Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Questions On Gear Progression (Crafting/FP/Oper)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Questions On Gear Progression (Crafting/FP/Oper)

Sojo
12.17.2011 , 03:23 PM | #1
Not sure if this is the best place to post this but here goes. Ok so without an in depth guide I have been a bit confused on a few of the inner workings of certain aspects of SWTOR. First off I am normally very interested in raiding in all the games I played. With the new remodeled equipment customization I am wondering a couple things about gear progression. At first I thought FPs and Operations would be dropping mods mostly but in the updated gear post by the Devs it seems the first bosses will drop boots/hands and the last bosses will drop Chestpieces/Helms.

Since we can customize the bronze/orange gear how will the progression for gear be in relation of optimal stats between heroic Flashpoint gear, Operation Gear and Orange customizable gear? I'm very interested in Orange gear since you can customize and keep the gear with the aesthetics that you like. Also are you able to customize with mods/enhancements your purple gear from FP and Operations?

Right now I believe Green then Blue < Level 50 Flashpoint Purple < Orange Customizable Gear(with the right mods) < Purple Crafting Gear < Purple Operation Gear. Is this correct?

If it is then the orange gear and crafting gear will eventually be replaced with Operation gear for those of us that min/max for optimal gear. I've heard mixed things about this so I'm a bit confused.

Or is it Green then Blue < Level 50 Flashpoint Purple = Orange Customizable Gear(modded) = Purple Crafting Gear < Purple Operation Gear.

Is Crafting gear worth getting at all if you have the counterpart of it in Orange gear? If so what would be the point for min/maxers in going Synthweaving or Armortech?

Any insight is very much appreciated. Thanks!

Sojo
12.17.2011 , 06:53 PM | #2
C'Mon someone has to have some info on this