Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR has stopped working

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MasterMe
04.27.2012 , 01:02 PM | #1
My computer has lately been kicking me off of SWTOR, saying that is has stopped working. I've never had any problems with this game before and I'm really baffled. The screen will freeze for just a few seconds and then it will kick me off. Afterwards, I noticed my screen's resolution had bumped down. Why is it doing this? My computer is a Acer Aspire 7551G-7606 laptop. I really hope it doesn't keep this up. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ratae
04.27.2012 , 01:11 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello MasterMe,

Could I first of all ask you to post your Dxdiag report here to enable us to begin to investigate further.

To get your DXDiag report, please follow these instructions:
  1. Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time. (The [Windows] key is the key with the Windows icon on it)
  2. Type in ‘DxDiag’ and press ‘OK’.
  3. This will open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool box.
  4. At the bottom of the box is a ‘Save All information’ button. Press it.
  5. This will open a ‘Save As’ box. Please ensure the text file is named ‘DxDiag’.
  6. Save this to your desktop.
  7. Open the saved file, hit Ctrl+A (select all), and then Ctrl+C (copy).
  8. Paste that information at the bottom of your post. Before you post it, please remove your PC Name from the DxDiag. Please use code or spoiler tags. If you don’t use these then your DXDiag will fill up the page making it hard to navigate your thread.

Thanks for your help and patience.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Nunehi
04.27.2012 , 07:17 PM | #3
I'm having the same problem here's my readout /hijack
Spoiler

killonious
04.28.2012 , 08:08 AM | #4
I'm having the same problem

Spoiler

Ratae
04.28.2012 , 08:20 AM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Nunehi & killonious,

Could you please check that your Graphics card has the most recent drivers installed? From your Dxdiag reports you both seem to have slightly out-of-date drivers. For instructions on how to update your Graphics card please see here.

Thank you for your cooperation.

killonious
04.28.2012 , 02:49 PM | #6
I updated the video card drivers and i'm still having the problem. it just started after patch on 4/27/12.

Ratae
04.28.2012 , 02:58 PM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello killonious,

Could you post your most recent Crash log here so that we can begin to investigate the problem?
  • Crash Logs. These logs are useful if the game shuts down on you unexpectedly. These logs can be found here:
    • \Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\SWTOR\CrashDump
    Example file names: crash.dmp, crash.json

Does the crash happen with all your characters or just one particular one? Is it confined to one area?

Thanks for your help.

Anubinar
04.28.2012 , 03:10 PM | #8
I am having the same issue. Graphics drivers are up to date. Happens on all my characters on both servers I play on, and so far its kicked me off at 5 separate areas. None of which correspond with each other. I will post my logs.

Spoiler

Nunehi
04.28.2012 , 04:42 PM | #9
My drivers are up to date and the issue is still happening. All characters nowhere in particular although it seems to happen more frequently when on loading screens but also happens when I'm just running around, in a flashpoint, or it just happened while on a flightpath.

here's what i got out of the crash log.
Spoiler

Roalmo
04.28.2012 , 04:49 PM | #10
Some game engines have troubles with the 7000 thru 9000 series of nvidia cards, I note 2 of you have 9800 cards.

If you have a buddy with spare 260gtx or higher gtx card, you might want to try that,\.