Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Body type preferred for each class.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Body type preferred for each class.

Mutive
06.08.2012 , 03:58 PM | #21
I personally think that 1 looks ridiculous for both genders (as though they have an eating disorder) and that 3 looks equally silly (as though they're popping steroids).

2 works for me in general, but looks a bit flimsy for characters in heavy armor (trooper and bounty hunter). I like 4 for female characters, although I had to re-roll a twi'lek as between the lekku and the very curvy figure there was...just a lot going on. (And, yes, I am a girl. But seriously...roll one. There's a lot going on.) 4 for male though looks kind of silly to me. He's so heavy that he just doesn't work in my mind as a super fit heroic type. (I love it for NPCs, though.)

Halkyon
06.09.2012 , 01:06 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Mutive View Post
4 for male though looks kind of silly to me. He's so heavy that he just doesn't work in my mind as a super fit heroic type. (I love it for NPCs, though.)
Pff, you don't need to be fit to be a hero! Have you not seen Megas XLR?!

For knight I think type 2 makes the mots sense, since it's a youthful "skywalker" kind of a voice. I made a type 3 burly scotsman type and was... taken aback the first time he spoke in this kinda soft, nasally youthful voice.

HeavensTerror
06.09.2012 , 01:18 AM | #23
Almost all my classes are one.

Anorexia ftw. lol
The Bastion Forerunner legacy
Ionenla Gunslinger
Twileky Sentinel
Lonenla Vanguard

Celise
06.09.2012 , 05:13 AM | #24
i dont touch body type 3/4 at all on women, there are really less then good looking faces on the female side and choosing body 3? even the better looking faces look bad with that body type. and a body type 3 woman looks like a man from behind anyway. type 4 body, i can just imagine the sterotype "does my butt look big in this?" the answer is yes in every case.

the body type 3 on a man looks really wierd especially with the massive nose the long face and the huge hands. i tend to avoid that body type if possible, 1/2 and 4 are okay though.

as for specific class, its pointless asking, each person has their own styles and tastes.

Flyceratops
06.09.2012 , 08:20 PM | #25
My Gunslinger is body type 1 (male); the armor looks fine. I noticed, when looking at the Smuggler legacy armor vendor, though, that it looked pretty stretched and/or pixel-y on my body type 3 commando (also male).

My Inquisitor feels to me like his armor would be stretched/pixey on body type 4, but would probably be fine on type 3; though he's body type 2.
The <Sand Panthers> Guild is now recruiting all Rep levels/classes on The Ebon Hawk!
We are a guild focused on RPing and ops, with the goal of having a welcoming, relaxed atmosphere with as few rules as possible, allowing for reasonable freedom of expression in a mature environment.

Frogelating
06.10.2012 , 01:04 AM | #26
This is a silly question, body type 4 is obviously the superior one for all classes and races. It exemplifies the values of grace, beauty and even truth in physical form. You want proof? Every time I log in and see someone in one of the other body types, my heart sinks through several layers of insulation until it locates my toes. Then I have to stop for a few seconds as tears obscure my vision. The missed potential of each of these players is excruciating. Then I think to myself, "if only I had spread the truth sooner I could have saved everyone so much trouble and torment". If you disagree with me it's only because the armor designs are bad for some high level male characters.

TLDR: Body Type 4 is the superior and enlightened choice for the aspiring young male character.

-Baken Operative of Nadds

Diplomaticus
06.10.2012 , 07:00 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Frogelating View Post
This is a silly question, body type 4 is obviously the superior one for all classes and races. It exemplifies the values of grace, beauty and even truth in physical form. You want proof? Every time I log in and see someone in one of the other body types, my heart sinks through several layers of insulation until it locates my toes. Then I have to stop for a few seconds as tears obscure my vision. The missed potential of each of these players is excruciating. Then I think to myself, "if only I had spread the truth sooner I could have saved everyone so much trouble and torment". If you disagree with me it's only because the armor designs are bad for some high level male characters.

TLDR: Body Type 4 is the superior and enlightened choice for the aspiring young male character.

-Baken Operative of Nadds
Suitable avatar you've got there!

Helig
06.10.2012 , 02:24 PM | #28
I tend to keep to Type 2 on most of my characters, since it seems to be the most "normal" one. There are "deviations", though.

Body type 3 male Vanguards, PTs and Juggernauts seem to look just right.

Body type 1 female would rather fit an Inquisitor, I think.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

ProsaicProse
06.10.2012 , 02:53 PM | #29
I also prefer type 2. I can't stand the type 3 though, despite how popular it is. Never was into the macho-burly-man syndrome.

Emanrahc
06.10.2012 , 03:41 PM | #30
Body type 2 looks good for everything.

I do have a type 4 male smuggler, just because having a big fat guy diving and rolling around seemed hilarious. I also have a Type 4 male twi'lek Inquisitor because he just looks so increadibly sleazy.

I created a type 3 bounty hunter, who looks like a real hard-case, although I then decided that having a small guy doing teh same stuff could seem even more vicious, so I rerolled type 1, but thought he looked like a kid, so went for type 2. I may go back to type 3, because it seems to fit the voice acting better.

I have a type 3 jedi knight, but the body size + face combination makes him look like a moron (a bit like Animated Superman's dumb cousin). Plus, a jedi knight shouldn't need to be big to be a good fighter.