Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RE and Artifice Questions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
RE and Artifice Questions

Vaahanian
04.27.2012 , 06:09 PM | #1
Hello everybody,

From what I have been reading, all "campaign" and all "black hole" items purchased and obtained from EC can be reverse engineered with a potential to learn them right? Or is it only what is dropped in EC?

Can hilts/mods/crystals/barrels/enhancements/armorings be pulled out of the new campaign/black hole gear and RE'd with a chance to learn them?

Being an Artificer I am also looking at how I can crit craft some off hands for our members that could use them, but currently I have learned the lvl 48 greens from the trainer. Is it possible to RE rakata off hands to learn or is it only new campaign/black hole off hands?

Thanks!

xenofire
04.27.2012 , 06:10 PM | #2
Some blackhole gear can be RE'd into schematics, some only into mats. When you highlight something with your RE tool it says whether or not it can be made into a schematic.
Guildmaster of The Remnant on The Harbinger
#4 World | #2 US | EC16 HM

Vaahanian
04.27.2012 , 06:27 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by xenofire View Post
Some blackhole gear can be RE'd into schematics, some only into mats. When you highlight something with your RE tool it says whether or not it can be made into a schematic.
While it was handy that they introduced that feature, how would somebody be able to know before they receive an item if they will be able to RE it? Most of our raids is run by master looter and as far as I can tell, you can't for example, open your bag, choose RE and then hover over the loot on the boss. Nothing pops up, unless that just verifies that you can't RE anything? Would that also apply to vendor items?

Vaahanian
04.27.2012 , 07:38 PM | #4
Bumpity

Zoopercat
04.27.2012 , 07:56 PM | #5
Hey, I've been compiling this info and have a few answers for you.
  • The BH implants and ears can be RE'd to learn a pattern. The crafted item is BoE.
  • All of the campaign gear can be RE'd to learn a pattern. The crafted item is BoE.
  • The level 26 mods and enhancements from this gear can be RE'd to learn a pattern. The level 26 armorings from the gear cannot.
  • Side note: The level 25 mods from Rakata level gear cannot be RE'd to learn a pattern, nor can the level 24 mods. The level 24 mod patterns are drops in KP.
ASK MR. ROBOT

Vaahanian
04.27.2012 , 08:10 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
Hey, I've been compiling this info and have a few answers for you.
  • The BH implants and ears can be RE'd to learn a pattern. The crafted item is BoE.
  • All of the campaign gear can be RE'd to learn a pattern. The crafted item is BoE.
  • The level 26 mods and enhancements from this gear can be RE'd to learn a pattern. The level 26 armorings from the gear cannot.
  • Side note: The level 25 mods from Rakata level gear cannot be RE'd to learn a pattern, nor can the level 24 mods. The level 24 mod patterns are drops in KP.
Thank you for this information!