BEX
swtor.exe
4f98ba8b
StackHash_0a9e
4470696c
c0000005
0a9e
0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
0a9e
: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
One game to rule them all.. SWG early days... RIP

EU-Chimaera

Zhifux
04.29.2012 , 06:24 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Axolipher View Post
Greetings Zhifux,

Would you please be able to attempt the work around I posted above in regards to transferring any large amounts of crafting materials to another alternative character.

Thank You.
im not sure if that fixed my problem yet because i didint have more time than run 3 wz atm and game didint shut down. for last 4 days game normaly shut down after max 2 war zones. if i go play later more i will post again what if it still happens or not. (i had 2 pages full of missions in bank and bag full. sold / send alt / guild bank them)

JFKdj
04.29.2012 , 07:09 AM | #14
It happened 3 times a few days ago, worked fine, now this is the first time today it's done this.

Spoiler

Axolipher
04.29.2012 , 07:43 AM | #15 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Zhifux View Post
im not sure if that fixed my problem yet because i didint have more time than run 3 wz atm and game didint shut down. for last 4 days game normaly shut down after max 2 war zones. if i go play later more i will post again what if it still happens or not. (i had 2 pages full of missions in bank and bag full. sold / send alt / guild bank them)
Greetings Zhifux,

I'm glad to hear this has worked for you. I would recommend any other players with this issue attempt the work around I've listed to see if this fixes their issue.

Thank You.

Linucs
04.29.2012 , 07:52 AM | #16
transferring all crafting mats to an alt did the trick for me, been playing for like 5hrs now without crashes. Still hope the fix will happen soon cause having to choose between leveling my crafting skill or playing without being disconnected every 10 mins is NOT an acceptable tradeoff for a game i pay 15$/month to play on.

Oneth
04.29.2012 , 08:01 AM | #17
I crash on any toon, including a level 15 with a few mats they have scavenged, grade 1 only. So it's not just an issue of too many crafting mats, as I don't have that problem and I still crash anywhere from 2-20 minutes of playtime on any toon.

Axolipher
04.29.2012 , 08:33 AM | #18 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Oneth View Post
I crash on any toon, including a level 15 with a few mats they have scavenged, grade 1 only. So it's not just an issue of too many crafting mats, as I don't have that problem and I still crash anywhere from 2-20 minutes of playtime on any toon.
Greetings Oneth,

If you have attempted the crafting materials fix and found that it has not helped then there is another option. We are aware of this issue occurring for some people based on a diskcache issue, as such deleting this cache may fix the issue you are experiencing. You should be able to find the cache if you navigate to the following (If installed in the default location):
Windows 32 Bit: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Bioware\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor
Windows 64 Bit:C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Bioware\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor
In this directory if there is a file called "DiskCacheArena" then please delete it and attempt to re-run your client.

Thank You.

Zhifux
04.29.2012 , 08:40 AM | #19
i have still that game shutting down problem but its only like 1 time in 1 hour. anything else that i should try ?
allready run repair from client didint help and i updated my drivers and i have deleted catche.

Zhifux
04.29.2012 , 12:45 PM | #20
guys is this "swtor stopped working" thing hapend only when u enter or leave warzone because i have started to think so. reason for that is i was boosting my friend in hm fps we run esseles / taral / maelstrom prison and 0 shut downs and after that i enter war zone and when i was leaving it game stopped working in loading screen. for me it looks like when i do pve i dont have problems but when i go play pvp game stop working in loading screen.