Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Slicing Crits nerfed in Tuesday Patch?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Slicing Crits nerfed in Tuesday Patch?

bakedpotter
04.27.2012 , 11:32 AM | #1
prior to Tuesdays patch I was seeing about 1 in 7 crits for augment mats giving me the top tier purple mats and schematics. since Tuesday patch I am seeing about 1 in 15+ crits. I've run about 100 missions since the patch with 6 crits. SSS I guess you can say but prior to this patch it was a non issue. Anyone still getting normal crit rates on these missions? This seems to coincide witha decreased crit rate on RE. Let me know if anyone else has blatantly noticed or if I have just rin into an unlucky streak.

Shadesmith
04.27.2012 , 11:52 AM | #2
I reported the returns on slicing as a bug. Running missions for lockboxes (ie credits) is now completely pointless unless you need to skill up to get the cred boxes scattered around the area your actively playing in, and the difficulty of getting the higher quality sliced goods (not that I've figured out exactly what to DO with them yet) seems to be cost prohibitive as well from what I've tried so far, particualrly when your dealing with a 400 skill and trying top tier runs (which have never been worth it for cred boxes, another issue that I have yet to see addressed in slicing).

I do have a collection of sliced tech parts that I've no idea what to do with, but none of them are the results of crits. Yes, thats 62 missions so far, and not a single crit return for sliced parts.. Gotta love those percentage returns where it refactors to 0 every time... which is the only reasonable way I can possibly think of this happening. Get a good run of exceedlingly bad luck, and you're gettin nothing. I'm lucky in that in the 62 runs, I've only gotten 5 that have come back as complete failures (and this is with a crew member I have 5k affection with). I had intended to do a run of 100 to get a reasonable number to factor with, but ran out of paitence and credits on the character after 62 and refuse to throw more at a broken skill.

Course.. it could all be just my bad luck, my record so far on failed attempts to reverse engineer a mod with cybernetics on another character is 26 failures, in a row. Doesnt realy make you beleive the listed 20% is accurate, does it? I mean, I know logicaly it is still possible, if unlikely to consistantly score outside of a 20% chance in 26 tries, but you have to admit that logical or not it does not make it any less silly. That however is a different topic.

Since they nerfed slicing, things have gotten consistantly worse with its returns, to the point where.. well, there is no point. They may as well just remove the crewskill and make it a general ability as it is a complete waste of money to do "Crew Missions" with it now.

grandmthethird
04.27.2012 , 12:05 PM | #3
i wonder if all crits have been nerfed. since tuesday i haven't made one orange crit chest piece out of 30 attempts. maybe a run of bad luck eh?
"Hope has a vicious enemy called fate"

Zafere
04.27.2012 , 01:49 PM | #4
I have not crited a slicing mission since the first 3 days after 1.2 was implemented. I have hundreds of blue augment parts and zero purple. I also have not gottne an augment schematic since the first 3 days after 1.2 also. I have only been using 10K affection crew members to run these missions lately, so I am pretty sure it has either been nerfed into uselessness or is broken as many other areas of crafting in this game.

Zataos
04.27.2012 , 02:28 PM | #5
same, I have run tier 6 slicing missions on 2 toons, probably 40-50 between the 2 and have not had a single crit, just prior to the patch I was criting around 10-20 percent of the time.
The Chaoticas Legacy -The Shadowlands Server - (40k kills)
(Havaos Jug 50) (Devaos Sorc 50) (Vorhen BH 50) (Venaos Sin 50) (Xaos BH 50) (Zorgen Jug 50) (Zataos Mara 50) (Gwaraos BH 50) (Xenaos Mara 42) (Tavaos Sin 50) (Jenaos Snip 41) (Scaraos Op 27) (Ravaos Jug 31) (Xinaos Sorc 32) (Dreadaos - Jug 22)

bakedpotter
04.27.2012 , 02:31 PM | #6
Mine was still critting normal after 1.2. It was the most recent patch on Tuesday of this week that I noticed a huge dropoff. Maybe all our luck just sucks haha.

EricJS
04.27.2012 , 03:02 PM | #7
RNG all over the place, it sounds like. My last two slicing missions today both crit, and both returned the 340 slicing mission discovery. So crits haven't been disabled. I've also been getting an expected amount of augmented custom gear in my crafting.

Valethar
04.27.2012 , 09:30 PM | #8
I've yet to see any slicing mission come back so much as break even since the patch. All of the T5/6 missions come back with a couple hundred creds at most. The only missions that come back with anything at all are the Discovery missions, and most of the time those have some random crappy gifts in them.

Almost every patch sees this crew skill get broken, then fixed again a few days later. Given all the other screwups they've made with it, you'd think they were trying to kill it off altogether.
"Due to the massive loss of subscribers in our flagship title, we decided to cancel Blizzcon this year, because frankly, we don't think there's anyone left who would show up."