Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Q&A Thread for May 4th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official Q&A Thread for May 4th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JovethGonzalez
04.27.2012 , 12:57 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  

Hello and welcome to the official Q&A thread for questions to be answered for the May 4th, 2012 Q&A blog post.

As a reminder, we’ll be starting up a weekly Q&A blog series in which we will select ten questions from the community and post answers to them every Friday. We’ll have the next set of answers next week on May 4th, 2012, but before that, we need your questions!

Please use this thread to ask your question (one per community member, so make it count!). On Tuesday at 2PM CDT (8PM BST/9PM CEST/5AM AEST), we will close this thread, select ten questions, and get answers to them for Friday’s blog post.

In order to increase the chances of having your specific question answered and to help us keep the thread manageable, here are some guidelines on asking questions:
  1. Keep your question relatively short. Background details are welcome, but don’t go overboard.
  2. Please actually ask a question. We want to hear constructive feedback elsewhere in the Forums.
  3. Use common sense – we cannot answer everything, especially on far-reaching content.
  4. This should go without saying, but be respectful.
  5. Limit yourself to one question in this thread, please. You can always ask another question next week!
  6. And finally, as a reminder, this is not a discussion thread. Do not comment about what somebody else has posted.

As development plans are always subject to change, questions about future features will often get vague answers which can be repetitive and sometimes annoying. With that in mind, the development team is more interested in questions about current in-game features or systems, or questions about why development decisions were made. You’re still welcome to ask questions about future features and we’ll continue to answer them where appropriate – just expect the occasional ‘soon.’

Any other posts apart from questions in the thread will be removed.

With that being said, please ask away!

Darth_Victus
04.27.2012 , 03:34 PM | #2
Are there any plans in the near or far future to expand upon Companion interaction?

For example, have them gain light and dark side points, influence their views and such.

Because sadly, compared to your previous games released under the BioWare label, the companion interaction in TOR seems severely lacking, because as soon as you hit max affection with them, they ignore you.

Naizgrel
04.27.2012 , 03:35 PM | #3
Are we ever getting space PvP Combat?
Sev, i know you are alive.

Yasu
04.27.2012 , 03:42 PM | #4
Will we see new companions and story arcs during this year?
Lonely wanderer on Kinrath Spider. Where is everyone?

VVyrdo
04.27.2012 , 03:43 PM | #5
My actual question is to do with PvP. Do you have any intention to actually balance the classes or will you just keep nerfing/buffing the most/least played classes?

If so, I will be rolling whatever is the least played class because it will likely be getting another buff where it isn't actually needed.

Jalapena
04.27.2012 , 03:43 PM | #6
Does BioWare think that item and money sharing between characters at least on the same faction is a bit cumbersome?

My question really stems from my frustration of always having to email myself money and items. Here is an annoying scenario that drives this question. I log in to character A and start a companion to craft or go on a mission for materials for character B. I log over to character B to play while the mission or crafting takes place, it would be nice if the item just showed up in my 'account bank' and can get it without logging in and out three times to get the said resources to my second character.

I think email might be a comfortable and familiar way, but with a game that clearly encourages alternate characters. Maybe a new way of sharing resources like money and materials is needed.

DeltaEkotte
04.27.2012 , 03:47 PM | #7
I'm sorry if this is a repeat question, but are there any plans to add player housing into the game?
Imperial General Ekotte, Captin of the Mandalorian Fist
RIP SWG, Blood, Dark Stance, SAS, RSS
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...91#post3300391 SWG guilds now here

Grimmig
04.27.2012 , 03:48 PM | #8
Are there any plans to adjust the planets for Type 3 bodies? Troublesome spots include certain (known) datacrons, and staircases.

Example: In the interior of the Sith temple on Korriban, the section of stairs between the floor and the landing, you cannot simply run up the stairs as a Type 3 body. You must either jump towards the stairs repeatedly until you reach the landing or you have to run facing the stairs and simultaneously strafe back and forth. Once you reach the landing you can run up the second segment normally.

Example: Balmorran Arms Factory, destroying all shuttles on the landing platforms. The same issue exists for each of those staircases. Three shuttles, through the factory, four more shuttles.

etc, etc.

This does not happen to Type 2 bodies, I have not tried Type 1 or 4.

gibmachine
04.27.2012 , 03:50 PM | #9
Are you happy with how companion system turned out? What I mean here, don't you feel that the interaction system between players and their companions could be expanded somehow (like companion dailies or random, non-affection based cutscenes showing discussions between companions themselves)?

For the background (and some ideas), I'll simply link my suggestion thread containing the reasoning and some ideas.
The earth begins to rumble and your foes begin to tremble. You come and destruction comes with you.

Draanok

Decrisit
04.27.2012 , 03:50 PM | #10
What was the reasoning behind the change to the Smuggler companion, Corso Riggs, having his Harpoon replaced by a jetpack? Smugglers already had a companion that has a leap action. Did the team consider the effect it would have on Scoundrels, who are a melee class, or were just Gunslingers, a ranged class, thought about?
Now doesn't that just beat all..
Decrisit Saitari - Sawbones Scoundrel
Level 55 Smuggler
The Shadowlands - SYNH