Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Q&A Thread for May 4th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official Q&A Thread for May 4th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Vitas
04.27.2012 , 11:07 PM | #101
The Star Wars universe consists of billions of worlds. Threads have been posted by players wanting to see more worlds to explore. Can we expect to see any added in the future like Yavin IV, Dac, Talus, Naboo, Roon, Sullust, Onderon, Ziost, Taloraan, Csilla, Kashyyyk and more to freely explore rather than just as operations or flashpoints?
If you'd like to see more Explorable Worlds in Star Wars: The Old Republic,
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game:

KrackenOne
04.27.2012 , 11:08 PM | #102
I believe many people where under the impression that we would be able to pull set bonuses from most gear, not almost none. It seems like only the top tier set bonus can be relocated at this time. Any chance this will be expanded or lower tier? If not, what is the reason?

David: We’re sorry if the note confused anyone. You can pull set bonuses from all new items with set bonuses going forward. There are not any current plans to expand this to old items. The tech that allows us to distribute set bonuses as part of the armoring is new, and there are limitations to how much we can change items that players already possess. That means we can have the set bonus on all armorings that were created for 1.2 or later, but that old armor still has the set bonus on the shell item.

This is not true. Only War Hero sets have the bonus follow the armoring mod, even if the armor is purchased today.
I see I have "fans"
Pubs: Prophecy of the Five: Kråcken, Forester, Korvela, Spaceba'r, Disconnected Fatman: Åcë, Ziggystårdust Port Nowhere: Dumptruck
IMPs: Fatman: Ååå Prophecy of the Five: Tyrená, Bela'Vistal

evilmikewwe
04.27.2012 , 11:38 PM | #103
i have 1 question 1. how much would the character transfer service actually cost?

Wulf_Larsen
04.27.2012 , 11:38 PM | #104
Biochem Crafted Purples.
Currently these are only usable if you have the appropriate level of Biochem skill effectively making them usable for your character alone and not really worthwhile for trading.
Are there any plans to allow the purple level crafted Biochem items to be used across all your legacy characters to make it a more useful skill to have?

HKtheindomitable
04.27.2012 , 11:51 PM | #105
Query: What's going to be done about servers like Hedarr Soongh where there are mostly 25-30 Republic players and 100+ Imperial players every day?
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP&PVE
Ebon Hawk | Captain | International Guild

UCKFred
04.27.2012 , 11:56 PM | #106
Quote:
Raific: Could you please clarify and expand on the following patch note for Game Update 1.2:

Players can now remove Armoring modifications that have set bonuses from items and transfer those set bonuses to Custom (orange) items. These modifications can only be transferred to an item that is equipped in the same slot. This does not apply to all items with a set bonus, only those where the set bonus is attached to the Armoring modification.

I believe many people where under the impression that we would be able to pull set bonuses from most gear, not almost none. It seems like only the top tier set bonus can be relocated at this time. Any chance this will be expanded or lower tier? If not, what is the reason?

David: We’re sorry if the note confused anyone. You can pull set bonuses from all new items with set bonuses going forward. There are not any current plans to expand this to old items. The tech that allows us to distribute set bonuses as part of the armoring is new, and there are limitations to how much we can change items that players already possess. That means we can have the set bonus on all armorings that were created for 1.2 or later, but that old armor still has the set bonus on the shell item.
Why not make a trade in interface where players can trade in their Tier 1 armor for identical Tier 1 armor using the same "Tech" that's being used for the Tier 2 set? I think it would be something worthwhile to do for many who were disappointed and expected Tier 1 set bonuses to transfer in 1.2.

Mhorham
04.27.2012 , 11:59 PM | #107
Where are we at with the reintroduction of open world pvp reward in swtor. I think James got a lot of good feedback from his previous request for input from the community, but I have only seen the removal of incentives that encourage non-instanced pvp in swtor. Is there disagreement about the worth of open world pvp at the Production lvl in the studio?

Sithhelmet
04.28.2012 , 12:00 AM | #108
I suddenly had a notion regarding Biochem and how it is separate from other crew skills. Someone pointed out that pvp stims are the best for pvp. This is obvious, but as I was thinking it over, that is the only item available from a vendor regarding Biochem in any way, even in the slight manner it does.

Now here's the question: Since it's been stated that Biochem reusables are going to be "phased out," would it be out of line to begin that sooner by making their prototypes like the other crafted items- available on commendation vendors?

Since they're consumable and don't last (the prototype stims), they're quite trivial, right? About the worth of half a level 50 mod or enhancement? So if they were placed on the Corellian vendor for one commendation per stim it would certainly ease the pressure of Biochemists to provide for their guilds. It would also reduce the feeling among other crew skill practitioners that Biochem is unique by placing its good items on vendors for once.

darthcraw
04.28.2012 , 12:00 AM | #109
Ok just want to know if we will be getting a guild ship like the ziost shadow or maybe the smaller ones? Cause that would be awesome to have a ship just for your guildies. You know like that "other" game and guild halls.

Screamenko
04.28.2012 , 12:09 AM | #110
I am already very excited about all those major plans you have for 2012, but are you going to add new explorable planets for dailies or, maybe, continuation of our class stories?