Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Vanguard Special: A Tactics Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Trooper > Vanguard
The Vanguard Special: A Tactics Guide

TheOpf
05.29.2012 , 10:48 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Krayshawn View Post
http://i47.tinypic.com/2zdrml3.jpg
so i pulled this today. running norse.
now that is sweetness. I have been goofing off with a tank spec, and hate it so much compared to AP. I am not sure what people are talking about. AP provides way more mobility than shield.
The Bounty Hunter AP Guide: Always Learning -Vanguard Tactics Guide: Where is my PG Slow?
Anam Ithieor- 50 AP Powertech
Anbas Ithieor- 20 Operative (lethality/healer)

Krayshawn
05.29.2012 , 11:12 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TheOpf View Post
now that is sweetness. I have been goofing off with a tank spec, and hate it so much compared to AP. I am not sure what people are talking about. AP provides way more mobility than shield.
agreed, and energy is great.
The Krayshawn Legacy:
Krayshawn - Vanguard El'Diablo - 29/12/0 Jug
Mufasa, GM : <Hakuna Matata> - Jedi Covenant

Krayshawn
06.10.2012 , 03:26 PM | #23
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#80...robckZfhbrzh.1hey op, i was curious about this spec i just built on torhead.
1. i know energy will be bad will need a hammershot between skills.
2, unlike candle i will get free HiB's and the refresh will proove for better sustained.
3. I know i am missing out on AP but i dont care about it, nor do i care about FP.
4. The main thought behind this was the utility of tactics for objective mixed with the damage (some of it anyway i know i loose 30% surge HiB big turn off).
The Krayshawn Legacy:

TheOpf
06.10.2012 , 09:03 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Krayshawn View Post
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#80...robckZfhbrzh.1hey op, i was curious about this spec i just built on torhead.
1. i know energy will be bad will need a hammershot between skills.
2, unlike candle i will get free HiB's and the refresh will proove for better sustained.
3. I know i am missing out on AP but i dont care about it, nor do i care about FP.
4. The main thought behind this was the utility of tactics for objective mixed with the damage (some of it anyway i know i loose 30% surge HiB big turn off).
It's called the Maverick on the PT side. It's actually stronger in terms of total dps than AP. It has zero burst though because there is no pt or td. Agooz and Exphyrl talked about it for a few days. it's actually a pretty fun hybrid.
The Bounty Hunter AP Guide: Always Learning -Vanguard Tactics Guide: Where is my PG Slow?

Krayshawn
06.10.2012 , 09:07 PM | #25
It's called the Maverick on the PT side. It's actually stronger in terms of total dps than AP. It has zero burst though because there is no pt or td. Agooz and Exphyrl talked about it for a few days. it's actually a pretty fun hybrid.
ahh ok
The Krayshawn Legacy:

TheOpf
06.29.2012 , 08:30 PM | #26
Updated information. How Is everyone enjoying the new slow?

Gulcasa
06.30.2012 , 09:00 AM | #27
I am a level 50 that was specced "Ironfist" before the nerf. I re-specced to Tactics because of what changes they did to SS (Not a tankassin no more D:< ). I'm wearing WH Combat Tech cause its the only option I had. My set is prioritizing Surge>Power>Crit, my question is how would a Tactrics Vanguard fit in an 8 man rated team? I haven't tried doing rated in Tactics yet. Opinions from other Tactics Vanguards?

Krato
06.30.2012 , 10:21 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Gulcasa View Post
I am a level 50 that was specced "Ironfist" before the nerf. I re-specced to Tactics because of what changes they did to SS (Not a tankassin no more D:< ). I'm wearing WH Combat Tech cause its the only option I had. My set is prioritizing Surge>Power>Crit, my question is how would a Tactrics Vanguard fit in an 8 man rated team? I haven't tried doing rated in Tactics yet. Opinions from other Tactics Vanguards?
I'm in the same boat...I had 4pc Combat Tech set, and about 50/50 elim/super for the non-set items. Worked great with Iron Fist and now I'm "broken". With the respec that came with the 1.3 patch I speced into Assault(dmg). While I can kill some things pretty quickly, the ammo management is a beech, and I can (and do) get burned down 2x as quick as I can dish it out. I had read "Oh no don't go tactics if you want to do damage..." - I'm interested to hear what others say to your questions too.

Gulcasa
07.01.2012 , 04:23 AM | #29
A 70% slow in a wide cone that deals roughly 4,000+ to 5,500+ (Crits) in elemental damage? Best thing that ever happened to Tactics. Pop "Hold the line" with PG in 5 stacks and BOOM, drowzy scrubs keep sleeping on me.

gloryday
07.01.2012 , 09:10 AM | #30
Its good, but I prefer the old damage bug

in rated, as soon as a tactic spec guys attempt to use pulse they just stunned (which wastes your 5-stack)