Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Q&A Thread for May 4th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official Q&A Thread for May 4th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

04.27.2012 , 03:53 PM | #11
Are there any plans to continue the class stories?

As it stands from the stories I have seen some lead on to some form of continuation i.e. Imperial Agent and Bounty hunter and others such as the two Sith force classes have you one of 12 most powerful people in the empire. Have the writters written themselves into a corner which will lead any continuation of the story impossible to justify as short of the emporer nobody would dare ask them to go kill 10 womp rats.

04.27.2012 , 03:55 PM | #12
Is there any chance of Jedi Knights being able to have a type of armor customization which would let them lower the hoods on their armor?

04.27.2012 , 03:56 PM | #13
What's the system behind the Gathering and the Missions crew skills? What I mean is this - how the system decides what item do I get? Is it random or is it dependable on something? For example, why some Uderworld Trading Gift missions get me military gear while others get me courting items?

What I want to know is what's the logic behind it - does it matter what the mission's description says, does it matter which companion I send along with their affection and proficiency etc.?

04.27.2012 , 03:58 PM | #14
Any chance of post-creation character customization coming soon? Maybe with additional options?

04.27.2012 , 03:59 PM | #15
I was wondering if you would be able to go into how the writers and devs decided which class got what companion, and when in the game. What went behind your thinking, and what sort of inspiration did you draw on? For instance, I assume that the inclusion of a Wookiee companion for a Smuggler was obvious, but how did you decide the others? For instance how did you decide that a Jedi Knight would get a force using follower before the Sith Warrior, etc? Thanks!

04.27.2012 , 04:01 PM | #16
A lot of players are still wondering about a hood on/off toggle. Any plans for that in the near future?

04.27.2012 , 04:01 PM | #17
Is there any chance we'll be able to use our alts as companions, possibly through the legacy system?
...they'd never come to see me in this dive, where bikers stare at cowboys, who are laughing at the hippies, who are praying they'll get out of here alive...

04.27.2012 , 04:04 PM | #18
From the RPer perspective, when are we getting interactive seating?? Alsoif I may, can the Tython Jedi temple please get an upgrade with some more training rooms and sleeping quarters?

04.27.2012 , 04:04 PM | #19
The smuggler/Agent ability Kolto Pack/infusion seems to be generally scuffed by the players. It's simply too costly, too slow and does not heal enough. Do you think the ability performs well enough for the class? And could you perhaps explain a bit about the utility from a designers perspective. Why, when and how should we use it?.
Don't mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance or my kindness for weakness!

Fight hard, die well!

04.27.2012 , 04:04 PM | #20
In the Q&A for April 27, you addressed a question about loot drops taking classes into account and how you added the bias into the endgame Flashpoints. Is there any way for this bias to check not just the base class but the advanced class as well? I would say this most affects Sith Warriors and Jedi Knights, who wear different classes of armour depending on their AC choice. Example: our normal Flashpoint group is a Powertech, Sniper, Marauder, and Sorcerer. It seems any time Sith Warrior gear drops, it's heavy armour, so only a juggernaut could use it. Our Marauder has actually gotten very little gear from the endgame Flashpoints because of this. So is there any way for it to bias to Advanced Class, mainly to benefit Sith Warriors / Jedi Knights? Thanks in advance!