Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Wont download patch

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Wharghoul
04.27.2012 , 04:41 PM | #1
So here I am trying to download the new patch and it keeps stopping and giving me a network failure message. then my internet goes down for awhile. something about DNS. This isnt the first time its happened. Its pretty muched happened for all patches and kinda just worked itself out on its own. but I cant for the life of me get this one to download. whats the deal?

Smaois
04.27.2012 , 04:43 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Wharghoul,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues patching.

What is the exact error message that you are getting on the Launcher?

Smaois | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

MaskedDriver
04.27.2012 , 04:50 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Wharghoul View Post
So here I am trying to download the new patch and it keeps stopping and giving me a network failure message. then my internet goes down for awhile. something about DNS. This isnt the first time its happened. Its pretty muched happened for all patches and kinda just worked itself out on its own. but I cant for the life of me get this one to download. whats the deal?
I'm getting the same error:

Quote:
Network error while downloading patch data. Retrying...
This is happening while downloading English Assets 56. I closed and relaunched the launcher and it did the same thing. It'd freeze up at 0.02MB remaining and downloading at 0.56kb/s.

I said, "screw it", walked away for a few minutes and by the time I got back it had resolved its self and was sitting at "Play."

I'd suggest just letting it sit there. It says it's retrying, so it may switch from the CDN it's on to a different one at some point, allowing it to finally work.

Wharghoul
04.27.2012 , 04:52 PM | #4
Yeah In the past it has done that for the major patches, and just kinda resolved itself. Alrighty guess I gotta fina another way to occupy my time for awhile lol.