Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Vanguard Special: A Tactics Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
The Vanguard Special: A Tactics Guide

TheOpf
04.28.2012 , 01:39 PM | #11
Woot it got stickied . This is awesome. Thank you! It got stickier before the BH one haha!
The Bounty Hunter AP Guide: Always Learning -Vanguard Tactics Guide: Where is my PG Slow?
Anam Ithieor- 50 AP Powertech
Anbas Ithieor- 20 Operative (lethality/healer)

Ogi-Wan-BG
04.28.2012 , 01:56 PM | #12
Perfect thread ! Just perfect. Keep up with the good work guys
Maximal - 55lvl Assassin
Wolverin - 55lvl Sentinel
Firen - 55lvl Vanguard
Didka - 55lvl Shadow

TheOpf
04.30.2012 , 09:40 AM | #13
Update 4/30: Added some videos in the Suggestion Box. If anyone has videos of them playing using the AP/Tactics build with or without instructions I would love to see them.
The Bounty Hunter AP Guide: Always Learning -Vanguard Tactics Guide: Where is my PG Slow?

Ogi-Wan-BG
05.02.2012 , 01:06 AM | #14
May I ask a question, because I have recently started a Vanguard(not very know with class)

Can High Friction Bolts from Assault Spec tree stack with Focused impact from Tactics tree ? - which means High impact bolt ignores 90% of enemies armor ?
Maximal - 55lvl Assassin
Wolverin - 55lvl Sentinel
Firen - 55lvl Vanguard
Didka - 55lvl Shadow

KenFMN
05.02.2012 , 08:04 AM | #15
Quick Question on this -- I'm about to hit 50 on my vanguard and will be primarily running tactics as dps for ops and hard modes. Is this spec viable to switch cells and off tank if the need arises?
The Fatman - The Lost Sith Gods
Katti- Assassin

TheOpf
05.02.2012 , 09:08 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Ogi-Wan-BG View Post
May I ask a question, because I have recently started a Vanguard(not very know with class)

Can High Friction Bolts from Assault Spec tree stack with Focused impact from Tactics tree ? - which means High impact bolt ignores 90% of enemies armor ?
They do, and it's why the 1/22/18 Hybrid is viable and it's why Pyro's HiB's hit so hard. You have to be in CGC for it to be at 90 percent, but yes they do stack.

TheOpf
05.02.2012 , 09:09 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by KenFMN View Post
Quick Question on this -- I'm about to hit 50 on my vanguard and will be primarily running tactics as dps for ops and hard modes. Is this spec viable to switch cells and off tank if the need arises?
As viable as Pyro is, Switching cells is just fine, your healer will need to work harder, but yes you can switch and offtank if needed.

Taunque
05.06.2012 , 01:56 PM | #18
How much longer until they fix the snare...

TheOpf
05.08.2012 , 01:14 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Taunque View Post
How much longer until they fix the snare...
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop? I think they both may be answered at the same time ;p

Krayshawn
05.27.2012 , 08:36 PM | #20
http://i47.tinypic.com/2zdrml3.jpg
so i pulled this today. running norse.
The Krayshawn Legacy:
Krayshawn - Vanguard El'Diablo - 29/12/0 Jug
Mufasa, GM : <Hakuna Matata> - Jedi Covenant