Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Q&A Thread for May 4th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official Q&A Thread for May 4th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DaricCelSolun
04.27.2012 , 04:12 PM | #21
Are there any plans in the works for group space combat?

I love the space combat system, but many times I and my groups have been filled with the desire to run space missions together, in keeping with the original spirit of Star Wars, which everyone knows relies heavily on allies in space banding together to defeat long odds.

buddytonto
04.27.2012 , 04:12 PM | #22
What are the next updates for UI customization? Will they be in a patch prior to 1.3? It'd be nice to have an option to only show buffs/debuffs we place on a target, instead of trying to figure out when our hots/dots will fall off when there are 3 sets of them on it and wasting energy. Same for debuffs in operation frames, they are so small and difficult to decipher on what is or isn't able to be dispelled. % on focus target health frame, as well as distance notification. It would also be good to have a self buff bar which doesn't have to be attached to character frame. Modifier to show/hide bars/map/etc...when in/out of combat? I really enjoy the Customization offered in 1.2, but would like to see it go further.
Reverse the cycle of violence, HIT FIRST! Jokerz Wild!

BulletsChase
04.27.2012 , 04:13 PM | #23
Can we expect to see more Space Mission? Maybe expand into in-planet sections, having missions resemble Rogue Squadron type flight missions or like the Star Wars arcade game - very on-rail type gameplay

lordkaun
04.27.2012 , 04:14 PM | #24
I understand there will be server transfers, since im a guild leader on a low server already would it not be better to combine low populated servers for us who have made a good foundation on them?

Coync
04.27.2012 , 04:14 PM | #25
Are there any plans to have more player-to-player interactions? For example, when engaging in some of the flashpoints, it would be a cool addition to have players be able to interact with each other through their characters, say by having a Smuggler let a Jedi know that hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a blaster at your side. It just seems that at the moment so much has been invested into making TOR into a real roleplaying experience with amazing story arcs, but when it comes to 4 person flashpoints it's just four random characters who happen to be in the right place at the right time. Even having a chance to 'react' to some of the group decisions would be a nice touch - if one Jedi decides to kill a group of engineers instead of taking the long route, it would be nice to have your Trooper character say 'Woah, I thought Jedi were meant to be nice' or something.

MrGrizzly
04.27.2012 , 04:17 PM | #26
I love the Legacy stuff...and that's a problem. I would like to try leveling a character on a PVP server or on another PVE server where another friend/guild plays but I don't want to lose all my Legacy perks or spend time leveling a character that isn't contributing to my Legacy.

Any plans to expand Legacy to be across servers (i.e. tied to your account not the server you are on)?
MrGrizzly
http://www.torverse.com
The TORVerse Podcast

Mikeliskewl
04.27.2012 , 04:19 PM | #27
Hello, i am wondering, Will there be titles introduced for getting 400/400 for your vrafting skill?
For example:
Biochem = Dr. (name)
Armormech = Engineer (name)
Synthweaving = Fabricator (name)
Armstech = Gunsmith (name)
Artifice = Archaeologist (name)
Cybertech = Programmer (name)
etc.
-Mike
Guild officer of OnyxDemWasibi, Always recruiting,
Link:http://www.swtor.com/guilds/259293/onyxdemwasibi

ekaikaforge
04.27.2012 , 04:21 PM | #28
Chat bubbles?

Please? Socializing in Fleet is a bit stale, being relegated to channel /1 and such. Spatial chat bubbles would only serve to further increase immersion, and remove the social chatter from /1 which is being spammed for trade and group.

Not sure if asked in the past, if so, update?

Kelleth
04.27.2012 , 04:24 PM | #29
When is the Barber shop planned to be released?

They talked about this over a year ago, I would have thought it would be in the game at release or at least in 1.1.
I am a none-violent person, until I see a spider, then I turn into Al Capone, and I want him DEAD! I want his family DEAD! And I want his house BURNED TO THE GROUND!

nicesocks
04.27.2012 , 04:28 PM | #30
Are there any plans to benefit players who walk the ambiguous gray path? I play a smuggler who is thoroughly grey side at lvl 50, he takes credit making opportunities when he can but doesn't harm those he considers innocent. Yet there are no rewards for this style of play.
Is there any plan to implement value to a grayside character as opposed to the simplistic lightside/darkside duality?