Republics unfair gear advantage

DNGDangerous

is there a reason that the Republic has the unfair advantage of purchasing the Battlemaster Eliminator's Cannon?

http://www.torhead.com/item/2TxcubQ/battlemaster-eliminators-cannon

which has the Advanced Adept Enhancement 25

http://www.torhead.com/item/vPHhgd/advanced-adept-enhancement-25

+24 Endurance

+25 Expertise Rating

+37 Power

+51 Surge Rating

allowing the republic with the only battlemaster enhancment with power and surge on it?

the mirror to this weapon for the imperials is Battlemaster Eliminator's Pistol

http://www.torhead.com/item/b3wGAFd/battlemaster-eliminators-blaster

which has the Advanced Proficient Enhancement 25

http://www.torhead.com/item/eTpCpHN/advanced-proficient-enhancement-25

+40 Endurance

+25 Expertise Rating

+51 Accuracy Rating

+20 Power

Currently, Imperials have no way of purchasing a battlemaster enhancment with power and surge on it.

The only way for Imperials to get enhancments with power and surge on it, is by getting them from War Hero gear, which takes significantly longer to aquire. When Rated Warzones come out, this will give Republics a significant power advantage earlier in the season.

Its already hard enough to aquire War Hero Gear, let alone get a full set, and then buy more just to rip enhancments out of them.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, wait, wait, an Imperial complaining about Rep and "unfairness" :eek:

Somebody pls pass me the Popcorn cause this is just hilarious :p

/facepalm

It's probably a troll thread.

Besides everyone is going to use the WH mods. Who the heck is going to just use the BM mods? I was considering just stacking the BM gear but it's too expensive to just use the previous tier.

I would dig out the list of all the things that Imperials have/have had over Republic but I'd be typing until Sunday. Got better things to do like grind endlessly to catch up with the Champion-geared Sorcerers who capped their Valor in January.

Nice to see the Imperials complaining about the other way round though. Though of course because this is putting the Imperials are at a disadvantage, it's bound to get fixed in the next patch over the glaring imbalances that have screwed the Republic since Beta.

I have stacked those mods in all my slots. My power and surge are unstoppable. I laugh as I one shot guarded healers and subsequently one shot the tank guarding them. Had to replace my monitor twice because they could not keep up with the massive numbers flashing on the screen when I crit. Life is good for the republic Edited by physiology

Surge hits soft cap really easy. I dont even use the surge trinkets, because for "double" my surge rating, I get like 3% more crit bonus. After the surge nurf (a good nurf, actually) its much better to stack power and/or raw stats for PvE, or Expertise for PvP.

I have stacked those mods in all my slots. My power and surge are unstoppable. I laugh as I one shot guarded healers and subsequently one shot the tank guarding them. Had to replace my monitor twice because they could not keep up with the massive numbers flashing on the screen when I crit. Life is good for the republic

LOL'ed.

I have stacked those mods in all my slots. My power and surge are unstoppable. I laugh as I one shot guarded healers and subsequently one shot the tank guarding them. Had to replace my monitor twice because they could not keep up with the massive numbers flashing on the screen when I crit. Life is good for the republic

^ The best post I've seen all day.

lol'd

Surge hits soft cap really easy. I dont even use the surge trinkets, because for "double" my surge rating, I get like 3% more crit bonus. After the surge nurf (a good nurf, actually) its much better to stack power and/or raw stats for PvE, or Expertise for PvP.

since the republic dont seem to like having power and surge on their enhancment- so for their sake, please change their enhancment to:

Advanced Proficient Enhancement 25

+40 Endurance

+25 Expertise Rating

+51 Accuracy Rating

+20 Power

so they can be happy!

You, sir, win the Internet. Congratulations.

Good stuff... LOL

lol I was just wondering if that was the only way I could get an enhancement without accuracy or alatricity on it. Was trying to find the answer on the forums and found it in an unusual way. Thx:D

anyways that wpn is expensive so I'm off to do more pvp to get the million WZ coms I'll need to get all the enhancements I want.

Edited by Girltank

is there a reason that the Republic has the unfair advantage of purchasing the Battlemaster Eliminator's Cannon?

http://www.torhead.com/item/2TxcubQ/battlemaster-eliminators-cannon

which has the Advanced Adept Enhancement 25

http://www.torhead.com/item/vPHhgd/advanced-adept-enhancement-25

+24 Endurance

+25 Expertise Rating

+37 Power

+51 Surge Rating

allowing the republic with the only battlemaster enhancment with power and surge on it?

the mirror to this weapon for the imperials is Battlemaster Eliminator's Pistol

http://www.torhead.com/item/b3wGAFd/battlemaster-eliminators-blaster

which has the Advanced Proficient Enhancement 25

+40 Endurance

+25 Expertise Rating

+51 Accuracy Rating

+20 Power

Currently, Imperials have no way of purchasing a battlemaster enhancment with power and surge on it.

The only way for Imperials to get enhancments with power and surge on it, is by getting them from War Hero gear, which takes significantly longer to aquire. When Rated Warzones come out, this will give Republics a significant power advantage earlier in the season.

Its already hard enough to aquire War Hero Gear, let alone get a full set, and then buy more just to rip enhancments out of them.

1st, you are comparing gear from two different weapon classes, Pistols and Heavy Assult Gun. Pistols are used on Smugglers and Bounty Hunters, while the Heavy Assult Gun is only used on the Trooper. And from a lore and practal matter, Pistols are not as powerful as an Assult Gun.

2nd, the main problem with the gear is that the dominate side is gearing up faster than the other side, not so much the differences between the same level of gear. Unfornately at this stage, there is no realistic way to fix this. Bioware can only change the rate of gearing up so much.

3rd, Stats work differently for each class, thus Strength for a Jedi Knight doesn't equal Strength for a Jedi Consular.

Thus your theory does have some weaknesses in it.

Edited by JediMasterBurst

1st, you are comparing gear from two different weapon classes, Pistols and Heavy Assult Gun. Pistols are used on Smugglers and Bounty Hunters, while the Heavy Assult Gun is only used on the Trooper. And from a lore and practal matter, Pistols are not as powerful as an Assult Gun.

2nd, the main problem with the gear is that the dominate side is gearing up faster than the other side, not so much the differences between the same level of gear. Unfornately at this stage, there is no realistic way to fix this. Bioware can only change the rate of gearing up so much.

3rd, Stats work differently for each class, thus Strength for a Jedi Knight doesn't equal Strength for a Jedi Consular.

Thus your theory does have some weaknesses in it.

1st hes not comparing gear hes compairing enhencement. Your explanation with guns and pistols doesnt make any sense and has nothing to do with OP point.

2nd the only problem i see with gear is that republic have access to an enhancement thru the pvp vendor that imperial cant get thru their pvp vendor. Unfortunatly, the enhancement we are talking about is the best in slot for some classes(like my rage jugg) so for someone who doesnt have enough time to grind for the warhero gear the best thing to do is buy battlemaster gear for the enhancement and put them in all your slots.

3rd, we are not talking about strenght we are talking about power and surge.

BTW I tottaly agree with you OP I dont even know how this happend because this enhancement was already best in slot pre 1.2.

Edited by Ellvaan
Edited under previous warning

1st hes not comparing gear hes compairing enhencement. Your explanation with guns and pistols doesnt make any sense and has nothing to do with OP point.

2nd the only problem i see with gear is that republic have access to an enhancement thru the pvp vendor that imperial cant get thru their pvp vendor. Unfortunatly, the enhancement we are talking about is the best in slot for some classes(like my rage jugg) so for someone who doesnt have enough time to grind for the warhero gear the best thing to do is buy battlemaster gear for the enhancement and put them in all your slots.

3rd, we are not talking about strenght we are talking about power and surge.

BTW I tottaly agree with you OP I dont even know how this happend because this enhancement was already best in slot pre 1.2.

Is just funny how a couple of Imps complain bout such a small thing and even got the gutts to talk about "fairness". Bet if you play a Republic with this emo attitude u had cut ur veins in January.

Imps complaining bout republics, is just simply priceless

Dont worry, by the time rated wz come out, no one will be playing this game anyways.

Its sad that this statement is true :( its ashame that BW has taken something i loved since childhood and completely managed to ruin it in all aspects within 4 months of release, but hey at least it lasted longer than War Hammer :D

so at 1550 warzone comms if i wanted this on all my items thats 6 i'd need so i'd need 6x1550 or 9300 warzone comms imps win 7/10 of the games so it would mean i get 85 warzone comms average IF i can get 8 comms per battle and we dont get totally dominated which is a huge IF. so we are looking at around 110 games which at 4 hours a day of pvp is only 10 days to buy just the guns. then you have to buy the chest/pants/boots/gloves/helm which is another 5400 comms so thats another 64 games or 6 days so for 16 days i can get full bm with these augments. thats if we do well in every game and can take up to twice as long realisically. So i could grind for a month for 6 pieces of gear. In that time your going to average 110 comms per game making you 42.240 comms which is 14080 rated warzone comms meaning you could buy the full 6 pieces of war hero gear. in the same exact time. Granted if you played 8 hours or 12 hours that would reduce it or if you got lucky and got more wins it would reduce it. Yeah I don't see the problem.